Makeup Artists/Hair Artists - Share Your Work, Give and Get Feedback

BetteT

Reaction score
This thread is for makeup and hair artists to show their work and to introduce themselves. And it's for posting their new work when they want to share it with other members. There is already a thread for Fashion Stylists, I'll find it and bump it up so it's easier to find.

I"ll get the ball rolling ... although I am not an artist ... but I wanted each person so see an example. You can use the "Manage Attachments" button to upload directly from your computer or post from another site. Please credit the photogarpher and anyone else on the team that you remember. If it's published work, please credit the magazine or site.

These are the work of Ray Filipowicz who is a makeup artist in Los Angeles . Each of these are images from work that we did together over the last few years ... so all makeup is by Ray (styling by me). He has given me permission to post these under his name and hopefully he will joing tFS soon (he's been invited). You can see more of Ray's work here.

Photography on the first 4 images by Don Lemastus. Photography on the last 2 by Sun Park. Makeup by Ray Filipowicz, Styling by Bette Tilch.

Attachments

• road closed crouch.jpg
    road closed crouch.jpg
    319.3 KB · Views: 4
  • stripes standing.jpg
    stripes standing.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 2
  • Lempicka eyes.jpg
    Lempicka eyes.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 8
  • Lempicka, pinstripe suit.JPG
    Lempicka, pinstripe suit.JPG
    162.3 KB · Views: 4
  • boots kneel.jpg
    boots kneel.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 6
  • red ress kneel.jpg
    red ress kneel.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 5
Last edited by a moderator:
great idea for a thread, bette!
wonderful work!

i dabble in this myself. i'll try to get some of the things i've done posted.

thats amazing work... i'm a make-up artist but havent practised in about a year.. my work is nowhere near as good as this

I'll have to put up some stuff on this thread, this is exciting! :smile:

Thanks for the invite again Bette. I'll post some of my more recent stuff.

This set: Makeup/Hair by Me and Photography by my husband, Luis Aragon. Model: Christina Marie Snake: Jake :smile:

img_212.jpg

img_213.jpg

img_214.jpg
img_215.jpg

Ok i was going to add more but I can't seem to resize these on here and it's taking up a lot as it is. lol. So maybe when I figure it out I'll post more later :smile:

Welcome Kat! :woot: And thanks for sharing. You already know that I love the close up snake ones ... how cool is that?

So you (and everyone else) will know ...you can post them as attachements, directly from your hard drive. It will post the images here in a smaller format and then everyone can click on them to bring them up to normal size, if they want to take a closer look.

Here's how: When you post a reply ... use the "advanced" option, then scroll down below the message window ... you'll see a "Manage Attachements" button. Use that to download your images and then when you actually post (Submit Reply) the message, you will see the images posted below your repy.

Super easy ... you don't even have to have the images uploaded on another site as you do on most forums ... they post right off your computer if you handle them as attachments.

Howdy!

I was wondering where a thread like this was. :smile:

I'm Tania, I'm a pro, full-time working artist in LA. Mostly I do commercial projects. This was the last editorial type dealy I did which ran - in all places - in the Teen Prom edition that's currently out on the stands... fotos = P. Aguilar, Makeup by Tania Russell, Hair by Jose Zamora and apologies to the stylist whose name I can't remember...

teenprom1b.jpg

teenprom4b.jpg

teenprom6b.jpg

teenprom7b.jpg

For the rest of my stuff check out Makeupwerks by Tania Russell

Looking forward to gettin' to know folks on this board.

- Tania :smile:

i'm so excited for this thread! i'm not a make-up artist or hairstylist (not even for myself :doh: :wink:) i'm a photographer - but i love seeing what other people are doing, there is some really inspiring stuff here!

i love those close-up snake pictures too! :woot:

thanks for the thread, i can't wait for it to grow!

Hey, Tania ... Welcome! I created this thread just for you (well, not you personally) ... because we were sorely lacking in images from artists like yourself. Thanks for sharing.

Love the colors, BTW ... and the movement. For teens and the garden setting, the makeup was spot on ... what I can see of it ...very pretty and polished but not too glam. Good job and congrats on the editorial!

Hello-
Im Roshar. Located in LA.
I enjoy long walks on the beach and ice cream.

Photo by Sean Armenta, Photo Leea Hager -Hair Noogie Style,Photo Sita Mae Edwards.

Pix didnt come through on the 1st post- so here is some stuff...
Last photo is by Adam Rowell

Attachments

• seanarmenta-seanarmenta-471f[1].jpg
    seanarmenta-seanarmenta-471f[1].jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 4
  • zoomerrty.jpg
    zoomerrty.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 4
  • Queen.jpg
    Queen.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 3
  • VR5K4314smm.jpg
    VR5K4314smm.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 3
Such beautiful work! I can't wait to see more!

hi roshar - sorry - were you the mua or hs for these shoots?

i really love the first 2 :heart:

.francesca said:
hi roshar - sorry - were you the mua or hs for these shoots?

i really love the first 2 :heart:
Hello Francesca-
Yes I am the makeup atist for those shots.
:-)

they all look great! i like the last one too.

welcome everyone to tfs! i can't wait to see more of your works :smile:

introducing myself

I'm Margina and I've been doing makeup almost 12 years and I am also a beauty for LA' G Magazine. Here is some of my work:

1259290345_m.jpg
1187614289_m.jpg
1237884609_m.jpg
1259271090_m.jpg

Welcome Roshar, Margina and Ray!

BTW, everyone ... Ray is the Ray that did the makeup in the shots that I have in the first post in this thread. Glad you joined us, Ray and thank you for allowing me to post them to get this thread started. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annetbef
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->