Louis Vuitton 'Alma' Handbags 2021 : Rianne, Sacha, Sora & Vittoria by Steven Meisel

bluebanter

Reaction score
6kCibnS.png

louisvuitton.com

THE NEW ALMA CAMPAIGN
Louis Vuitton presents the Alma BB in a rainbow of eye-popping colors for Spring.

A fresh and contemporary take on the iconic Alma bag, Louis Vuitton introduces the Alma BB in five vibrant colors presented by Rianne Von Rompaey, Sacha Quenby, Sora Choi and Vittoria Ceretti. The bag is embellished with an embroidered jacquard strap to match, featuring Monogram flowers on one side and the Louis Vuitton logo on the other.

Photographed and directed by Steven Meisel, the campaign images bring the Alma BB’s bright and vivid colors to life, showing off the bag’s youthful and energetic attitude. The bag’s fresh details and unique strap in graphic color options pay tribute to the line’s playful DNA

The new Alma campaign | LOUIS VUITTON®

This is it. This finally happened. The styling, especially that hair, so hideous that even Steven Meisel can't save this cr*p. We finally lived for this to happen, such sh*t that the photography god himself can't help this. Vittoria looks swollen.

Also, stop trying to be vintage Versace?

I don’t care if Meisel was involved because it is a real hot mess.
I’m going to take a look at the Monogram campaign with Saskia, Julia and Liya because I need to refresh my eyes after this.

Very faux Versace. Nothing works here. The photography, the bangs, the outfits that does not look LV. Hard pass.

Steven clearly "inspired" Versace by Avedon here, but sorry Steven it's fail miserably. Everything is wrong here, the hair, the photoshop make Rianne looks like she only have one arm, the clothes looks so basic it's hurts. There is no connection between the girls because they clearly not photographed together.

Just like the rest of LV woman campaigns, it's a tragedy. Why it is so hard for LV woman to have a good campaign? "Am I reaching for the stars here? Not really."

BURN THOSE WIGS!

also, what in the Versace? the girls energy in the video is super cool (Vittoria’s the strongest imo) and the pictures with Vittoria and Rianne are amazing but one can’t obviously overcome those disgusting wigs.

HUGE MISS.

such a shame!

I don't even know where to start talking about the bad points... What's wrong with a team like this for the result to be so catastrophic?

It's has been some time since I've seen such a terrible, terrible Meisel shoot! They've even managed the rare feat of making Sacha Quenby look bad.

The walking/jumping shots remind me of Trentini's immense library of US Vogue edits, only these girls (especially the red-haired one) can't even make jumping look natural.

Last edited:
I don't even know where to begin... Vittoria for Vuitton??? Super Weird should have been Mika instead
The clothes are not appropriate to do such a dynamic shoot jumping and running is clearly not working here the sat down shot looks slightly better.
Sacha who is master in front of Meisel lens looks bad even if she outshines all the girls here and the one one making that concept working if it was OG

Ride or die... I like it. The bangs are undoubtedly hideous, but the duo of Rianne and Vittoria can't do wrong! I think each of the girls has features strong enough to pull off these wigs and I really can't see what all this fuss is about... Worst campaign of the season? Please! It's in no way Meisel's strongest work, but it's far from the worst we've seen lately. Great to see Meisel back at Vuitton, seems like he's back full force this season! Hopefully Nicolas comes to his senses and hires Meisel for main campaigns as well instead of doing the work himself.

Tuesday February 2nd is the day I will forever remember as it is the day I hate something did by Meisel.

Never thought it would happen but life is full of surprises. I want the names of every person involved in this mess.

Alright, alright... I'm a huge advocate for Steven Meisel but even I can admit this is an eyesore and far from his finest moment. The styling is questionable, the post-production is abysmal and there's just no depth to the image whatsoever. It's all rather flat and lifeless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
John Burke
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->