Men In Skirts

I adored that Pringle collection. They had a pair of humongous furry gloves, uh, such a cute fetish.

CdG, SS09. This one, I can get with. :Mohawk:
d5d04636a238a3005c4e26d2780e8ada.jpg

(src: Pinterest via trendhunter)

Flashy celebrities and CdG just don't mix, which is what we'll see at the upcoming Met gala. For your consideration: exhibit A.
Marc-Jacobs-see-through-black-lace-Comme-des-Garcons-Met-Gala-2012.jpg

(src: stylefrizz.com)

Close, but no cigar. (src: redcarpetfashionawards)
Marc-Jacobs-Comme-des-Gar%C3%A7ons.jpg

Much better. (src: anothermag.com Pinterest pg)
b94c46474e8572a4ea6cb95907aeebe1.jpg

I think if I were to try wearing a skirt (or even a dress), Post #624 would probably be my best bet. I've worn plenty of polo shirts before
even in my High School days. So it would be not much different for me to wear a polo dress. I would stick with shirt dresses as far as dresses are concerned for my body. As much as I love flared items, I don't think I could probably pull off wearing a flared skirt or an A-Line skirt. These days, we call them "skater" dresses and skirts.

Anyhow, I'd favor the polo dress.

I'm good with Marc in a kilt, but for me, some of his other attempts at this haven't been terribly successful ...

It's great, I love it. Why should the Scots have all the fun?

Having said that, it would take a lot of guts to do it, particularly where I live (Australia). Masculinity is pretty fragile here, and unless you live within a tight radius of some of the trendy areas, there is a good possibility of being violently assaulted.

Thought low waist stuff was getting trendy a year ago when people started making an early naughties revive. Well, apparently not. But here's one I adore.

Thom Browne fall 2012
oZneVL1m.jpg

vogue.com

Recognize even more how prescious Thom is of late. He's done so many brilliant looks.

Last edited by a moderator:
*** Edited: Please remove photos whenever you quote another member. Or, in this case, no need to "quote" since the post is right above^
No... I know we live in times where lines between genders blur, but I just find men skirts unflattering. I feel like it's more of a political/social statement that genuine trend. Or is it obvious and I am just being new and stupid here?

Go jump in a river, Shane. (src: menfashionhub.com)

men-skirts-8.jpg

I'm still trying to find that one perfect pic of this look in a real-life setting. This is as close to perfect as I'll find. (src: pinterest user Natalia Elina)

e152374a6a47633f5e34d9beb7aa678f.jpg

Not so bad. Zero clue whose show this is (src: trendhunter)

52b764c51c20dfd5e438d2ff8990457a.jpg

fashion-india_980485i-blog-desin-squared.jpg
I do believe skirt could be a trend setter, but with the little twist. Designers need to work on making it more mannish with the matching top.
In South part of India men wear white bottom cloths wrapped around like a plain long skirt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velvetmuse
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->