Lucky Magazine

Special Edition Lucky Magazine Olivia Palermo. This is a quarterly issue that profiles bloggers and street style.

gl2.jpg

Snapped by TFS member HandbagQueen

Its actually a nice shot of Olivia, love the hair. Reminds me somewhat of Kate Bosworth's cover. I don't really get why they needed a special 'Blogger/Street Style' issue. The old Lucky already had that 'street style' vibe. Guess this is the beginning of the end then.

^ They hold a blogger conference ... I imagine it has something to do with that.

^ They hold a blogger conference ... I imagine it has something to do with that.

Ah, thanks Fashionista-ta! Makes more sense for them. Perhaps this is the direction into which Chen is heading. It's certainly lucrative right now.

lucky's blogger conference was started when the old EIC was there, and they have always been into that world, but i don't necessarily see the point of this issue...
it's like a best-of, cramming the actual tips and tricks from the year into one issue (so maybe that's what the mag should be anyway??)

I imagine the point is largely additional advertising revenue :smile: There probably is no editorial point ...

Looks like it was inspired by the famous Jackie O paparazzi shot. I quite like it even if Olivia is a vile human piece of excretment.

^ That seems quite strong for someone who is, as far as I know, innocuous ... I mean, I would reserve that kind of description for war criminals and the like. As far as I know, she's not wanted in The Hague?

Lucky November 2014

BYRNE NOTICE
Photographer: Todd Cole
Stylist: Kathryn Neale
Hair: Romina Manenti
Make-up: Tyron Machhausen
Model/Celebrity: Rose Byrne

Lucky 11.2014. Digital Edition

Last edited by a moderator:
Lucky November 2014

STREET SMART
Photographer: Ben Morris
Stylist: Kate Young
Hair: Adam Markarian
Make-up: Hung Vanngo
Models: Karmay & Wang

Lucky November 2014

COLD COMFORT
Photographer: Hans Neumann
Stylist: Lawren Howell
Hair: Dennis DeVoy
Make-up: Tracy Alfayora
Model: Martha Hunt

Rose Byrne looks cool on the cover, like her edit and her hair. Martha Hunt's second shot could've been a cool cover though. Quite like her.

^^ Yes, I also like Martha's second shot. Her expression is just perfect

December 2014/January 2015 issue: Taylor Swift By Matt Irwin

Fashion: Kate Young
Hair: David von Cannon at Streeters
Make-up: Stevie Huynh for Sephora
Manicure: Casey Herman at Kate Ryan Inc.
Prop Styling: Juliet Jernigan
Article: Leigh Belz Ray

Source: imcmagazine.com

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm still on the fence about their new art direction. It makes the images look like candids, all this assymetrical positioning. Taylor really is booking covers like crazy. Next stop, Vogue?

I'm still on the fence about their new art direction. It makes the images look like candids, all this assymetrical positioning. Taylor really is booking covers like crazy. Next stop, Vogue?

Would Anna give her a cover after she's been on the cover of every other mag though?!

I don't really care about her much, but somehow, I never get sick of seeing her in fashion magazines, I think it's because she looks so much like a model. Whatever they do with her in editorials, it mightn't be that memorable, but it always seems to work. So maybe US Vogue could do something great with her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Absinthe02
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->