Linda Evangelista Photographed by Steven Meisel

MDNA

Reaction score

amazon.com

A stunning tribute to one of fashion’s most iconic and enduring collaborations

Evident from their first photoshoot in 1987, legendary photographer Steven Meisel’s images of Linda Evangelista, one of the original 'supermodels' of the 1980s, are the result of a remarkable creative symbiosis between photographer and muse. Featuring more than 180 images shot over the course of twenty-five years, this long-awaited book chronicles Meisel’s constantly evolving vision of Evangelista, pictured in a vast range of imaginative narrative contexts. Art directed by Jason Duzansky, the book includes an introduction by fashion editor William Norwich, which tells the story of their friendship and situates it in the wider context of the fashion industry. With gorgeous reproductions and packaged in a luxurious cloth case, this extraordinary title is Meisel’s first retrospective monograph. It celebrates a collaboration that has produced some of fashion history’s most memorable images.
phaidon.com

As I already said, this really is something the (fashion) world desperately needed! It's a delight to finally see Meisel in his retrospective years, celebrating all the great work he's done. First the exhibition and now his very first book!! What a time to be alive. I truly hope there's more to come, god knows he's got enough material to fill a dozen books!

This is a must-have for sure! I never pre-order anything, especially not five months ahead, but this was a must. September can't come soon enough!

And I am absolutely obsessed with those early portraits with long haired Linda, which might have been the beginning of it all. A different take of those images made it to a miscellaneous Canadian magazine cover in the 80s, but I've never seen these two before. Can't wait to experience them in person. It's the stuff worth framing!

Already pre-ordered.
Linda by Meisel is great because we actually have to see the visual representation of a 36 years relationship. It’s so much about the evolution of Linda’s appearance than the evolution of Meisel photography in a way…

I really wish we will have an extensive Meisel encyclopedia next. A book of his campaigns alone would be like 300 pages.

Incredible it took this long to happen. Pre-ordered a signed copy as well. Waiting til Sept is the challenge..

After Kate, Naomi and Gisele's respective books, one dedicated entirely to Linda was expected. This is great great news indeed. Should be one with Kristen as well!.

I just pre-ordered, and it seems the limited signed copies already sold out in the UK, you might still be able to snatch one in the US before it's gone. :mrgreen:

This book looks promsing & is great to see a compilation of their work, everybody knows than Linda she's the biggest Meisel's muse.

Plot twist: the books are pre-signed and an Linda’s arm reaches from around a screen to hand you one

Plot twist: the books are pre-signed and an Linda’s arm reaches from around a screen to hand you one

Maybe she'll borrow Margaret Atwood's robotic signature machine.

margaret-atwood-uses-her-longpen-invention-for-signing-books-remotely-for-readers-at-the-book.jpg

getty

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ebbbbty
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->