MDC "The Money Girls" Top25

Common_1031

Reaction score
So Models.com Released there new Rankings The Top 25 Money Girls

Where does all that high editorial drama of blue chip runways, covers and campaigns lead to in a girl’s career? Why to that lucrative heaven of VS, Estee and Ralph contracts. To celebrate the idea of longevity and a well compensated career path, here is the MDC long awaited “Money Girls” ranking. It’s good to be one of these ladies, right this minute.
MDC

25.Coco Rocha
24.Gemma Ward
23.Anja Rubik
22.Jessica Stam
21.Natalia Vodianova
20.Filippa Hamilton
19.Shalom Harlow
18.Liya Kebede
17.Hilary Rhoda
16.Julia Stegner
15.Carmen Kass
14.Malgosia Bela
13.Izabel Goulart
12.Selita Ebanks
11.Isabeli Fontana
10.Valentina Zeliaeva
09.Doutzen Kroes
08.Carolyn Murphy
07.Karolina Kurkova
06.Daria Werbowy
05.Alessandra Ambrosio
04.Adriana Lima
03.Gisele Bundchen
02.Heidi Klum
01.Kate Moss

is the third time someone make a thread for this ranking :D the mods merged the other threads to one!

This list is honestly, stupid. It's basically all of the Icons or whatever all over again. I think they should have left out the "iconic" girls like Kate, Gisele, and the VS girls (hello, we KNOW these ladies are rich), etc, and focused on strictly high fashion models.

I also think that MDC gets ahead of themselves sometimes...for example, in the first post they made about the Money List, they mentioned girls like Heather and Tiiu being on it, and obviously, they are not. They also said that Gemma would be included in the Icons list, which she isn't. So I just don't get why they say things and then don't follow through...

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree the list is stupid and misleading, you get Gisele for example. I believe Forbes 100 times before models.com on who makes more money. They have this fixation with Kate Moss that is sickening.

Interesting info about Daria though... that another client wanted her as their face before Lancome snatched her up, thus driving her contact higher. What models signed after Daria got her contract? I remember Hilary Rhoda for Estee Lauder, but that's it.

As for Heather & Tiiu, maybe they had made the initial list when they first got the idea, then as they researched, they were bumped out of the top 25 by higher earning girls.

I agree the list is stupid and misleading, you get Gisele for example. I believe Forbes 100 times before models.com on who makes more money. They have this fixation with Kate Moss that is sickening.

Gisele lost her VS contract, that's $5 million out of her pocket. Kate Moss adds Virgin Mobile, the Nikon camera ad, another successful Topshop collection, and some high fashion campaigns.

Though I still think Gisele has more money. Losing 5 from 33 = $28 million, and Kate Moss was reported to earn $9 million so how could she close the gap that quickly? Either way, the top three are still the top three, just in a different order, so this list gives a general idea, I would say.

How is the list stupid? Just because your favourite isn't there doesn't make the list stupid.

So much hate for models.com on this forum! lol

If you ask me, the list is well done and pretty accurate. (Much much more accurate than their regular top 50 list)

Coco, 25, really? I don't know I wasn't even expecting her to make the cut :huh: What about Sasha?

^YSL fragrance contract, countless top catalogue appearances, many campaigns every season, etc.

^ She has Gap this season too... that's a pretty big commercial campaign, I think.

This kind of explains their criteria for the list:

But there is an interesting device you can use to get an estimate.You can take a list of the highest paying clients in fashion, weigh the going rates these clients pay for their contracts and campaigns and then apply it against the body of models employed by those clients. Those power clients form a mercifully short list. They are Victoria's Secret (with the "Angel's contracts setting the standard), Ralph Lauren, cosmetics brands like Estee Lauder, Lancome, L'Oreal, Maybelline, Revlon and Cover Girl as well as the many fragrance contracts in the business. Then there are the instances of big money bookings for jewelry companies, endorsement deals for clothing lines and accessories or the rare case of a clothing company (like Calvin Klein) willing to pay a high-six figure sum for the services of a model.

This list of clients obviously creates a kind of filter for a certain kind of girl. There are catalogue queens who might argue that they make as much if not more than some of the girls on this list, but the cut-off point we used was that a "Money Girl" by our definition was a former or current editorial girl who converted into a multi-million dollar proposition.

So I guess they didn't count catalogs in the rankings.

Probably not. They're being lazy.

Those power clients form a mercifully short list.

I'd like to know about the 'catalog queens'. Who are they? Former fashion girls or always commercial?

My issue with the list is not that any particular model is in or out, is that they use too subjective information on it and rate the models as they like them not as much money they are making...

Ex... Tyra Banks I cannot stand her but she is makign a wack of money with her reality show, which I do not think should be counted as model earnings as I belive Kate Moss's Top shop money should not be counted either... however for kate they count it? :flower:Dos that make any sense?

How is the list stupid? Just because your favourite isn't there doesn't make the list stupid.

So much hate for models.com on this forum! lol

If you ask me, the list is well done and pretty accurate. (Much much more accurate than their regular top 50 list)

I know she's retired but Tyra honestly should be on the list. I think you know it gets a bit haywire when it comes to the top 15 for obivous reasons :innocent:

I don't think this rank is really accurate, if it were Gisele should be #1 she made 33 million last year ¬¬

I'm assuming Tyra isn't on the list b/c she doesn't model anymore. My only problem with the list is where are the $$ amounts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
haleyabhdisjsbw209
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->