Louis Vuitton 'New Classics' Handbags F/W 2019.20 : Alicia Vikander & Léa Seydoux by Craig McDean

vogue28

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score

PHOTOS TAKEN BY VOGUE28
FROM UK VOGUE NOVEMBER 2019

Can they please stop using Alicia? She's not convincing anyone to buy the bags. I mean it also doesn't help that this whole campaign could bore someone to tears.

The video is so much better than these lifeless images.

One of their least offensive campaigns because it made the clothes look good. There's a huge difference when you look at the campaign in print and online - in print, it looks way better (see post 1) Even Alicia looks somewhat tolerable. Her shot reminded me very much of her British Vogue cover, down to the hairstyling.

I like this, just for how refreshing it feels and how it's a departure from that eyesore of a mainline campaign for F/W 2019.20 by Collier Schorr. I have always thought simplistic campaign images work best for Ghesquière's Louis Vuitton and this fits the bill just fine.

Léa Seydoux clearly outshines Alicia Vikander here, however, and think Seydoux has never taken a bad photograph for Vuitton!

Sometimes, I wonder why they even bother having celebrities...
I know Nicolas and the execs thinks that it’s necessary on that scale, even more with them pushing the RTW and stuff, but I find it pointless.

Despite the fact that the products are good and selling well, in terms of fashion imagery, I think that a livestream of the show and customers showing their purchases on YouTube does more than those lackluster actresses.

None of those two women are popular. Ok Léa is a Bond girl but she is not even popular in France...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
violette28
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->