Chanel Cruise 2025 Marseille

How did they think any of this was ok? HOW?! The Frankenstenian horrors with the hoods should be enough to have Virgine unemployable at Shein. Honestly one of the most diabolical misuse of fabrics I’ve ever seen.

I see a lot of chatter of how well Chanel is doing and they are but I rarely see her RTW monstrosities in the stores, their usual bread and butters drives the business.

How did they think any of this was ok? HOW?! The Frankenstenian horrors with the hoods should be enough to have Virgine unemployable at Shein. Honestly one of the most diabolical misuse of fabrics I’ve ever seen.

I see a lot of chatter of how well Chanel is doing and they are but I rarely see her RTW monstrosities in the stores, their usual bread and butters drives the business.
Exactly, the offering in stores is either very tacky or very classic in a way. So it’s not covetable enough asides from the logo pieces.
I don’t remember the last time Chanel had a strong showpiece! If I had to mention one, it would be the red long cardigan from Virginie’s first collection.

When I go to a Chanel store, I look at the clothes, it’s sometimes very beautiful but is it covetable enough for me to spend that amount? No! So I end up buying beauty products.
The worst thing is probably the shoes! I don’t know what happened to Laurence Dacade but it’s atrocious. Except for the slingbacks, some boots in winter, most of the shoes are ugly!

^^^ I feel your pain, babe!

It’s been over a decade since the nonstop violation of Helmut Lang, with each exhuming of the dead corpse, even more offensive than the previous one. When I see rejected sweatshirts/pants with “HELMUT LANG” printed like "NIKE” on them at Marshall’s, my heart still sinks a little. You never really get over it even if you’ve let go a long long long time ago LOL …weeps...

Does an EpiPen exist for this persistent allergy to proportion, lightness, subtlety, and the overall beautifying of a woman? Please send one to Rue Cambon IMMEDIATELY. The Marseillaise winds blew taste level away, me thinks. Dreadful.

I feel like I am posting too many times, but I literally can't understand how someone could come up with something like this. I can't. It goes beyond my understanding.

It is wrong in every level. In literally every level. Starting from the location. The building can be interesting, but the pictures look terrible with that background and with those clothes IN that background.

- The make up and the hair look terrible as well. Do you remember the beautiful make-ups by the make-up artist (I always forget his name) that worked for Chanel around 2004-2006?

- The shoes. They are all sorts of ugly. Like something from the dollar store. But they don't even look ironical or cool, just cheap and ugly.

- The prints... Oh, god, who is in charge of the prints department. How can you say yes to the fish print? It's ridiculous... Doesn't even feel lolita or childish in a cute way.

- The proportions... It's like Virginie tries to make women look bad. How can we make the models look short and disproportionate? Virginie for sure has the best answers... Not even trying! Don't they do fittings!!??

- The colors... The green, the yellow... OMG, how terrible. So out of touch.

- The ugly details trying to be young, like the neoprene hoodies, the kangaroo pockets with the pool-mosaic-effects...

- The logos...

- The fugly designed clothes... Every garment looks like it comes from my worst nightmare. Not a single spark of nice design anywhere. It's all so heavy-handed, so poor, so bad constructed, so cheap...

I guess she was a very good right hand, but she can't F******* be a creative director. She literally can't. She has no vision whatsoever. And doesn't she have people around to tell her all this?

I've seen the comments in WWD and everybody agrees. It's not a matter of taste.
“Do you remember the beautiful make-ups by the make-up artist (I always forget his name) that worked for Chanel around 2004-2006?”

Topolino? (Who happens to be from Marseille…)

that proto brutalist corbusier building, the dull unanimated presentation, hell even the gray overcast weather…it’s all reminiscent of the aesthetics of this drama I’ve watched recently with 3 teenagers dying at age 20 or something as involuntary organ donors lol really giving me that sunny sensual Marseilles *~vacay vibes~~*

A lot of comments here about sales improving under Virgine. That is true but it has been true for almost every luxury brand. That growth can't be attributed to her. The conglomerates have steadily expanded into Asia and the Middle East which explains the additional revenue. What nobody is talking about though, is the opportunity cost of having Virgine as the creative director. How much more would they have made with a brand vision that attracted a new and discerning clientele beyond the lure of their accessories division which relies on legacy goodwill. A lot more I think.

Exactly, the offering in stores is either very tacky or very classic in a way. So it’s not covetable enough asides from the logo pieces.
I don’t remember the last time Chanel had a strong showpiece! If I had to mention one, it would be the red long cardigan from Virginie’s first collection.

When I go to a Chanel store, I look at the clothes, it’s sometimes very beautiful but is it covetable enough for me to spend that amount? No! So I end up buying beauty products.
The worst thing is probably the shoes! I don’t know what happened to Laurence Dacade but it’s atrocious. Except for the slingbacks, some boots in winter, most of the shoes are ugly!
I second your sentiment! No memorable statement show piece from Viard. All of her collections are bending together... I have a contact of Chanel sales associate and from what she posts of available stocks (usually they post things which are not that easy to sell, hot items will never be on the list), runway RTW pieces are the most difficult ones to sell. But recent a few pre collections are doing very well compared to the runway collections: some strong accessories and acceptable RTW. I'm curious how much Viard is involved in pre collections designs nowadays?

Marion was just thinking about paying bills. That outfit is childish to me. Looks fake with the zig zag “chanel” motif.

Chanel shoes are definitely more orthopedic than normal.

Chanel has earned the right to sell based off the name. Karl led one of the finest ateliers ever for decades. Chanel - more than anyone - can tell you what to wear. Only Celine has that same level right now.

Last edited:
Well I can't say she has no talent because it does require a special skill being Karl's right hand for 30 years yet still come up with something this tragic.

That makes sense bc someone said revenues have doubled. How ? Unless they altered their costs dramatically.
You can see more on chanel.com ithe financial-results from 2017 to 2022 it's not a secret guys & girls they do well also after Karl
https://www.chanel.com/ca-en/financial-results/
Chanel reports its financial performance once a year, generally around late May.

Chanel reporting revenue of almost total $11 billion for fiscal year 2018 with Karl´s final year to now doing: $17.2 billion total for fiscal year 2022

2022 - Chanel reports Revenue of $17.2 billion. an increase of 17%
2021- Chanel results revenues of US$15.6 billion, an increase of 49.6% over 2020 and 22.9% over pre-pandemic 2019.
2020- Chanel results revenue of $10.1 billion, an 18% decline compared to 2019. ( pandemic )

2023 In that year, Chanel was the third most valuable luxury brand worldwide with a brand value of about 56 billion U.S. dollars.

Cost measures can only take you so far but they growed also in employees etc and they are cash rich as well as a company the business is healthy period !!
Doomsday predictions on Chanel because people online don't like her clothes is comical at this point and has not correlation to the facts of the growing business of Chanel.

Not long ago people were complaining season after season KL needs to retire , KL did many frumpy and odd cuts as well, V is doing the same a bit more ease and reality in her version of Chanel including less dramatic stage sets.

Seeing the video i like the first half and some of the black end looks, broken down allot will resonate with rtw clients that have lives to live and just happen to wear Chanel doing it.

I understand why this succeeds and sells. It goes beyond commercial to the realm of complete inoffensive facelessness that the most mindless of customers will happily drop the money all to have the two Cs either in their hands, on their ears, hanging from their shoulder or wherever they want it.

Virginie also isn't an exciting designer. She's just kind of there to keep the cogs rolling, even if I do think she's devoid of fun and actual lightness.

What baffles me is the fact that so many people are happy to look this bad, or support something this bland and extremely ugly. It really is a new low, and it shows that those that can afford it really are just buying for the sake of buying. Chanel, in many ways, will always be doing "well", but Geez Louise it's all just so abysmally depressing.

Imagine being from France, part of one of the fashion capitals, being aware that you are at the forefront of fashion just from name value alone and THIS is what represents you...

And I don't even need to watch the stream of this show to know that these models are walking horribly because of those atrocious shoes.

^^^ I wonder how much of that profit is based purely from price increases. The prices of the bags have basically doubled, and even tripled in the post-Karl period, which could artificially inflate those figures too. Ditto the RTW.

We always talk about profit in terms of $$ but it would interesting to see the break down of actual units sold and categories sold.

These financial reports are often nothing more than good PR for these brands looking to get more investors, lets be real...

It's crazy (actually not) the amount of negativity this collection has gathered from social media. Not many times people are so united and so loud about a show. I wonder if this has any impact on the HQs at Chanel. I guess a little bit for sure. I've been at brands that celebrate the hype from press and social media with a Teams meeting, so maybe they don't go as far as doing a Teams but somehow they will address it on some levels and departments...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nocknock
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->