LES HOMMES launch their first collection for women

boxma

Reaction score
LES HOMMES - femme
Spring-Summer 06 – Women’s Collection

by Bert Eelen
2/08/2005

LES HOMMES is proud to announce the launch of the first LES HOMMES collection for ladies. The collection is presented at The Lab in Milan from September 15th.
LES HOMMES has been invited by the MARIO BOSELLI company to draw a small high-end Womens’collection in co-branding with Mario Boselli Jersey. This collection will be called AREA BOSELLI by LES HOMMES. This co-branding collection will be launched during fashion week Milano-Donna in the BANNER shop in Milan.
At the same time LES HOMMES felt that this was the ideal opportunity to launch their own ladies collection. This line is in full autonomy and will carry the LES HOMMES label.
The inspiration of this first collection is found in the mystic ways of the Himba People. The women of this African tribe are high priests who strongly believe that all evil in this world is a curse. This curse was put on them by there ancestors in order to make them suffer before they can join them in the after world. They believe the curse was carried out by a black bird. LES HOMMES wants to visualise these black mystic silhouettes in a very constructed and feminine way. The silhouette is black, sexy and feminine.
Research into the traditional African wear led to experiments with “plissé”, “draping” and “wrapping”. These experiments led to a very sophisticated feminine look for dresses, tops and skirts. The result symbolises the “Black Bird”.
Ladies suits were created from a “tailored” principle. An additional inspiration was found in the British suits and shirts. They were transformed into creative and feminine silhouettes with a powerful proud ness. Corsets were integrated in the classic shirts and jackets were altered into very strong and feminine creations. Colours for the ladies suits are black and shiny pin stripe in silk.
This small first collection is a powerful statement of how LES HOMMES see the women silhouette in the future. It is a first step in the development of women’s wear by LES HOMMES. It is also a next development of the Belgian Womens’ fashion. Being an Antwerp based label we want to contribute to the glorious history of Antwerp fashion.
For appointments please contact:

The Lab: T+39 02 541 079 17 F+39 02 540 901 63 E [email protected]
Les Hommes: T+32 3 227 34 70 F+32 233 86 18 E [email protected]
Japan: Taikyo Sangyo : T+81 3 5772 9090 F +81 3 5772 9101 E [email protected]

http://www.belgianfashion.com/news.asp

thx boxma
should be interesting to see...

great news, and a good move from the house of Mario Boselli
thanks for bringing this in boxma, welcome to tFS

This definitely sounds really exciting. Can't wait to see this, really hoping the stuff will be as topnotch and sharp as the men's line.:D

it's funny that the label is still called "les hommes" :smile:

I was also thinking that too faust! Look forward to having a peak at that anyhows.

^^ Haha, good point. I wonder why they didn't do the obvious and just call it "Les Femmes."

droogist said:
^^ Haha, good point. I wonder why they didn't do the obvious and just call it "Les Femmes."

you would have thought...lol

They may as well leave it as Les Hommes, we already have Comme des Garcons.

judging by their talents in their menswear collections, I have a good feeling about this one

Yea! Good for Tom and Bart!

I guess a name change would have meant losing a bit of its distinction,non? Plus,their aesthetic might remain a bit 'masculin'. In that sense of their amazing tailoring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velaryon
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->