January Jones

sanja

Reaction score
th_76090_images_122_805lo.jpg

She currently appears in the AMC original television drama series Mad Men as young suburban housewife and mother Betty Draper, but may be best known for her role as Cadence Flaherty in American Wedding (2003), from the American Pie comedy film series.
She also had the lead female role in the movie Love's Enduring Promise. Jones plays the role of a pioneer family's oldest child. She falls in love with a young mysterious man who saved her father's life.
Jones has also had supporting roles in Anger Management (2003), Love Actually, and Dirty Dancing: Havana Nights. In 2005 she appeared in the film The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada directed by and starring Tommy Lee Jones. In 2006 in We Are Marshall she played the role of Carol Dawson, wife of coach William 'Red' Dawson.
She will star in The Boat That Rocked, to be released in 2009.
Jones was ranked #82 on the Maxim Hot 100 Women of 2002.[1]

Awards and nominations

In 2005 she won the Camie at the Character and Morality in Entertainment Awards for Love's Enduring Promise (2004) (TV), shared with Robert Halmi, Jr. (executive producer), Larry Levinson (executive producer), Lincoln Lageson (executive producer), William Spencer Reilly (executive producer), Michael Landon, Jr. (Film director/screenwriter), Cindy Kelley (screenwriter), Janette Oke (author of [[original book]), Logan Bartholomew (actor), Mackenzie Astin (actor), Dale Midkiff (actor) and Katherine Heigl (actress).
In 2006 she won the Bronze Wrangler at the Western Heritage Awards for Outstanding Theatrical Motion Picture for The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada (2005), shared with Tommy Lee Jones (Film producer/actor), Michael Fitzgerald (Film producer), Luc Besson (Film producer), Pierre-Ange Le Pogam (Film producer), Guillermo Arriaga (Film writer), Barry Pepper (actor), Dwight Yoakam (actor), Julio Cedillo (actor), Levon Helm (actor), Melissa Leo (actress) and Vanessa Bauche (actress).
In 2008 she was nominated for the Actor award at the Screen Actors Guild Awards for Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series for Mad Men (2007), shared with Bryan Batt, Anne Dudek, Michael Gladis, Jon Hamm, Christina Hendricks, Vincent Kartheiser, Robert Morse, Elisabeth Moss, Maggie Siff, John Slattery, Rich Sommer and Aaron Staton.

Personal life

Jones grew up in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. She is named after January Wayne, a character in Jacqueline Susann's Once Is Not Enough.[2] She graduated from Roosevelt High School in Sioux Falls.
Jones dated Ashton Kutcher from 1998-2001. She also dated singer Josh Groban from 2003 to 2006.[3]

Last edited by a moderator:
January Jones at Chanel Boutique Opening on Robertson Blvd video

11 MB = 1:20

http://rapidshare.com/files/149130360/January_Jones_at_Chanel_Boutique_Opening_on_Robertson_Blvd.AVI

Aww Jan's thread is so small! Time to beef it up! :clap:

I think January has a great deal of style both onscreen and off so lets talk about it shall we! I think this glittering dress looks great on her and it's such a hard look to pull off - the clutch is darling too.

Alberta Ferreti L.A. Opening

Image Credit | Wireimage

Love this little vintagey dress on her - horizontal lace is not something everyone can pull off but Jan's figure pulls it off so well.

Hollywood Style Awards

Image Credit | Wireimage

This is my absolute favorite girls of Mad Men picture. I think Christina stands out more in this photograph but January always looks good. I wish there were more!

Atomic Age Bombshells
Ph. Bryan Adams
Stars: Christina Hendricks, Elizabeth Moss & January Jones

b8lis5.jpg

Image Credit | Men's Vogue

She really seems to favor loads of little cocktail dreses. I think I would prefer this dress if the color were different, the cool blue is pretty but I think overall it would look nicer in a bright red or even burgundy. I love blondes in red - something about it just works.

Her smile is contagious ^_^

2008 Partners Gala

67l6ki.jpg

Image Credit | Daylife & Wireimage

January is profiled in this month's Vogue, I think she comes across very well. She's got very appealing taste, it goes into a bit more about her life and her choices. I always love any article where the focus is on buying presents so this was a treat ^_^

Christmas In January

Magazine: Vogue US December 2008

Image Credit | Scanned by Me from Vogue US Dec 08

January Jones - GQ magazine 2008 'Men of the Year' party in LA (Nov 18) - celebutopia.

January Jones @ L'Oreal Paris 2008 AFI Awards in Melbourne, Australia, December 6 -celebutopia.

January has been nominated for a Golden Globe!

16. BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTRESS IN A TELEVISION SERIES – DRAMA
a. SALLY FIELD – BROTHERS AND SISTERS
b. MARISKA HARGITAY –LAW AND ORDER: SPECIAL VICTIMS UNIT
c. JANUARY JONES – MAD MEN
d. ANNA PAQUIN – TRUE BLOOD
e. KYRA SEDGWICK – THE CLOSER

source: HFPA News

I hope this means more red-carpet photos!

She is gorgeous and she has such awesome style. This thread deserves more action imo!

I aodre her on Mad Men, and think she is a true beauty that looks million of times better on video than in photos.

^ I agree. I've just finished watching S1 on dvd. She's beautiful! I hope she wins a GG!!

I'm so glad that in just a few hours this thread went from having one page to two pages! January is beyond adorable. I can't wait to watch Mad Men this Christmas.

Thanks for the pics stateofbliss. I love that episode where she finds out Don is cheating on her and she just lounges around the house all day the next day in that party dress.

Also, I can't wait to see what she wears to the Globes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
friendlesswaltz
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->