Making Your Own Jewelry!

A quick question:
I've started making jewellery again and wanted to make charms and things using some sort of clear resin? I've seen these molds (http://stores.ebay.co.uk/raregem65) and they're nice but would they work? And how would I go about doing it, I've tried looking for tutorials but there aren't many.
Also (so many questions!!) does anyone know where I can get supplies, I'm in London btw.

CIMG1986.jpg

necklace

It looks like nobody was here for a while now, buy I'll try and ask... Can anybody suggest good online store with supplies for jewlery? I'd like to start doing my own, I have some tools but looking for good strings, ropes, beads. But really, really good. Not the same like in most of the stores.

Wow, I love this thread! So many nice things...

I started making some stuff again and I might post some more in this thread if it works out.
This is what I made a couple of years ago. It's two hand pieces and a matching necklace... Not the best pictures... The material is black and shiny. I made it from a small handbag...

Attachments

• chess4.jpg
    chess4.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 3
  • chess3.jpg
    chess3.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 5
  • bet2.jpg
    bet2.jpg
    435.9 KB · Views: 2
  • schack3.jpg
    schack3.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 2
I've started taking jewelry design classes over the past year, something I have always wanted to do.
These are some of the pieces I have made so far:

3stonesilverring7.jpg

Whitestonependant6.jpg

Silvermoonearings1.jpg

Pearlring4.jpg

DaiseyDotpendant7.jpg

Bracelet2.jpg

Bronzedpin.jpg

Brownstonering1.jpg

Sunburstpendant.jpg

Beadedearrings1.jpg

Purplestonependant.jpg

serenity soul, those are beautiful. You probably need lots of machines to work with the metal, right?

i did one of these, it turned out really well!
pic: chic-steals.com

Attachments

• DIYpamelalovearrowheadring.jpeg
    DIYpamelalovearrowheadring.jpeg
    64.7 KB · Views: 7
Does this kind of jewlry have a name? I'd love to learn how to do it. I think there's some welding involved:unsure:

anton-heunis.jpg

melissarosehawkins.wordpress.com

Wow, Mariliis that necklace is awesome! You can't even tell that those were once cds, it's beautiful.

For all of you d.i.y. jewelry makers, do you have any go to sites for super cheap jewelry findings/supplies? I know of ebay, but I wanted to look for other sources as well. I've found some but most are more expensive than I'd like to pay.

How many pieces would you have in an earring collection? And how often do you change your collection, about twice a year?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcad1947
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->