Jimmy Choo Handbags

I still don't understand why these are cheaper? If the metallic suede ramona is the same size as my leather one why is it cheaper? Surely because it's a newer season it should be more expensive or is suede somehow cheaper? Just curious

I saw the metallic suede Ramona and bordeaux patent leather Ricki yesterday at a sample show. The metallic suede is so unfortunate...I have never used this icon before, but it was :yuk: :yuk: :yuk: . The bordeaux patent is interesting, but I would need to see it in the Ramona to evaluate carefully. It is part of the "wet look" collection for fall. It is quite bold, but nice.

I am still partial to the traditional leather Ramona. I saw the khaki green, it is nice...but...I did cancel my Saks pre-order because I noticed slight denim transfer on my lime Ramona yesterday...so...I am going to stick with the darker leathers...

I absolutely fell in love with a version of the bag below (pic from saks.com). It is amazing, the leather is so soft. My fall/winter "uniform" tends to be demin, pointed toe heeled boots, and a cashmere sweater. I think this bag will be a perfect punch. The style of this series that I tried was more east/west in shape and similar to the Ramona in size.

The other bag the SAs are excited about for fall is the next pictured below (pic from saks.com). It will be in the ads, featured in magazines, etc. I tried the sample in black (did not see the red, but did see a killer pair of shoes that is part of this series in red). The shape is quite different in real life appearance. It can be worn as a shoulder bag or carried as a tote. The hardware is very bold, interesting. It fits nicely along the torso when carried on the shoulder and is greater in depth at the bottom than at the top (slight triangular shape in profile).

Well, that is my JC report. "Best" fall bags IMHO are the Ramona/Ricki in bordeaux patent of you like a bold, slick bag (there are some great shoes in this wet look series), khaki leather if you like the color... the Rosso bag (part of Ramona line) in bordeaux leather (very pretty, would love Ramona in this non-patent leather color, unsure if it will be available), the black leather/stud bag (will also come in a brown tone... coffee/chocolate...something like that)...and the ad bag (will come in black leather/black suede and red leather/red suede combos in the US).

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for the update SoCal. I like you, like that studded bag. But other than that, none of the bags for the fall do it for me. Ah well.

BTW, Use the SHOPJUNE code if you pre-order any bags from Saks to get 10% off.

The studded bag reminds me of Kooba and the other one looks like a Mulberry. I'd like that one better if it didn't have the suede patches.

I can't figure out why the new batch of Ramonas cost less!
Is it the patent leather or..??

Anyway, the studded leather bag is interesting..as is the smaller black patent Ramona. But oh well, I promised to be a good girl for Fall :ninja:

I am also unsure of pricing...I have only seen the patent IRL in the Ricki size...could be the price is due to size (Ricki vs. Ramona) or materials...the patent "feels" very different than the leather (although it is still very flexible).

^There is a smaller version of the Ramona called the Rasia from Jimmy Choo as well.

I finally saw the black patent Ramona IRL at JC SCP.
It was definitely an attention grabber, very striking really but it's a lot of patent for me at first sight.
The patent is definitely wet and very shiny..I can definitely see a glamazon toting the black patent ramona.

^ I agree with your patent description. I saw the Rasia in bordeaux patent. It is quite bold!

Definitely!
I guess that is why they choose to release the patent in dark colours like black, bordeaux instead of say a lipstick red.

Still, I can't wait to see the bordeaux patent IRL. I am intrigued!

Is anyone else having paint flakage issues? I'm talking about the handles. I know I use my ramona as my everyday bag and I really wear my bags hard (it already has scratches on it. I know i'm bad. and a small tear on the bottom) but the handles have held up perfectly fine but now there is quite noticable flakage on the sides of the handles and it's aggravating as it makes the bag look cheap. boo.

on the plus side, because i wear it so much there is a really really lovely patina developing already on the side of the bag that is facing me as I walk.

Anyone else having this issue? When I get back into London on Sunday or Monday I will try and take a pic.

I'd like to see pics. I haven't starting using my Ramona yet. I didn't even notice there was paint on the handles.

Well this is what confuses me. The leather is all dyed but it's the sides of the handles. I can't figure how to upload photos to my computer from my mobile without using a connecting cable so I might get one of my housemates to take photos of it tonight and then I will upload. it's very aggravating.

Still no pic. Sorry guys I'm really slow. Anyway another day, another ramona issue! This time it's dye transfer which I've NEVER had an issue with before. It's literally rubbing off on my arm and my clothes which is worrisome doubly because I don't want the color of the bag to become uneven. The only thing I can think of why this would start is that maybe because it's been out in the rain, it has gradually wore away at any protectant that was on it? Thoughts?

what color is your bag? how old is it? Can you take it back to where you bought it? They should at least try to repair or replace it.

My bag is navy. I bought it at the Jimmy Choo on bond st. but I'm worried because like I said, I use my bag heavily and so it has scuffs and scratches and a small tear on the bottom of the leather so I'm worried they'll just say 'well you haven't been good to it'

Meg, I have not experienced dye transfer with my darker Ramona bags, but have had denim transfer onto my lime Ramona. I "took a chance" and rubbed lime Ramona with a baby wipe...at first I thought, "Oh, no"...the dye spots turned very, very dark...then she dried and the dye transfer almost disappeared.

I have been very happy with the quality of my Ramona bags overall...but...the denim transfer with the lime made me think twice about purchasing the khaki for fall. Chocolate Ramona stills looks "almost new"...even with heavy use.

hmmm well all my issues seem to stem from the handles. I thought my bag held up really well but it just seems like lately it's been getting scuffed quite easily. I like freak out whenever I brush past anything. The leather is so soft that you can just rub things out when they are scuffed.

Anyway I checked out the new bags up on Saks and found out that both the suede and the patent ramona are both smaller than the matte leather version. Why this is, I have no idea but they are smaller in width and depth I believe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fashionhag
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->