Petrina Khashoggi

Reaction score
A long-limbed 16-year-old beauty sits at a café on the King's Road in London, sharing lunch with her mother. A woman walks over, interrupts them—incidentally, in the midst of an argument about the girl's future—and asks the teenager if she's interested in becoming a model. Within a week she has signed on with Models 1, UK home to the cross-generational likes of Karen Elson, Amber Valletta and Twiggy, and will be known professionally as Petrina K. The plot twist? Unknown at the time to scout Fiona Ellis (who also discovered Alek Wek, Erin O'Connor, Elson and Jade Parfitt), the young Ms. K. had already experienced a thing or two about the workings of celebrity and the razzle-dazzle limelight; the "K" stands for Khashoggi.

"Depending on which agency I'm with and which country, it's usually up to the booker whether they want to use my last name or not," says Khashoggi, now 25, daughter of Saudi arms dealer and tycoon Adnan Khashoggi. "I get a lot of jobs just for being Petrina, the unknown model. But my last name kind of conjures up images of excess wealth and glamour, and there's an appeal. I get a lot of jobs also for who I am."

Does anyone have other pics with her? She seems beautiful, she's quite old though...and she's the daughter of a tycoon, so she isn't exactly a 'model':innocent:

Attachments

• petrina.jpg
    petrina.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 10
Heh, accidentally came across this thread. Sounds like one of those cliche stories of rich girls who accidentally become models, but then the world finds out that daddy obviously had something to do with it. Can't really tell by the picture, sounds interesting, though.

she actually was a model. unlike most heiress models she actually went on castings. Khashoggi wasn't her father in fact her mother Soraya divorced him seven years before she was even born. When she was 18, she found out that Johnathan Aitken was her biological dad.

She was born in Los Angeles but grew up in London. She was scouted by Models 1 on Kings Road by Ellis (the same woman who discovered Erin O'Connor). She turned them down because she was intimidated by the agency. A few months later she was scouted by Premier and wound up signing with Premier. However, it wasn't a good fit and had bad experiences with them. She then signed with Storm and IMG but eventually wound up signing with Models 1 where she spent the remainder of her career. She modeled in New York, Milan, Paris, Barcelona, Madrid, Berlin, and Frankfurt.

Her first job was Avon. Her major clients included Talter, Marie Claire, iD, Instyle, Glamour, Elle, GQ, Firetap, L'oreal, Baybliss, and Marks & Spencer. She's worked with Rankin (she was in Above & Below) and David Bailey.

She is now a television presenter and writer.

001.JPG
002.JPG
003.JPG

models 1

Oasis "Odile" Lingerie Launch
Models: India Standing, Anya Lahiri, Petrina Khashoggi and Tamzin Proctor

bellazon

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member