La Perla F/W 2016.17 : Valery Kaufman, Sasha Luss & Liu Wen by Mert & Marcus

justaguy

Staff member
Reaction score
PHOTOGRAPHER: MERT ALAS & MARCUS PIGGOTT
MODEL: VALERY KAUFMAN

IN HQ. WITH AND WITHOUT TEXT.

VISUALIZING.FASHION

Finally something new. Too bad Valery is quite boring.

The second shot is stunning though and visually very appealing.

Valery was a poor choice, especially for lingere...

Are we 100% certain this is Fall? Looks far too Resort/Cruise if you ask me.. :unsure:

As much as I was a fan of seeing those studio portraits with a grey background from Mert & Marcus, I do admire La Perla for switching things up this time around. But this just doesn't do it for me. This is a perfect example of how a model can either make or break an image and Vaery's presence just isn't compelling enough here.

*Edit*

This campaign must have something to do with their Fall collection. La Perla's website features a set of lookbook images with Valery wearing some pieces seen above, from the "Preview Woman F/W 2016-17" collection. Pre-Fall campaign maybe?

Last edited by a moderator:
It indeed looks like some Pre Fall/Resort/Cruise shoot instead of the real F/W 2016.17 campaign

It looks too boring to be the real F/W 2016.17 campaign + the model is not really that type of girl that gets the main campaign to be honest

I expect Mert & Marcus fav models to score the main campaign.. as usual

A change!! Thank God. I'm obsessed with the second shot. Perfectly captured. Valery probably have an ounce of Natasha or Naomi's sex appeal, but she did ok here. Not amazing, just ok.

I actually sorta like this, which is probably due to La Perla tapping Pedro Lourenço as creative director. His definitly going to shake things up a bit, he'll likely lean more towards contemporary and lifestyle lingerie than the straight forward approach. So I'm not quite sure if the routine cast of models from past campaigns will work to fit the revamp.

If you go to Valery's thread, you will see that she shot the F/W 2016.17 Lookbook for the collection at the same time as the show took place in Milan. The second shot was one of the pics posted but it had a white background, so it's definitely not shot by M&M.
However, I saw this ad in a lot of magazines so I think it's legit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys! It's the Ad Campaign for Fall/Winter 2016 and it is indeed shot by Mert & Marcus, Valery herself confirmed that to me. The full ad will be out on May 27.

it seems Liu Wen's the only old cast being used again, her ad must helped a lot to sell the products
8208a6dbgw1f4595ewjy1j21131jkn69.jpg

8208a6dbgw1f4595oq3b0j213u1jktgv.jpg

weibo/la perla

Liu's image doesn't look like it belongs with the other two. Like what she's wearing though, but don't understand the idea behind it. It's a set of bra cups mounted on top of mesh? Doesn't look very practical.

Those two are probably from the lookbook but Liu should have a campaign image as well. Bored of her for La Perla.

La Perla's website has full campaign uploaded and all the images included in this thread, are indeed official campaign images.

Still looks too spring-like and lookbook-y for an official Fall campaign if you ask me.. :doh:

I have the feeling they could have made more out of it, especially with Sasha and Liu.

On the website , it looks like that Josephine le tutour is also part of the cast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Riska21
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->