Mervis Fantasy Diamond Cupcake

ParadEyes

Spring of Córdoba
Reaction score
I want one for my wedding!!! :P

6709d_diamond-cupcake_7ufxe_48.jpg

Mervis Diamond Importers claim to be the first to create a diamond cupcake, which is festooned with eight ideal cut round brilliant diamonds around its circumference and a two carat Asscher cut diamond in the center. Jonathan Mervis cites that he thinks a diamond-topped cupcake could be the ultimate in luxury to make engagements and weddings as stunning and memorable as possible. He thinks that the diamond cupcakes can be really famous among brides. Mr. Mervis hopes the dazzling dessert will be listed as the world’s first diamond cupcake in the Guinness Book of Records. The price tag on the diamond cupcake reads $30,000. They say diamonds are a girl’s best friend, and this diamond cupcake could become a bride’s best friend.

mervis3.jpg

Jonathan Mervis using a diamond loupe to inspect his cupcake

diamond_cupcake-468x304.jpg
mervis_diamond_cupcakes2_14.jpg

Super-Luxe Chocolate Tart
http://www.luxuo.com/jewelry/mervis-diamond-importers-chocolate-cake.html
berry-cake-diamond.jpg

This $18,000 chocolate dessert is encrusted with a single diamond stone nestled in the blueberry topping.
The delicious and ultra luxe dessert is made by Mervis Diamond Importers, a jewelry chain in Washington, DC. The chain is widely known for their advertising techniques and this chocolate dessert is one of their latest.
On July 23rd, Mervis Diamond Importers is holding an open event where attendees can eat from a diamond-topped chocolate fountain while browsing through their collection of jewels.

sources:
luxuo
trendhunter
unequalledmagazine
delleiciousdc

that cupcake better rock my world! if my tastebuds don't have an orgasm, i'll expect a refund!

this should be posted in the pointless designer accessories thread

it's insane, what if you accidently swallowed it:shock:

Um.. I guess its cute....

but why not buy a simple cupcake (Magnolia possibly...?) and some loose diamonds to put on top..?

Am I the only one who thinks those cupcakes and stuff pictured are ugly and unappetizing? If they can afford to top their baked goodies with diamonds, can't they also afford to hire some decent pastry chefs?

Am I the only one who thinks those cupcakes and stuff pictured are ugly and unappetizing? If they can afford to top their baked goodies with diamonds, can't they also afford to hire some decent pastry chefs?

You took the words right out of my mouth :shock: C'mon, the fondant is crooked :blink:

Also, I know of at least one woman who swallowed her diamonds each and every day she was in a concentration camp during WWII (and she did make it out, with her diamonds), so the idea of combining diamonds with something edible is not exactly appetizing to me ...

You took the words right out of my mouth :shock: C'mon, the fondant is crooked :blink:

Also, I know of at least one woman who swallowed her diamonds each and every day she was in a concentration camp during WWII (and she did make it out, with her diamonds), so the idea of combining diamonds with something edible is not exactly appetizing to me ...

OMG Debbie Downer!! But totally valid point... :cry:

From what I see, the $30,000 is basically charging you for the diamonds.

I don't see what the big deal is about. He baked a lopsided cupcake and put a few diamonds on it. I can go out and do the same thing.

Hell, I'll sprinkle my salad and spaghetti with emeralds next time.

i dont really think the diamonds fit on any of those cupcakes...

i do enjoy how over the top it is though lol!

these are really goofy. What does one do with the diamonds while eating the cupcake???

i guess.... take them off?

i remember getting some chocolate pralines with sugar diamonds on top. now THAT was neat. the sugar was made to be pretty see through. not as sparkly, but it looked really cool.

Yes- the cupcake design looks ugly.
the diamonds will probably be kept as a wedding memory :P I know people can do the most ridiculous things in their weddings...so I wouldn't be surprised if this actually sells.

*reminds me of something I have read a long time ago..still an interesting story to share.:innocent:

lipstick and mascara for $14 million

Recently, H. Couture Beauty sold custom-designed packages for its lipstick and mascara for $14 million. The cases are made from 18-karat gold and are adorned with rare pink and blue diamonds. “This is the most expensive makeup that has ever been sold,” Allison Kugel, spokesperson for H. Couture Beauty. “It was purchased for a young woman’s 25th birthday,” she says. The packages will be completed by December and will be accompanied by security staff when they are delivered.

cpc0611p68a.jpg

Luxury is in demand, according to H. Couture Beauty, which sells its crystal-encrusted lipstick container for $150.

cpc0611p68b.jpg

H. Couture Beauty’s Socialite Collection also includes this mascara container, which retails for $589.

cpcpkg

Last edited by a moderator:
i dont even consider that to be luxurious, more like stupid..I'd rather spend 500 on a nice cashmere or a great pair of boots. People that would buy that crap irritate the heck out of me.

^ I am with you all the way! People like that waste money on worthless things:rolleyes:

i dont even consider that to be luxurious, more like stupid..I'd rather spend 500 on a nice cashmere or a great pair of boots. People that would buy that crap irritate the heck out of me.

Sometimes it's a fine line between luxury and stupid :wink: But I agree that this is well over that line ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mikishuki
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->