Kenzo F/W 13.14 : Sean O'Pry & Rinko Kikuchi by Pierpaolo Ferrari

Luxx

oh me, oh my
Reaction score
fnze2t.jpg

Kenzo Ads That Make You Look Twice by Eric Wilson

THERE’S SOMETHING FUNNY about those Kenzo advertisements.

First came some striking images created by the photographer Jean-Paul Goude for Kenzo’s “X Campaign,” in which two models, one upright and the other upside down, both with their legs spread wide apart, were intertwined to form an X. Never mind that the position was physically unattainable. It looked cool.

Things are stranger still in a fall campaign that the Kenzo designers Carol Lim and Humberto Leon are introducing Thursday in collaboration with Toilet Paper, the cheeky arts publication created by Maurizio Cattelan and the photographer Pierpaolo Ferrari. Mr. Cattelan and Mr. Ferrari have been creating some wild visual projects, like a billboard that appeared next to the High Line showing disembodied fingers, and sweatshirts sold at Colette featuring a frog in a hamburger bun.

The Kenzo ads should also make you look twice. In one image, the actress Rinko Kikuchi and the model Sean O’Pry are pinned to a specimen board with a variety of insects. In another, a kitten peeks out of a polished dress shoe.

“We wanted weird and cool,” said Mr. Leon, who, with Ms. Lim, has brought a street-smart, culture-sponging edge to Kenzo over the last two years. “A lot of people discover a brand by flipping through a magazine, so I want to give Kenzo a voice that is different from everything else.”

This may explain why, in place of one model’s left foot, we see her hand.

Image & Article Credits | NY TImes Style

OMG Rinko! :woot: Love her.

Cast aside this looks intriguing. Very cute & creative.

Oh yes, this is quirky and fun and looks awesome! Rinko looks adorable here. I can't wait to see the full campaign!

Glad that upside down, legs spread apart idea has been scrapped.
Love this, I'm sure this will look very cool in print. :heart:

Omg so much fun, better than Goudes work

This is so cool. It's actually been quite a while since I've Pierpaolo has capitalized on the initial potential he showed in his W/Linda editorial, but I see it again here. Perhaps working with Cattelan and Freedman really opened his creative process up.

This is rather coy, but is on the right side of child-like and dreamy. Rinko and Sean make an unlikely but solid pairing.

Such a cute campaign. Can never go wrong when Sean's involved.

^ Truer word's have never been spoken. :wink:

I love this campaign, its so cute and quirky. Its a welcome change to the previous campaigns.

I think this has to be one of my favorite campaigns of the season, so playful but my eyes are still drawn to the clothes, I also love the choice of the coat on Rinko! This is so creative and much better than that mime Goude-work two years in a row..

creative, interesting, fun. this is such a beautiful campaign.

Such a fun and eye-catching campaign. Great idea.

The most creative idea of the season
love the cast also

The idea was brilliant, it looks creative.

Fun idea! I'm glad they moved on from the upside down concept. And Rinko!:woot::heart:

i love this, and i don't like the collection. sign of a good campaign image.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lovetolove
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->