Marc Jacobs Stam Bag (September 2005 - March 2010)

Status
Not open for further replies.
most of marc's bags are named after people...
stella (tennant), sophia/sofia (coppola), suvi, etc.

i just got my first stam, the sunburst from f/w 08.09...
it isn't quilted, it has pleating on one side...i'm so excited to get it!!

pic from ebay

Attachments

• sunburst_stam.jpg
    sunburst_stam.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 8
^It's lovely! Such a nice color!

(btw I couldn't help but notice that your blog has the same name as my screen name :D)

kim, that's a lovely colour and it's such a lovely name...which echoes the pleating on the side of the bag :heart:

I actually just picked my putty Stam up from the London store the other day (I had sent it off to get the back cleaned where a coat had stained it, and to get the hinge on the frame repaired) and it had been so long since I used it that I forgot how heavy it was! I actually didn't use to notice this because I wore it almost every day for ages, but bought a black Mina Stam at the start of this year and have mostly been using that instead (It is the same size, but flat rather than slouchy and so much lighter!). My black baby Stam, Putty and brown Chloe Paddington have all been so neglected lately - I must give them some love!

Kimair - what was the sequined one like? Is it completely covered in sequins, or just scattered? I did see a black classic one with gold studs on the corner of each diamond of the quilting pattern which was lovely - but I already have two different style Stams in black so managed to resist. Would look super cool though - a bit rockier than the classic.

the sequined one has sequins all over...
i saw it in the blue (like this one)...not sure if it comes in other colors...
243s0lg.jpg

the studded one is called stardust stam, and the quilted with the studs comes in other styles...
2qbymbc.jpg

both pics from marcjacobs.com

Wow... the sequin is over the top. I'm not sure how I feel about the starburst, maybe in another color. I don't like the new chain strap with the leather piece on the middle. Thanks for posting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for posting. I still like older classic Stams better.
I feel a little bit guilty that I haven't used it on a long time. Same with my bleue nuit Chloé Paddington. I should really take them out.

I actually don't like that blue colour at all. The sequined might look divine in black or charcoal, but in that blue it just looks a bit cheap and nasty. Same with the blue studded - looked hot in the black, but cheap in the blue. And GG I don't like the new chain with the leather bit either - what is the point?

the leather part in the chain is interesting...on some bags it's there and on some it isn't...
i suppose if you want to carry the bag on your shoulder, the chain would hurt after a while...

Dana - It's actually not new, I bought it when it came out (think I posted pictures then) and was just having it cleaned. I can post pictures again if you wanted to see it? I never posted any of my new black Mina either, so I could do that one too.

Boots & Perfume--- Yes please do, i'm in love with Marc Jacobs handbags!

Here is my ivory patchwork stam.
As much as I love the look, this bag is too heavy! So I only wear it when I don't have to carry it a lot
img2214im6.jpg

That's such a pretty bag. I agree that it's heavy because of the chain. It's detachable but I don't think the bag looks as good without the chain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yohjiyamamotor
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->