Louis Vuitton F/W 07.08 : Scarlett Johansson by Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott

The colors are wonderful, but they leave a lot to be desired. They look more like catalogue pages and are croppe kind of weirdly. And her poses are so studied! These are pretty disappointing compared to her spring ads.

I love the new ads,:D I think she looks amazing, the clothes are fabulous especailly the first outfit and the backround is amazing as well,:heart: I prefer them to the spring ones though I did love those too but not as much as the fall o4 in that amazing plaid coat and these new ones! Cant wait to see the entire set!:heart::flower:

I love love the new ads, can't wait to see all of them. Fall hasn't come though

I was all set to dislike them, but they're not bad at all. It's the curious combination of colours that does it for me. I look forward to seeing more of this campaign, once the new season of ads gets underway. Never thought I'd say that...

i have to say i dont hate them. a total departure from the botticelli-esqe spring. she has eyebrows in these...

These ads are really gorgeous... her skin color sets an interesting contrast to the other colors/

i liked the SS07 campain... and these are good... but the haircut is weird...
i came to wonder if they do big bags thinking before of the place they'll have in the ad campin or because big bags are what Marc really wanted to do...

SCARLETT MARK TWO: For her sequel as the face of another Louis Vuitton campaign, Scarlett Johansson played a role with which she's extremely familiar: movie star. Evoking at turns Marilyn Monroe and Grace Kelly, Johansson displays voluptuous glamour in the color-drenched fall spots, slated to break in August fashion magazines.

"In this one, she's much more recognizable," said Antoine Arnault, Vuitton's communications director, who allowed that the actress is not always immediately identifiable in the current spring ads in her role as the French-coquette-on-a-swing.

Nevertheless, Arnault dubbed the current campaign a success. He noted that Vuitton creative director Marc Jacobs "adores" Johansson and based his fall-winter collection for the house around her character in "Girl With a Pearl Earring," the 2003 feature film about a peasant girl who becomes the model for 17th-century Dutch artist Johannes Vermeer's most famous work.

The fall campaign, lensed by Vuitton regulars Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott, plays up the painterly colors of the ready-to-wear. "It's probably one of the most beautiful campaigns Mert and Marcus have ever shot," Arnault said. "It's a very iconic campaign.''
wwd

LOUISVUITTONFALLWINTER2006-07THEFAS.jpg

[myspace]

I really like these more than her earlier ads.

nice ad but i wonder why they always have to go back in time!

i love the ads but i dont know how much they really pertain to the runway show. they feel more hitchcock or something, moreso than vermeer inspired.

i like these ads, but i think the set is lacking. They seem like underground 50's p*rn/pinup sets, but in technicolor...

is louis vuitton going to be a brand that's now solely endorsed by celebrities?!? I hope not. I like it when they feature models... like the ones with Raquel, Kate, Missy. They should do a campaign with the original supermodels... Christy, Cindy, Linda, Naomi, Tatjana... maybe Claudia. Now that would be an iconic campaign!

Well, I used to dislike Scarlett, but the ads aren't so bad. Still I would see one of my Hit-Girls here!

Better than ss, but the photoshopped softness around the face is really bothersome. It makes any expression pose look ten times more un-natural.

I don't understand by Louis Vuitton used Scarlett 3 times for their campaign. Its like they want to play a joke on society because they know that either way their bags will sell - so they are free to make their campaigns as stupid as possible.

The only decent campaign was the one with Kate Moss and Daria Werbowy. That was actually classy and subdued; even *with* the crazy make-up.

This campaign is nice, yes, but nothing spectacular. IMO, she looks like a dressed-up p*rn star :lol:

ps. Am I the only one that dislikes this campaign and the general use of Scarlett.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breemoca
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->