Joan Severance

justaguy

Staff member
Reaction score
Joan Severance was born and raised in Texas. At the age of 18 and at the sole urging of John Casablancas of ELITE models she went to Paris, France to begin a modeling career. Her success was immediate and she graced the covers of magazines , walked the cat walks for all the top designers and landed campaigns for CHANEL, VERSACE and ARMANI to name a few. Success followed her in NYC with endorsements of famous brands like CLAIROL, L’OREAL, REVLON and MAYBELINE and high profile editorials in VOGUE and BAZAAR.

At the same time, Ms. Severance studied with Chef Roger Verge from the Moulin Du Mougin in the South of France. She was the Chef/Owner of a restaurant in upstate NY of which she also designed and renovated, part owner of the GOOD FOOD catering company which catered the closing party of the Statue of Liberty when it underwent renovations in the early 80”s and taught commercial acting classes.

Ms. Severance headed to Hollywood in 1986 and within 6 months she landed her first role on a major television series for CBS called WISEGUY, starring Ken Wahl and Kevin Spacey.

Hollywood took notice and director Arthur Hiller cast her in SEE NO EVIL HEAR NO EVIL with Gene Wilder and Richard Prior and her costar from Wiseguy, Kevin Spacey. That same year she did BIRD ON A WIRE with Mel Gibson and Goldie Hawn. Since then she has starred in over 30 films with the likes of Mark Harmon, Ann Margret, Willie Nelson to mention a few.

Appearing in over 20 TV series; co-staring aside names like Robert Urich on UPN’s LOVE BOAT: THE NEXT WAVE , Tatum O’Neal on WICKED WICKED GAMES and guest appearances on many hit shows such as LA LAW, CSI:MIAMI, ONE TREE HILL. 2013 brings AMERICAN HORROR STORY in January and Showtime's "Masters of Sex" in September. Ms. Severance will also appear in the feature film Becker's Farm, shooting summer of 2013, details to come on this film.

Always active, Ms. Severance holds a Bachelors of Natural Health from CCNH, is a certified DNA Theta Healer and a Psyche-K® Facilitator and works with clients to transform limiting beliefs that hold them back from obtaining their goals both professionally and personally.

Most recently she created the phraseology game txTylz™ which is currently available at amazon.com, etsy.com and www.txtylz.com. This patent pending game has players forming anything that makes sense within a time limit. Proper spelling and grammar are not necessary and phonetic use is encouraged. The game is multi-lingual and lends to language learning. This quick fast past game enhances creative, critical & logical thinking. txTylz™ is 100% hand crafted and made in the USA from biodegradable sustainable natural sources. A portion of sales from the game goes to help assist those with Vitiligo, a condition of hypopigmentation. Ms. Severance is passionate about lending support and information on Non-USA based treatments for Vitiligo as well as financial assistance to qualifying applicants for these treatments and /or assistance in obtaining the proper cover make-up.
www.joanseverance.com

US Vogue November 1982

Something New Is Happening At Home
Photo Marco Giaviano Models Leslie Winer, Terry Farrell, Nancy Donahue & Joan Severance Hair John Sahag Makeup Richard Adams

My scans

Bill Blass for Martha

US Vogue October 1980
Photo Gordon Munro
Model Joan Severance
Hair Stephen Knoll

My scan

US Vogue September 1980

Night After Night - A Short Dress!
Photo Arthur Elgort
Models Terri May, Joan Severance & Eric Milon
Hair Christiaan & Edward Tricomi
Makeup Mark Nahmias & Sophie Levy

My scans

US Vogue December 1982

Azzedine Alaïa...Newest French Sizzle
Photo Arthur Elgort
Model Joan Severance
Hair Julien d'Ys
Makeup Linda Mason

My scans

US Vogue September 1982

Black... with a Soft Touch
Photo Bert Stern
Models Joan Severance & Anette Stai
Hair John Sahag
Makeup Alberto Fava

My scans

US Vogue September 1983

The Best of American Style at Geoffrey Beene
Photo Arthur Elgort
Model Joan Severance
Hair Christiaan
Makeup Lydia Snyder

My scans

US Vogue September 1983

The Best of American Style/A Totally Modern Sense of Dressing...
Photo Arthur Elgort
Model Joan Severance
Hair Christiaan
Makeup Lydia Snyder

My scans

US Vogue January 1983

Go For the Best! - the Looks To Watch for '83 Pt.1
Photo Arthur Elgort
Models Jacki Adams, Anette Stai, Bonnie Berman, Andie MacDowell, Iman & Joan Severance
Hair Garren
Makeup Alberto Fava

Go For the Best! - the Looks To Watch for '83 Pt.2

My scans

US Vogue October 1982

A World Apart Pt.1
Photo Denis Piel
Models Nancy Donahue & Joan Severance
Hair Julien
Makeup Alberto Fava

US Vogue September 1981

Casual...a New Slant
Photo Marco Glaviano
Models Kim Charlton, Joan Severance & Annette Karlson
Hair John Sahag
Makeup Richard Adams

My scans

US Vogue September 1981

Something New Is Happening To Suits
Photo Andrea Blanch
Models Rosemary McGrotha, Joan Severance, Andie MacDowell, Terri May, Donna Stia, Vanessa Angel & Brigitte Gauthier
Hair Howard Fugler
Makeup Joey Mills

My scans

Calvin Klein Fall/Winter 1981-82

US Vogue September 1981
Photo Irving Penn
Models Lauren Helm, Patti Hansen, Kim Alexis & Joan Severance

My scans

US Vogue October 1981

It All Starts With a Great Coat...
Photo Arthur Elgort
Models Iman, Jerry Hall, Joan Severance, Anette Stai & Kelly LeBrock