bilQuis

It's Just a Ride
Reaction score
ph: Patrick Demarchelier
styling: Marie-Amélie Sauvé
hair: Paul Hanlon
makeup: Hannah Murray
source: wwd

Consider it a warm-up for the Cannes Film Festival. Léa Seydoux plays a “daring, confident heroine who is constantly on the move” in her first campaign for Louis Vuitton.

Slated to break in Vanity Fair U.K. on Friday and then roll out in other June and July magazines worldwide, the ads picture the “Spectre” actress at the colorful, modernist ranch Cuadra San Cristóbal by celebrated Mexican architect Luis Barragán.

Considered one of Vuitton’s “travel” campaigns, the ad shows Seydoux with windblown hair cradling Capucines and City Steamer handbags. Occasionally, a horse peers out behind her from one of the compound’s vivid pink stucco walls.

The actress wears clothes from the pre-fall collection in ads styled by Marie-Amélie Sauvé and photographed by Patrick Demarchelier. Paul Hanlon styled hair while Hannah Murray did the makeup.

Paris-born Seydoux recently joined Alicia Vikander, Michelle Williams, Jennifer Connelly and Doona Bae as an ambassador for Vuitton and made her first appearance for the brand last January at the UNICEF Ball in Los Angeles.

Seydoux scooped up a Palme d’Or at the Cannes Film Festival in 2013 for her role in “Blue is the Warmest Color” and has appeared in such diverse films as “Inglourious Basterds,” “Midnight in Paris,” “The Grand Budapest Hotel” and “Mission: Impossible — Ghost Protocol.”

At Cannes next month, Seydoux is to appear in Xavier Dolan’s “It’s Only the End of the World,” one of 21 films in competition. The cast also includes Marion Cotillard, Nathalie Baye, Vincent Cassel and Gaspard Ulliel.

It's a bit less dreamy than usual, but Léa looks great. I don't like how blatantly exposed the bags look though - surely there could have been more natural poses to showcase them (like in the very last shot).

Probably the most boring "travel" campaign they have produced. :huh:

Weird.
I don't think that the Prefall collection was the best choice for it.
So much black and heavy fabrics for such a colourful and light ad?

She is beautiful even if it's weird to not see her s the sophisticated woman she was for Prada.
The Streamer is a beautiful bag. That Capucines is so dated and bourgeois (in a bad way)...

^ I agree, the Streamer is gorgeous. And so is Lea but this campaign is really dull.

Léa's not doing much traveling in this campaign. Overall, dull, as others have commented.

I fail to see the spirit of travel... and that location and horse have already been used in editorials so this is nothing special imo.

Some portraits are nice and the composition is pleasant to look at. I like the color scheme too.

while i understand that it's hard to take pictures where the bag is the main focus without pushing it right into your face, this is not exactly the best one can do. like, the full body shot with the Capucines? the way her arm is turned doesn't look one bit natural.

An overall bad combination. She worked better for Prada and Miu Miu.

Why travel or call it travel and have half the shots be close ups against a wall?

For its latest advertising campaign, Louis Vuitton is travelling to Mexico. As a follow-up to the Bob and Dolores Hope Estate by John Lautner and as a prelude to its imminent arrival at the Niteroi Museum of Contemporary Art by Oscar Niemeyer in Rio de Janeiro for the Cruise show, Louis Vuitton continues its architectural journey, setting its latest campaign at the Ranch designed by the celebrated Mexican architect Luis Barragan. At the center of this space, photographer Patrick Demarchelier has captured the Louis Vuitton woman as embodied for the first time by the actress and new muse Léa Seydoux. She appears as a daring, self-confident heroine who is constantly on the move. She wears pieces from the Pre-Fall 2016 collection.

The Capucines and City Steamer handbags take pride of place in this Travel campaign. The Capucines, a discreetly elegant new signature bag, incarnates the Maison and its know-how. First created in 1901, the Steamer was the first supple bag, the ancestor of the modern handbag. Updated for today’s tastes, it becomes a true city bag.
Louis Vuitton

The Streamer is a beautiful bag.
Really? I found them so trashy. I imagine a pretended posh girl with pearls in her ears,lots of brown make up and ugly shoes wearing them à la Victoria Beckham in 2005, in the elbow with the hand near the face. I just can't with that vision. :lol: And I don't like big bags either. Bags in general are ugly.

Also, don't get why Léa gets so many attention. She should stick to films... As a model she is terrible.

Last edited by a moderator:
Really? I found them so trashy. I imagine a pretended posh girl with pearls in her ears,lots of brown make up and ugly shoes wearing them à la Victoria Beckham in 2005, in the elbow with the hand near the face. I just can't with that vision. :lol: And I don't like big bags either. Bags in general are ugly.

Also, don't get why Léa gets so many attention. She should stick to films... As a model she is terrible.

Yes. It's a beautiful bag in medium. I also hate big bags (they are not very practical).
You just described Kris Jenner carrying her Birkins.:lol::lol:
The Streamer is like a less show-off/expensive and more modern version of the Birkin.
I find the Birkin (and what it represent) quite tacky:yuk::yuk:! It's the snobbish french part of me talking.:lol::lol:

The Streamer is like a less show-off/expensive and more modern version of the Birkin.
I find the Birkin (and what it represent) quite tacky:yuk::yuk:

You nailed it! That's why I don't like it. It's like a new version of the Birkin. I hate the Birkin and also the Kelly.

If I were a girl I would only wear 2.55s. :lol: I would have like thousands. :lol:

Love the colours and while Léa looks beautiful, overall it's quite boring.

I always like to See Lea, but there could be a but more "spirit" in it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cmvecino
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->