LA Eastside (Echo Park, Silverlake) Street Style

that first pic isn't actually a girl. He's a 19 year old boy from Echo Pk. :P

Most of these were taken from local music venues- sort of folk/psychedelic music nights so people were dressing for fun. In their work modes most of them pull off more understated looks. I just took these to document the BAT for Lashes show and the ALessi folk music night. (both cool U.K. women singers)
xo

Well I'm a big fan of the looks, and this thread, so I was really happy to see it back up after a long vacation :smile: Thanks for the photos daisies! This thread is actually one of the elements which in recent years has made me want to visit LA. I still haven't been, and never really cared to go in the past, but after coming across this thread I really really want to go, at least to these neighbourhoods! I don't dress like that personally in my daily life, but I think the way these people dress is very creative, colourful and ... full of life. So to each his/her own I guess.

yay thanks for posting daisies!! have a question, what's a good bar you would recommend in EP/silverlake area?

I haven't been on in a while :flower: hello everyone!!!
Thanks Daisies for the lovely photo ops- even the starstruck one of me with Natasha Khan (aka Bat for Lashes) :P I just was so exhilarated from the music and talking to her :wub:
Daisies is right...lots of these people she is showing are serious musicians, artists, head designers of fashion labels, and regular work-a-day folk and whne they step out for a fun rock show or an event with a theme, they do dress for it. I think that is what is pretty neat about this area, matter-of-fact :wink:
ps- Nat Attak, there are plenty of bars/clubs here- for live shows and dj-dance nights- The Echo, dance nights- Short Stop, bar w/ dj & jukebox- Gold Room, Little Joy's, Cha Cha, wine bar with food and French vibe- Cafe Stella, kitzchy- Red Lion german pub, other fun places downtown and in Eagle Rock/Highland Park- The Airliner, Footsie's, Little Cave, Seven Grand, Bar 107, Edison (just gorgeous!).
To name a few...:lol:

Browneyes, You should definitely try to visit L.A. Echo Park if you ever come to town. We can show you around etc...

Orchide named a lot of the good places to hang out at night time, I am sort of a homebody artist, but when I wander down the block I usually hit up the ECHO or Echoplex to see bands or dance on Sundays at the PART-time Punks. Also the Short Stop and Little Joy sometimes offer a good time. There are a lot of cool "happy hour" deals at the local Mexican spots too. I like the Dive bar the Gold Room- and The REd LION is cute - cause all the bar girls wear dirndle dresses (those german busty things!) Lately it seems that a bunch of cool places have opened downtown- like 7 Grande and La Cita etc...Bordello. I still adore the Hotel Figueroa- super cute Morroccan spot for good LAdies Nights in tents. I like that this whole area is mostly artists, musicians, & designers. I don't really get the "hipster" vibe which a lot of critics to the area describe- I know it exists here, but most of my friends are down to earth and creative. I suppose every area seems pretentious and intentional to outsiders. Not a huge amount of money flowing through the fingers of these kids- ha ha. So I think the hodge podge dressing is people just putting it all together and trying to have a good time. I love taking pictures of people who layer all kinds of things- So most of my pics are documenting that element.
:D

Glad to see this thread has some newish posts :D

Love it! These people look like they're having fun and they're comfortable with themselves; that's the most important thing :flower:

Thought I would put up some photos...:smile:
I have a lot to catch up on so am starting with various ones I took back in May.
from a friend's boutique party in Silverlake, EP local cafe and then at a Jovovich-Hawk fashion show party.
2u4sv80.jpg

2h5pmxe.jpg

2j1sy2u.jpg

28s25q9.jpg

35mhcg9.jpg

2qcjc01.jpg

35cpxmg.jpg

282nd4l.jpg

f39elh.jpg

efrnlh.jpg

1zgc6u1.jpg

(all by orchide)

The first few are some candids I snapped on set right here in EP for a wacky Mountain Dew harajuku-clubby themed commercial... :lol: then some ones in the neighborhood...
qx0uc2.jpg

2mpheza.jpg

e0385v.jpg

amysu8.jpg

x1na5s.jpg

2d00s9k.jpg

24cif4w.jpg

10865cn.jpg

b9iykm.jpg

2mhzn10.jpg

(Orchide)

Just for you Kate Bosworth fans :glare: here she is in semi-profile at the Bat for Lashes Spaceland show :P
2iu9jpl.jpg

at some fun birthday parties late August and early September...
oaxhcm.jpg

fy0qhk.jpg

5f0si8.jpg

2hqc66r.jpg

2vhsrcy.jpg

2k4vps.jpg

4zvspv.jpg

30j5k68.jpg

(Orchide)

more party stuff plus this past week in Silverlake
288t4ll.jpg

dcqzur.jpg

nwj31f.jpg

vpjadk.jpg

2h6x98p.jpg

2ed3ymc.jpg

334qamg.jpg

9iwobc.jpg

23k3kb4.jpg

and the most stylish miss of them all, :wub: my friend's little 6 week old baby, a vision in violet!
2ezn5o5.jpg

you're back, Orchide! :buzz: yay!

You look great! Thanks for posting new pics ^_^

I just discovered this thread and I am in love! Anybody have any new photos?

i love checking this thread - it's so different from where I live, and because of that there's a lot of looks that just couldn't be emulated in somewhere less gloriously sunny :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->