Louis Vuitton F/W 07.08 : Scarlett Johansson by Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott

i would prefer if any model gets this campaign instead of celebity:innocent:

I prefer celebrities a lot of the time actually (even if I don't like the celebrity), because they don't look like emaciated clothes hangers as consistently as models do.

Nooo! Don't use the SAME celebrity twice! I need something new and different!

:sick: :shock: :yuk:

NOOOOOO! The last thing we need is more celebs in adverts, celebs have ZERO place in fashion advertisements. Leave it to the models (Iekeliene would have kicked serious butt).

Although I agree with kimair about Coco for Balenciaga...:innocent:

I don't like Scarlett for SS but I think she's perfect for FW because of Vermeer's inspiration.

Anyway, the campaign will be focused in bags as always....

Vuitton F/W 07 : Scarlett Johansson by Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott

(wwd.com)
Memo Pad: Scarlett Mark Two...

Published: Thursday, May 24, 2007
SCARLETT MARK TWO: For her sequel as the face of another Louis Vuitton campaign, Scarlett Johansson played a role with which she's extremely familiar: movie star. Evoking at turns Marilyn Monroe and Grace Kelly, Johansson displays voluptuous glamour in the color-drenched fall spots, slated to break in August fashion magazines.

"In this one, she's much more recognizable," said Antoine Arnault, Vuitton's communications director, who allowed that the actress is not always immediately identifiable in the current spring ads in her role as the French-coquette-on-a-swing.

Nevertheless, Arnault dubbed the current campaign a success. He noted that Vuitton creative director Marc Jacobs "adores" Johansson and based his fall-winter collection for the house around her character in "Girl With a Pearl Earring," the 2003 feature film about a peasant girl who becomes the model for 17th-century Dutch artist Johannes Vermeer's most famous work.

The fall campaign, lensed by Vuitton regulars Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott, plays up the painterly colors of the ready-to-wear. "It's probably one of the most beautiful campaigns Mert and Marcus have ever shot," Arnault said. "It's a very iconic campaign."

Arnault, son of LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton chairman Bernard Arnault and a member of LVMH's board, said Johansson was at ease during the shoot, held in a studio in her hometown of Los Angeles in late March. In fact, during a lunch break, the photographers were so struck by the combination of light and Johansson that they snapped some impromptu black-and-white portraits that will be featured in a future issue of Pop magazine.

Jacobs, who had been undergoing rehabilitation treatment in Arizona, was not present at the shoot, but had given the impetus and direction for the campaign, in sync with a collection based on a rich, earthy palette and feminine glamour, Arnault noted.

Each image highlights Vuitton's leather goods — entry-priced totes one month, degradé or shearling monogram handbags the next — with Johansson reclining against a simple backdrop of curtains and divans.

Arnault declined to pinpoint budgets, but said investments would be higher for the crucial fall-winter selling season. Analysts have estimated Vuitton spends more than $250 million annually on advertising, most of it print-driven.

fan of outdoor advertising, Arnault said he would seek out premium, large-scale spaces. Vuitton also is keen to ramp up its online advertising presence, although Arnault lamented a lack of quality luxury portals. — Miles Socha

Attachments

• 052407_68.jpg
    052407_68.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 1,123
  • 052407_69.jpg
    052407_69.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 1,149
Her new ads:
(wwd.com)
attachment.php
attachment.php

OMG :woot:
I won't lie-I love them! :buzz: Scarlett looks amazing, way better than her SS 07 ads!

WOW... I actually like them! No one is more shocked than me.
The colours are SOOOOO much more appealing and suit Scarlett much better.
I just hope they dont overkill these ads in the magazines like they did in S/S.

This is so much better compared to the Spring ones.

I was iffy at first with Scarlett redoing them.

I like it, the 2nd picture is stunning. I still dislike most of M+M's work though. I think Scarlett's a wonderful actress and the only celebrity I don't mind being on the cover of fashion magazines.

Wow! The colors are so beautiful! I especially love the first because of the red! Gorgeous!!! :heart:

I LOVE them, they are reminiscent of her first campaign for LV.

I think I'm in the minority since I still prefer the SS ads :lol: But these are lovely also -- Scarlett is indeed perfect for the brand right now.

I like the first image better than the second :smile: This is really nice. I like it better than the Spring campaign though I liked that too...Eh, I love Mert & Marcus, so naturally I'm biased :innocent:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
screenstarmakeup
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->