Matt Bomer

Ochi Chernye

Reaction score
n01q.jpg

Matt Bomer stars as Neal Caffrey in the new USA Network original series White Collar premiering Friday, October 23, 2009 at 10/9c.

Bomer's television credits include a lead role in the ABC series "Traveler," and recurring roles on the NBC series "Chuck" and the FOX series "Tru Calling."

In feature films, Bomer starred in New Line's "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning," and appeared in "Flightplan" with Jodie Foster.

Bomer received a BFA from Carnegie Mellon University. After college, he moved to New York, where he worked on stage until landing roles on television.

Bomer currently resides in Los Angeles.

source - usanetwork.com

He has impeccable style both on and off the show...I have a feeling this thread will fill up in no time! ^_^

He is verrrry good looking forsure :wink:
Are there candid/paprazzi pictures by chance.... :smile:

His eyes are stunning, i liked him on the Traveler, but he looks more handsome in the White Collar because they are clearly milking his looks, haha. And i love his style there, however i think he is a miscast for the show personally.

he is crazy hot. i remember seeing him when he was on Tru Calling and I was like WHOAA...I love the dark hair/light eyes contrast.

He's awesome in White Collar.Just finished watching the pilot and it was great.He's a very very handsome man :heart:

:woot: O.M.G.

So glad I clicked on this thread :D.

I've seen the previews for this show a million times and he has the most gorgeous eyes. And look at that smile! I'll definitely be tuning in from
now on.

ETA: Enamors please list the source for your image in post #8 or it will be removed. And I really don't want to delete that picture.

Last edited by a moderator:
USA Network Presents "White Collar Shirt Bar"
Actors Matt Bomer, Tiffani Thiessen and Tim DeKay attend USA Network's 'White Collat Shirt Bar' at The Channel Gardens at Rockefeller Center on October 23, 2009 in New York City.

Summer TCA Tour - Day 9
Actor Matt Bomer of the television show 'White Collar' speaks during the NBC Universal Network portion of the 2009 Summer Television Critics Association Press Tour at The Langham Huntington Hotel & Spa on August 5, 2009 in Pasadena, California.

gettyimages.com

I loved him on Chuck and I like him in White Collar. I'm smittened by him.

Rising Star: Matt Bomer

31355w1.jpg

By David Greenwald

LOS ANGELES, Calif. --

Most crime shows feature heroes who are easy to trust – but not so for “White Collar,” a new USA drama that stars Matt Bomer as Neal Caffrey, a brilliant convict-turned-FBI consultant whose quick wit and dashing good looks help FBI White Collar Crime Unit agent Peter Burke (Tim DeKay) catch the most slippery criminals.

With his vintage Rat Pack style and con artist charm, it’s a role that may find Matt competing for Jon Hamm’s Don Draper as TV’s most stylish man – and it has made him AccessHollywood.com’s latest Rising Star.

“What I liked about the character from the get-go is he has this great dichotomy,” Matt told Access. “He was this slick, suave, hyper-intelligent con artist on the surface but beneath he’s also a romantic at heart. I found it so interesting to play a character who the audience couldn’t trust – he doesn’t ever really give away everything that’s going on with him.”

On the show’s premiere, which debuts on Friday night at 10/9 Central on USA, his character escapes from jail to pursue his girlfriend, Kate, who left him after his years behind bars. After getting caught once more by Peter, he convinces the agent to let him help track down criminals as elusive as himself – and an uneasy partnership is born as his hunt for Kate continues.

”He’s looking for the love of his life,” Matt said, adding that though solving crimes is often easy for Neal, searching for his love isn’t so simple. “There [are] definitely times when he doesn’t win. One of the things that doesn’t work out for him is what he wants most – that he can’t find Kate.”

Still, that doesn’t mean Neal spends the season without romantic interests.

“He sees nothing wrong with a little flirtation,” Matt said. “His moral lines aren’t quite as sharply drawn as the typical leading man. He doesn’t have any issues with flirtation or having a good time.”

One of the ways Matt livens things up with Neal is with a wardrobe straight from Frank Sinatra’s Las Vegas heyday.

“The Rat Pack and Sinatra are so influential on who he is,” Matt said. “Putting on those suits, it’s how I slip into the character’s skin.”

But what’s a less obvious influence on the character of the master con artist? High school prankster Ferris Bueller.

“He was con artist with that boyish charm,” Matt explained, citing films such as “The Sting,” “The Hustler” and “Ocean’s 11” as other influences, as well as the books “The Art of Deception” and Frank Abagnale Jr.’s book-turned-film, “Catch Me If You Can.”

While his new role may be the star’s breakthrough part, the Spring, Texas-bred actor – who hasn’t lost his accent, despite years living in the Big Apple – has appeared in shows including “Chuck,” “Traveler” and “Tru Calling” in recent years. Matt’s first big break came during his senior year in high school, when he earned a role in a Houston production of “A Streetcar Named Desire” that required more than just taking the stage. .

“I was going to school during the day and commuting all the way to downtown Houston, which is a 45-minute, hour drive, every night,” Matt said, adding that it was in school where he caught the acting bug.

“In middle school I had a teacher who taught a class called theater arts,” he said. “I kind of fell in love with it. It was a way for me to express myself and have fun, entertain myself and other people. I’ve always loved to make people laugh… it was just a natural way for me to do that.”

College and stage work in New York such as “Spring Awakening” followed before his on-screen career kicked off. At one point the star was even attached to don Superman’s tights in “Superman Returns” (before Brandon Routh finally won the role).

“If that opportunity ever presented itself again, it would definitely be something I would be interested in,” Matt said, adding he would trade in his suit for spandex. “I would love to do a comic book role.”

For now, though, he’s happy to fight crime as Neal.

“He always runs into trouble. He’s always got his back up against the wall,” Matt said. “The fun part of playing it is figuring out how he’s going to find his way out of it.”

source

Matthew Bomer on the set of his new television show 'White Collar' shooting on location in Manhattan
New York City, USA - 30.10.09

whitecollar_tv @ LJ

I first saw him in Chuck where I already enjoyed him. Just finished watching both episodes of White Collar and I'm really liking the show and Matt :D. He's really handsome and I love his style in the show, heh!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anna Nilufer
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->