Jil Sander for Uniqlo

i guess i only saw it in nyc and it's a really good fit for a city like ny...
so, from my vantage point...it was working pretty well...
even though it didn't sell through completely, there were certainly multiple styles that sold out here...

anyway...
i find nothing else going on at uniqlo that interests me anymore...
and i haven't in awhile now...
:ermm:...

even the suzuki takayuki collab was disappointing, with only a few good pieces...

but, yeah...
i guess they are forced to think from a more global perspective...
that makes sense...
and i guess it could start to get redundant after awhile...
i think it's a bummer though...

Last edited by a moderator:
Only realised that she supposed to oversee the whole men's / women's apparel as well. I always wonder why +J have the most section of the store.
From London Oxford Street West one, the on-season collection is on ground while it's on sale now, which still have a large amount of stock, while the previous season are hidden at the basement alongside with the sale from the casual line collection. To a stage, I found a parka from her SS10 collection for £5 (originally priced £49.99)...

but from my perspective, people tends to go in to browse their basics (UV protection / the thermal) and their tees. But collaboration always hangs on, as exposure isn't as much as how H&M do their stuff.

But I will miss her shirts + slim fit trousers and jacket.

more from the final collection - hypebeast

Attachments

• uniqlo-j-2011-fallwinter-collection-preview-01.jpg
    uniqlo-j-2011-fallwinter-collection-preview-01.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 13
  • uniqlo-j-2011-fallwinter-collection-preview-02.jpg
    uniqlo-j-2011-fallwinter-collection-preview-02.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 8
oh that's really too bad. i can certainly see melisande's point in that it probably wasn't nearly as commercial as they (and we) hoped and anticipated given their overall direction. but egads was that collection sublime! probably the most beautiful designer collab i've seen so far. i wanted everything including all the women's...that's how captivating it was to me.

oh---
they even called it 'the Final Collection'...
:(...

though i think that was a good marketing trick because it's gonna make people want the things even more!...

:lol:...

i'm already seeing several items that i hope will find a home in my closet...
thanks for the links~!
:heart:...

I still regret that I didn't stock up on +J items the last time I was in the UK. The few things I bought are so good, the quality is really nice and I wear them all the time.
I see tons of great stuff in the final collection that I want to get. I already have a coat for this winter but I'm tempted to get one of those, they're amazing.

has anyone bought any of the items from this collection? i currently dont have access to the items, so im dying to find out how the coats look on regular folks.

wish i would have gotten more pieces from the previous collections. so regretting it now.

So I've been looking for the perfect black tailored coat, and I think i may have found it!!!...
http://shop.uniqlo.com/uk/goods/069807#colorSelect

I seriously think this coat is absolutely stunning, however it's a lot of money for my budget. I know that it's a classes and the wool/cashmere mix is amazing for the price but I would love to hear how some of you have found the quality to be before I make such a big commitment!
Thanks

I have to say I tried on the clothes, sadly the cut/tailoring was very "off" for my build (skinny), not unlike Dries van Noten's. The prices are unbeatable, but I can't find something I can wear, i.e. the fit I am used to from other designers.

^i agree. i was rather disappointed with the collection so far. the fit this season is really off, especially in the sleeves of several coats and jackets that i tried.

i bought the peacoat style wool/cashmere blend online and had to return it. not sure if it's just me, but i find the sizing this season runs a little big. for last year's collection, a size s would fit me perfectly, but this year even a size xs feels a little big in some areas.
that tux style wool/cashmere coat isnt that bad, i remember it had one of the better fits.

I so wish there was any way I could get my hands on some pieces from this final collection :( It sucks so much that their online shop only ships within the UK. I desperately want some of the cardigans from the men's collection and some shirts from the women's. I hope it will still be available the next time I'm in London (in December or January :ninja:)

I so wish there was any way I could get my hands on some pieces from this final collection :( It sucks so much that their online shop only ships within the UK. I desperately want some of the cardigans from the men's collection and some shirts from the women's. I hope it will still be available the next time I'm in London (in December or January :ninja:)

they might still have some sale stuff then.
i think the new designer (undercover) will be out in february.

^I hope so! And I'm actually excited about the Undercover collection as well. Uniqlo really needs to open more stores in Europe (Not in Switzerland because I don't want everyone else here wearing their stuff, but in Germany or Italy :P).

selected pieces are coming back!

The relaunch will be composed of 42 items (27 for men and 15 for women).

great news...great idea...

thx for the info lucy
:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frikandel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->