Karl Lagerfeld disses Heidi Klum

Nemezide

Reaction score
In February, Karl Lagerfeld mentioned that Heidi "is no runway model. Heidi Klum is simply too heavy and has too big a bust. And she always grins so stupidly. That is not avant-garde - that is commercial."

"I don't know her," says the catty designer. "Claudia Schiffer doesn't know her. She was never in Paris, we don't know her."

about Seal:
"I am no dermatologist but I wouldn't want his skin. Mine looks better than his. He is covered in craters."
Perez

Awww that's mean if he really did say that about Seal. He cant help the way his face looks.

That's a little to harsh :huh:

I usually love Karl's crude sense of humor....

But I think that is too far. I wonder what she did to piss him off!

'that's not avant garde, that's commercial' ... he's so funny :lol: i don't know why he reacted this way though but I love his intelligent quotes.

That is just plain horrible. A supermodel can't be likeable now? Not only that, but insulting the lovely Seal. What is his problem? It's not like people are exactly envious of his orange skin.

Lagerfeld, you may be a good designer, but these quotes (if they are true) just lowered my opinion of you as a person.

Actually the first quote is from a German designer Joop not Karl, don't know about other quotes, but either way that is just mean, petty and immature, specially for someone his age!

HEIDI KLUM has been on the receiving end of another bitter attack from designer KARL LAGERFELD.
In February German-born Karl was blasted after saying Heidi was 'too heavy' to be a catwalk model.

Now he's claimed no-one in the fashion industry knows who she is.

The French-based fashionista said: "I don't know her. CLAUDIA SCHIFFER doesn't know her.

"She was never in Paris, we don't know her."

He also had it in for the pregnant beauty's husband SEAL - taking an an evil swipe at the singer's skin condition.

Karl added: "I am no dermatologist but I wouldn't want his skin.

"Mine looks better than his. He is covered in craters."

Harsh words and completely unnecessary.
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...6722/Karl-Lagerfelds-swipe-at-Heidi-Klum.html

This was the article perez got from the Sun. I'm not sure about if it's true what perez added to his article.

I love how bitchy he is...hanging out with him must be fun. He probably really tears some beyotches up!

^ And Seal doesn't want your neck, Karl ...

Seal's skin markings are a side effect of his lupus. Trust Karl to be making fun of someone with a serious disease. Very bad karma, Karl ...

Oh and PS, men who like women seem to like the way Heidi looks.

Hmm, not his best b*tch-work. If he really did say this then it's honestly beneath his usual biting wit, which makes it far less funny than usual.

^I agree but I don't think any of it is funny at it, especially the part about Seal.
My opinion of Karl is definitely lowered.
Why is he even saying these things anyways?

Wait, Seal's skin is like that from Lupus? But what about that story about him being burned or something for religious reasons?!

^ No, it was just a rumor: "Although there have long been rumours as to the cause of the scars on his face, they are not the result of a tribal scarification rite. Seal’s appearance is the classic example of the condition discoid lupus erythematosus (DLE). Seal has revealed in interviews that he was afflicted with this syndrome as a teen, a condition where the immune cells attack various body tissues; DLE usually affects young people. Intense inflammation develops in the skin, particularly in sun-exposed areas, and if not treated aggressively with sun protection and anti-inflammatory medicines, scarring can result. Not only did it cause the cheek scars, but he had significant scalp involvement, causing hair loss. The singer's condition has been in remission for years." source: wikipedia

^ I think Seal's face is very sexy and rugged looking ... and I will say this for Seal, he has never hidden behind a fan :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loquillinben
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->