Little Quiz

Originally posted by purplelucrezia@Oct 13 2004, 09:06 PM
The Pacific Mall's the best, although I actually haven't been there in like three years... Well, my memories of it anyhow. I should seriously go back though one day.
My little, favourite place is right along on the way to Queen Street. A bit before the bubble tea and fur stores. If you manage find it, I'll be impressed. If not, it'll remain my find. :wink:
[snapback]396442[/snapback]​

Pacific Mall's in Scarborough, no?

Originally posted by enrichi@Oct 13 2004, 09:19 PM
[snapback]396454[/snapback]​
:doh: All I remember is that it was very, very far...

The Pacific Mall's the best, although I actually haven't been there in like three years... Well, my memories of it anyhow. I should seriously go back though one day.
My little, favourite place is right along on the way to Queen Street. A bit before the bubble tea and fur stores. If you manage find it, I'll be impressed. If not, it'll remain my find. :wink:

Fair enough. Thanks, Purple.

Originally posted by enrichi@Oct 13 2004, 09:19 PM
[snapback]396454[/snapback]​

Pac Mall is in Markham, on the border of Scarberia. The intersection is Steeles and Kennedy. It's actually not that far from downtown if you take the highway.

1.best fashionmagazine(s)? UK Vogue, Vogue, WWD Accesories Edition
2.best movie and moviemakers? Auntie Mame, Clueless, Doctor Zhivago, Desk Set
3.your most gorgeus shoes? I can't pick, because I'll change my mind 3,000 times
4. what's your fashionstyle like? LA meets New York, with a smidge of prep
5.your idols and fashion icons? Kate Moss, Jude Law, The Olsens :ninja: (a very recent obsession that can only be attributed to their mass overesposure and my young, impresionable mind)
6.the most ugliest celeb, who has now style at all? Nicole Kidman (excuse me while I throw up)
7.the best shop? Barney's. Always and forever.
8.your location? Split between New York and looserville USA.
9.your best bag? Balenciaga voyage sized moto bag, humongous fendi messenger with embossed logo (I think it retailed for like $3000--but I got it for considerably less)
10.the style you hate(mod, punk, rock'n'roll, preppy etc,you name it)? sl*tty teenage girls in cheap mall clothes
11.best designer ? Crystoball Balenciaga (does it have to be living?)
12.best haute couture fashion label? Chanel
13.best fashion photographer? eh
14. the most beautiful model? eh

1.best fashionmagazine(s)? Vogue I suppose - with the exception of US Vogue that is :innocent:
2.best movie and moviemakers? Holy Grail :P
3.your most gorgeus shoes? knee length laced leather boots that I got from Berlin :blush:
4. what's your fashionstyle like? depends on my mood :blush: mostly clean cut with bits of vintage thrown in
5.your idols and fashion icons? Audrey Hepburn :blush:
6.the most ugliest celeb, who has now style at all? Britney :ninja:
7.the best shop? lol hard to name just one, lot's of places in Covent Garden in London & Kufurstendamm in Berlin
8.your location? Cambridge, UK, by way of London
9.your best bag? A lovely 1920s satin clutch I got in Romania
10.the style you hate? western .. but usually I dislike parts of styles, rather than specific styles themselves
11.best designer ? currently Alexander McQueen & Martin Grant :heart:
12.best haute couture fashion label? Chanel for dependability, Dior for inspiration
13.best fashion photographer?Helmut Newton :heart: Craig McDean, David LaChappelle, Mario Testino..
14. the most beautiful model? Liya, Tetyana, Caitriona.. too many to list

1.best fashionmagazine(s)? Vogue
2.best movie and moviemakers? Silence of the Lambs, don't have a favorite moviemaker
3.your most gorgeus shoes? Gucci black moccasins
4. what's your fashionstyle like? Classic with a fashionable touch
5.your idols and fashion icons? Anastacia, Tom Ford, Michael Jackson
6.the most ugliest celeb, who has now style at all? Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, Hilary Duff
7.the best shop? Local boutiques
8.your location? The Netherlands
9.your best bag? n/a
10.the style you hate(mod, punk, rock'n'roll, preppy etc,you name it)? punk, tacky, trashy, skater
11.best designer ? Gucci, YSL, Chanel
12.best haute couture fashion label? Chanel
13.best fashion photographer? Mario Testino
14. the most beautiful model? Daria Werbowy, Hana Soukupova

1.best fashionmagazine(s)? Elle (Japan) Vogue and Teen Vogue (US)
2.best movie and moviemakers? Breakfast at Tiffany's
3.your most gorgeus shoes? still to come...
4. what's your fashionstyle like? boho prep rocker funky all combined into one look. its rather hard to explain.
5.your idols and fashion icons? I take ideas from everywhere... flowers to... buildings to test papers
6.the most ugliest celeb, who has no style at all? Britney
7.the best shop? I shop at so many shops i don't really have a best one. Perhaps Zara?
8.your location? people infested Tokyo
9.your best bag? none really, i found beautiful bag yesterday, i went again today and it was gone.
10.the style you hate(mod, punk, rock'n'roll, preppy etc,you name it)? britney style.
11.best designer ? Christian Lacroix, Matthew Williamson, Moschino...
12.best haute couture fashion label? Dior
13.best fashion photographer? err... hmmm i dont know. :unsure:
14. the most beautiful model? Dewi... :heart:

1.best fashionmagazine(s)? Bazaar
2.best movie and moviemakers? The Green Mile
3.your most gorgeus shoes? Manalo Blahniks tennis style shoe or the gold ones with rose :heart:
4. what's your fashionstyle like? anything i like i wear
5.your idols and fashion icons? kate moss, mary kate & ashley olsen, gwen stefani...
6.the most ugliest celeb, who has no style at all? lindsay lohan or melanie griffeth
7.the best shop? Abyss, David Jones...
8.your location? Sydney
9.your best bag? pink dior or glomesh silver vintage one from newtown
10.the style you hate: punk
11.best designer ? Neimen Marcus, Tom Ford, Marc Jacobs
13.best fashion photographer? Mario Testoni
14. the most beautiful model? Natalia Vodinova

1.best fashionmagazine(s)? hmmm....vogue italia, french vogue, sometimes V
2.best movie and moviemakers? i love hitchcock, steven soderburg (sp?) and wes anderson. right now my favorite movies are carrie, the royal tenenbaums, the matrix, and vertigo
3.your most gorgeus shoes? tie between my gucci lace up pumps and narciso white round toe pumps with black straps
4. what's your fashion style like? classics with a twist, love accessories and fancy shoes.
5.your idols and fashion icons? life icons are oprah and maya angelou, fashion icons: kate moss, tracee ellis ross, mandy moore, stephanie seymour
6.the most ugliest celeb, who has no style at all? britney and paris hilton
7.the best shop? in sf, AB Fits; in NYC, barney's, jeffrey, nom de guerre and zara.
8.your location? san francisco
9.your best bag? my vintage gucci doctors bag that was my grandma's
10.the style you hate(mod, punk, rock'n'roll, preppy etc,you name it)? i don't hate any styles; everyone should be allowed to express themselves as they want.
11.best designer? cristobal balenciaga, narciso rodriguez, nicolas ghesquiere and alber elbaz
12.best haute couture fashion label? right now, chanel
13.best fashion photographer? inez and vinoodh, helmut newton
14. the most beautiful model? another toughie...i love eugenia, erin wasson, daria, liya, and amanda moore

1.best fashionmagazine(s)? I.d

2.best movie and moviemakers? Requiem for a dream i dont have a fave movie maker

3.your most gorgeus shoes? My dior prince of wales check d'tricks :heart:

4. what's your fashionstyle like? Classic with a quirky edge.

5.your idols and fashion icons? I don't really have idols.

6.the most ugliest celeb, who has now style at all? Britney, Lindzay Lohan all of that kinda tribe.

7.the best shop? Flannels.

8.your location? Notts.

9.your best bag? Dior star black leather boston :heart:

10.the style you hate(mod, punk, rock'n'roll, preppy etc,you name it)? sl*tty, stripper tackyness

11.best designer ? John Galliano for Dior & Nicholas Ghesquire for Balenciaga

13.best fashion photographer? Nick Knight

14. the most beautiful model? Gemma Ward...and Tiiu Kuik

Originally posted by franny@Oct 13 2004, 04:16 PM
here's a quiz to you all!

1.best fashionmagazine(s)?
2.best movie and moviemakers?
3.your most gorgeus shoes?
4. what's your fashionstyle like?
5.your idols and fashion icons?
6.the most ugliest celeb, who has now style at all?
7.the best shop?
8.your location?
9.your best bag?
10.the style you hate(mod, punk, rock'n'roll, preppy etc,you name it)?
11.best designer ?
12.best haute couture fashion label?
13.best fashion photographer?
14. the most beautiful model?
[snapback]395692[/snapback]​

1 Vogue and Elle
2 Matchstick men. Directed by Ridley Scott.
3 Those Ferragamo are so sweet. :heart:
4 Mixed. I like sport style, I like jeans and sexy tops...
5 Well... I dont have idols, just some people that I like because of different qualities.
6 Britney, no doubt.
7 No best one - there are too many good ones that I visit
8 Hungary
9 Lacoste light blue color, a bit bigger than A4 format
10 I dont hate any style. I just dont like some like punk, goth. I mean that I would never dress that way.
11 Agh, that Galliano is so f*cking talanted! :doh: Even though I didnt like him much before...
12 Chanel
13 Uf- uf... I dont know any! :ninja:
14 Naomi Campbell. Cant think of any other.

Originally posted by franny@Oct 13 2004, 10:16 AM
here's a quiz to you all!

1.best fashionmagazine(s)? Italian Vogue, Teen Vogue
2.best movie and moviemakers? On the Waterfront;Martin Scorsese;Marlon Brando;Uma Thurman
3.your most gorgeus shoes?Ask me in like 10 years when I have money to buy the kinds I want
4. what's your fashionstyle like?Depends on my mood
5.your idols and fashion icons?Uma Thurman, Audrey Hepburn, SJP, Kirsten Dunst, Natalie Portman, Sophia Lauren
6.the most ugliest celeb, who has no style at all?Rosie O'Donnell pops into mind
7.the best shop?Willy Jay's, a cute local boutique downtown
8.your location?Sullivans Island Charleston South Carolina
9.your best bag?I have this Ralph Lauren purse I got on ebay last year. I LOVE IT
10.the style you hate(mod, punk, rock'n'roll, preppy etc,you name it)? I dont hate any style except overly trendy(if you own a knock off of that LV bag or UGGs). I love different styles from my own, makes the world a funner place
11.best designer ? Oscar De La Renta
12.best haute couture fashion label?Chanel
13.best fashion photographer?Patrick Demilchier (or however you spell his last name) and if im in a different mood David LaChappelle
14. the most beautiful model? Gisele
[snapback]395692[/snapback]​

Originally posted by twilight fairy+Oct 13 2004, 09:11 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(twilight fairy @ Oct 13 2004, 09:11 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>What's "mod" style anyways? :unsure:
[snapback]396078[/snapback]​

<!--QuoteBegin-purplelucrezia
@Oct 14 2004, 02:01 AM

:shock: :cry:
[snapback]396385[/snapback]​
[/b][/quote]
Well, the modernist movement was all the way back in the 60's, I'm sure she'll be forgiven for not knowing a 40 year old youth movement :wink:

1.best fashionmagazine(s)? vogue
2.best movie and moviemakers? quientin tarintino Kill Bill 1 & 2
3.your most gorgeus shoes? marc jacobs black n white ones
4. what's your fashionstyle like? trendy with a individual twist luv vintage and op shop clothes - love customising
5.your idols and fashion icons? gweneth paltrow, kate moss & audrey hepburn
6.the most ugliest celeb, who has no style at all? jennifer love hewitt
7.the best shop? any op shop!
8.your location? melbourne
9.your best bag? white ralph lauren bag i recently bought :heart:
10.the style you hate(mod, punk, rock'n'roll, preppy etc,you name it)? preppy... mostly sheep...
11.best designer ? manalo blahnik
12.best haute couture fashion label? ysl
13.best fashion photographer? david lachappelle
14. the most beautiful model? tiu kuik & amanda moore

Originally posted by ahhGucci@Oct 15 2004, 12:37 AM

Well, the modernist movement was all the way back in the 60's, I'm sure she'll be forgiven for not knowing a 40 year old youth movement :wink:
[snapback]397419[/snapback]​

But even the 80's revival though? Or, how about this... Exactly one year ago.

[snapback]397419[/snapback]​

[snapback]397697[/snapback]​
[/quote]

I'm sorry, I know how it looks like, but I never know the "labels" of the styles. I never knew what "preppy" was up until I came across this term on message boards .. :lol: :flower:

Originally posted by twilight fairy@Oct 15 2004, 11:37 AM

[snapback]397697[/snapback]​

I'm sorry, I know how it looks like, but I never know the "labels" of the styles. I never knew what "preppy" was up until I came across this term on message boards .. :lol: :flower:
[snapback]397702[/snapback]​
That makes me feel slightly better. :blush: Please don't mind me...

Purple I believe I know what you're talking about.. :innocent:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rantanplan1980
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->