Kenneth Jay Lane

tulip

Reaction score
I fell in love with this bracelet I found on net-a-porter.com, and want to get it;
I never heard of him before, is it a good brand? and does anyone know where else I can find his collections, since net-a-porter only sells the bangle, and I'd like to compliment it with a ring or ear rings

thanks ^_^

Attachments

• 10652_index.jpg
    10652_index.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 11
ok...so I didn't want to wait and went ahead and made my order :smile:
But if anyone knows where I can complete it as a set please let me know..I emailed net-a-porter to ask them too

I shouldn't be telling you this but I've purchased a lot of his vintage pieces on ebay for very little $. I've also seen some at Loehmann's recently. This bracelet reminds me of his older stuff. I'd look on ebay for vintage before spending whatever they're asking on net-a-porter.

I feel kind of bad for knowing this but they sell his stuff on QVC. Here's the matching ring, $59.50.

j68397.001

They also have these brooches for $69.75 each.

j68308.001

aww I should've waited, don't feel bad :smile: Thank u so much the ring is great, and the value, whoa!! Thanks again, Karma for u both :smile:

Thanks JessRuthie

Did any of u guys ever see his stuff before? I've never heard of his designs before today (not from the US).. but it's growing on me
I hope their as nice in real as they are on pics

blaec.com has some of his stuff, including the bracelet for $7 cheaper I think ^_^

:woot:
Wow Stylephox! Lovely website!!!

Attachments

• kjl-snake-starfish-bangle.jpg
    kjl-snake-starfish-bangle.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 5
Just cause it's on QVC doesn't make it bad....

I dunno..

I've seen his stuff at Loehmann's and Off Fifth for cheaper, but I haven't seen that bracelet in particular.

I do think his jewellery designs are pretty trendy, judging from the selections that blaec carries.
I don't really like the jewel-encrusted bracelets that he does, but that's really a personal preference.

And being on QVC doesn't mean his stuff's bad either..isn't better to get a better selection at more attractive prices? :smile:

I was about to say that he sells his stuff on QVC...Along side Joan Rivers...

This site has some really cool KJL pieces and they are better priced then at Intermix or Net-a-porter. I also found a discount code that is good until the end of the month for 20% off code. the code is friends20. I am totally obsessed with KJL- so timeless and fun! I especially love the strawberry and tusk necklaces and the branch cuffs. I bought a great eel clutch bag on this site before that I love.

http://www.maxandchloe.com/details/brandid/20

I saw one of his bracelets featured in Lucky this month. It was really gorgeous. It kind of reminds me of gaudy versace jewelry of something, but I think it is a good contrast with modern clothing.

kenneth jay lane designed jewelry in the 70's...
he was very very popular aroung the time of studio 54...halston...etc...

he disappeared for a long time and then made a comeback in recent years...
his stuff is usually very 'over the top'...
big, chunky, shiny...
a bit retro...slightly gaudy and maybe a little 'grandma-ish'...
**if you have a nice jewish grandma who lives in boca raton...:wink:

it is very sturdy stuff and i believe there are actually TONS of original pieces from his 'hey day' floating around in thrift stores around the US...

he is an american...so this is where you will find it for the most part...
he's rather 'kitsch'...

:flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
I have some Kenneth Jay Lane pieces and I :heart: them. I only have necklaces and they are different and chunky. I only have his vintage stuff, but I do like the bracelets he's making now. :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
screenstarmakeup
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->