Michelle Dockery

LolaSvelt

Reaction score
Surprised she doesn't have a thread.

Michelle Dockery (born 15 December 1981) is an English actress of stage and screen, and a singer. She is known for her role as Lady Mary Crawley in the ITV/PBS drama series Downton Abbey. She made her television debut in Fingersmith in 2005.
Some pictures:
Laura Carmichael and Michelle Dockery attend the Mulberry Autumn/Winter 2012 runway show during London Fashion Week at Claridge's Hotel on February 19, 2012 in London, England.
Michelle+Dockery+Mulberry+Front+Row+LFW+Autumn+BJmH1pecn9il.jpg

"Downtown Abbey" star Michelle Dockery changes into a casual outfit as she leaves "The Late Show With David Letterman" in New York where she was a guest. The happy and polite Dockery signed autographs for fans before making her exit.
Michelle+Dockery+Celebs+Late+Show+David+Letterman+wcfPwI0gK9gl.jpg
Michelle+Dockery+Michelle+Dockery+Leaves+Letterman+SNEWGmc8AaWl.jpg

Actress Michelle Dockery arrives at the "Late Show With David Letterman" where the "Downtown Abbey" star was in high spirits.
Michelle+Dockery+Michelle+Dockery+Visits+Letterman+qQUrRfmGoIjl.jpg

InStyle hosts the Best Of British Talent Party held at Shoreditch House.
Michelle+Dockery+InStyle+Best+British+Talent+pUxM1JiISPkl.jpg

Michelle Dockery attends the Giorgio Armani Prive Haute-Couture Spring / Summer 2012 show as part of Paris Fashion Week at Grand Palais on January 24, 2012 in Paris, France.
Michelle+Dockery+Celebs+Arrive+Armani+Show+z8iuKWCY1mll.jpg
Michelle+Dockery+Celebs+Arrive+Armani+Show+BvS5noi60iel.jpg

Michelle Dockery attends the 2011 Cosmopolitan Ultimate Women Of The Year Awards at Banqueting House on November 3, 2011 in London, England.
Michelle+Dockery+Cosmopolitan+Ultimate+Women+mSO14bKS1ZTl.jpg

Actress Michelle Dockery arrives at the 63rd Annual Primetime Emmy Awards held at Nokia Theatre L.A. LIVE on September 18, 2011 in Los Angeles, California.
Michelle+Dockery+63rd+Annual+Primetime+Emmy+W3VxD-Awnmcl.jpg
Michelle+Dockery+63rd+Annual+Primetime+Emmy+9HGGuiAnWSLl.jpg

Michelle Dockery arrives for the 9th annual BAFTA tea party at L'Ermitage Beverly Hills Hotel on September 17, 2011 in Beverly Hills, California.
Michelle+Dockery+9th+Annual+BAFTA+Los+Angeles+rOUTyyFik-dl.jpg

Actress Michelle Dockery attends the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences' 63rd Primetime Emmy Awards performers nominee reception at Spectra on September 16, 2011 in West Hollywood, California.
Michelle+Dockery+Academy+Television+Arts+Sciences+jvrqmoSb12zl.jpg

zimbio

I could have sworn she had a thread already... Guess not. I'll be subscribing because I love everything she wears. She could make a bin bag look elegant.

I love her,she is such a beauty.Everything she wears looks great on her,she's very elegant and gracious.

Oh, great! I was waiting for someone to open a thread. So, to celebrate: at miu miu today.

source: wwd

Did anyone see her on Letterman? :woot: She was sweet and delightfully funny! For some reason I thought she would be shy and reserved...:lol:

I love her face, she doesn't seem beautiful at all for me, but her face is very unique.

Happy to see a Michelle Dockery thread! Saw her in NYC last month and she is stunning! (has the most amazing skin) - can't wait to see more from her on the fashion front.

Vogue US December 2011 - photographed by Uli Weber

uliweber-vogue2.jpg

(in Marchesa)

uliweber-vogue1.jpg

(in Julien Macdonald)

source: uliweber.com / vogue.com

Last edited by a moderator:
InStyle UK March 2012

InStyleUKmarch2012.jpg

(in Roksanda Ilincic)

source: downtonline.com

in Stella McCartney at Vanity Fair Premiere party for Downton Abbey in NYC, December 2011

vfp12.jpg

source: vanityfair.com

Oh I'm so excited that a thread for Michelle was created! I love her on Downton and I love seeing her off camera too. She really has a lovely sense of style. There is something very classic and English about it. I really hope that she get's to be on a few more magazine covers/editorials... that would be great to see.

And here's a picture of Michelle at the Mulberry after-party. Love the bag she's carrying.
MulberryParty-5_111211555869.jpg_carousel_parties.jpg

vogue.com

Actress Michelle Dockery attends The Academy of Television Arts & Sciences' Writers Peer Group Reception Celebrating the 63rd Primetime Emmy Awards at the Leonard H. Goldenson Theatre on September 15, 2011 in North Hollywood, California.
Michelle+Dockery+Academy+Television+Arts+Sciences+I65Vi2CFytDl.jpg

Actors Dan Stevens (L) and Michelle Dockery speak during the 'Masterpiece - Downtown Abbey II' panel during the PBS portion of the 2011 Summer TCA Tour held at the Beverly Hilton Hotel on July 31, 2011 in Beverly Hills, California.
Michelle+Dockery+2011+Summer+TCA+Tour+Day+40-JgeWUDrzl.jpg

Michelle+Dockery+2011+Summer+TCA+Tour+Day+RwhYHLLd9Jgl.jpg

Michelle Dockery attends an Evening With Downton Abbey - Raising Money For Merlin - The Medical Relief Charity at The Savoy Hotel on July 14, 2011 in London, United Kingdom.
Michelle+Dockery+Evening+Downton+Abbey+Raising+t54ffepBpnWl.jpg

Michelle Dockery poses in front of the winners boards at The Phillips British Academy Awards 2011 at The Grosvenor House Hotel on May 22, 2011 in London, England.
Michelle+Dockery+Philips+British+Academy+Television+OnUxAoxUC8Ul.jpg
Michelle+Dockery+Philips+British+Academy+Television+P7kXSxJZOEbl.jpg

Michelle Dockery attends the Jameson Empire Awards at the Grosvenor House Hotel, on March 27, 2011 in London, England.
Michelle+Dockery+Jameson+Empire+Awards+Arrivals+z5D4GcjVSsyl.jpg
Michelle+Dockery+Jameson+Empire+Awards+Arrivals+tqLSX2QcNiQl.jpg

Michelle Dockery attends the RTS Programme Awards at The Grosvenor House Hotel on March 15, 2011 in London, England.
Michelle+Dockery+RTS+Programme+Awards+2010+Nk3uGN3gA55l.jpg

Actress Michelle Dockery attends the South Bank Sky Arts Awards at The Dorchester on January 25, 2011 in London, England.
Michelle+Dockery+South+Bank+Sky+Arts+Awards+-XEebSDDMyYl.jpg
Michelle+Dockery+South+Bank+Sky+Arts+Awards+0pIK7wO0bl6l.jpg

zimbio

New photoshoot and there is a short film as well.
Michelle Dockery wears Antonio Berardi, Peter Pilotto and Cornelia James.

120326180290.jpg

in Chalayan Black Line, Karen Henriksen, Gareth Pugh, Cornelia James

120326180291.jpg

in Antonio Berardi, Peter Pilotto, Cornelia James

120326180292.jpg

in Danielle Scutt, Antonio Berardi, Cornelia James, Charlotte Olympia Avalon

120326180293.jpg

in J.W. Anderson, Gareth Pugh, Jane Taylor Millinery, Cornelia James

120326180289_r.jpg

in Stella McCartney, Philip Treacy, Cornelia James

via time.com

Love these two together! Tom Hiddleston is so charming - and looks great in a suit!

More from Michelle:

Future Perfect

Like any good drama, fashion needs to tell a story. So before actor Tom Hiddleston suited up for TIME's photo shoot in London, he made sure to define his character.

"The idea is that we're a time-traveling couple from the future," says Hiddleston about photographer Jonathan de Villiers' concept. "But I have a particular nostalgia for what I conceive of as the past, which is actually the present day. My character finds 2012 fascinating because he feels it's on the cusp of something. He makes all sorts of surmises about the end of Europe and the breakdown of the Sino-American barrier and the floodgates of London sweeping open. And he's trying to persuade his paramour that 2012 is more interesting and exciting than, say, Paris in 1968."

Working alongside his real-life friend, Downton Abbey star Michelle Dockery, Hiddleston channeled the film set more than the catwalk. "Rather than just standing and pouting in a photo-shoot kind of way, we were playing this relationship out," he says. "I'm a better actor than I am a model."

In true British fashion, the time-traveling pair braved gusty winds and freezing rain — and wore only British designers, including J.W. Anderson, Antonio Berardi, Hussein Chalayan, Stella McCartney and Danielle Scutt. "I like to wear British brands as much as I can — Burberry and Mulberry," says Dockery. "And I love Ralph Lauren too. In fact, it was exciting to hear that the Ralph Lauren show during New York Fashion Week opened to the theme tune of Downton Abbey, and all the styles were very '20s, a period feel. That was cool."

It might not be Paris 1968, but as Britain's cultural exports go forth and conquer, London 2012 has solidified its position as Europe's most exciting capital city. In June, revelers will fly the Union Jack at massive street parties to celebrate the Queen's Diamond Jubilee, which marks her 60th year on the throne. The city of William Shakespeare and Winston Churchill — and more recently Kate Moss and Adele — won't have long to sweep up the confetti: the Olympic Games kick off on July 27.

Hiddleston, 31, and Dockery, 30, shot atop Guy's Hospital in southeast London, with views of Renzo Piano's almost completed Shard London Bridge — a glass tower that will be the tallest building in the European Union — as well as Norman Foster's city hall. "Inside city hall," Hiddleston says, "there's a spiral staircase made of reinforced glass, which has an incredible, dizzying, vertiginous effect."

Dockery's and Hiddleston's climb to stardom has had a somewhat gentler slope. Hiddleston's break came when he was a student at Cambridge and an acting agent spotted him in a stage production of A Streetcar Named Desire. A decade later, Hiddleston is starring opposite Rachel Weisz in the romance The Deep Blue Sea (in limited release March 23) and as Loki, the god of mischief and principal villain in The Avengers (out May 4). For that role Hiddleston had to wear a 30-lb. costume of leather and chain mail, but a bigger challenge was excavating heroism from Loki's dark soul. "You have to find the humanity in the villain so he doesn't become a two-dimensional cartoon," says Hiddleston. Now filming a three-part TV adaptation of Shakespeare's Henry IV and Henry V, Hiddleston mines the depths of Prince Hal, who, he says, "starts out as a rebellious, wayward prince and grows into one of England's great warrior kings."

Dockery saw Hiddleston's transformation up close, while she was playing the feisty Lady Percy in Henry IV. A veteran of Britain's National Theatre, she also appears with Keira Knightley and Jude Law in Joe Wright's upcoming big-screen adaptation of Anna Karenina as the outspoken Princess Myagkaya. Those roles build on Dockery's expertise in unpacking august women. She's currently filming the third season of Downton Abbey, in which she plays Lady Mary Crawley, she of Edwardian corsets and elbow-length gloves.

"I've become more aware of fashion and design since Downton Abbey," she says. "I've learned a lot from Susannah Buxton, who designed the costumes for the first and second seasons, and Caroline McCall, who's doing the third. I've learned that simplicity is key. But sometimes it's great to step out of the box."

Or rip it up entirely. At the TIME shoot, Dockery balked when she saw an edgy red leather jacket from Antonio Berardi. But once she put it on, she found herself radiating the confidence of a sci-fi heroine. "When you're playing a tourist from the future, you have to move outside your opinions about what you usually wear," Dockery says. "Or rather, just be a bit braver."

http://www.time.com/time/specials/packages/article/0,28804,2108496_2108520_2108733,00.html

I absolutely love Michelle and Tom's editorial. They both look so stunning. And that's a really lovely interview accompanying the editorial.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dima77
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->