Miley Cyrus Picture Scandal

I just saw a preview of her intereview with Barb Walters and her skirt in the interview is way too short in my opinion and it takes a lot for me to say something like that.

^^The interview in which she talks about being a good girl?? ahahahahaha

Who cares. Lots of girls younger than her do the same thing, it's just suggestive pictures. I don't see why it's okay for Jessica Alba to do the same thing, but she can't because she's 15. She'll be nude on the cover on FHM in three years anyway.

:huh:

Just because other girls under the age of 15 post risque pictures of themselves online doesn't make it okay. We're talking about children posting suggestive pictures for that people (mainly online pedophiles) can view. This behaviour should not be encouraged.

Right now, it's "just" suggestive pictures. What happens when a pedophile views the pics, sees something he likes, and starts messaging a young girl? You can teach your kids about internet safety but there's no guarantee she'll listen or accidentally let stuff slip (ie. a pic of her in school uniform = they know what school she goes to and can find her).

And third, Miley is the star of a very popular Disney show that LOTS of young, impressionable girls watch. If other tweens see that it's okay to post pictures of yourself like this, they'll start doing it too and like I said previously, this behaviour should not be encouraged. At 14, they're posing in their underwear. By 17, they'll be doing Vanessa-Hudgens-style pictures.

Btw, I'm not attacking you or anything, but I just feel really strongly about this issue. Just because everyone else is doing it doesn't make it right, and there are dangers involved with online predators and I cannot believe that an entire generation is already acting provocative before they hit 16. They're not even close to being adults yet and they're taking pics that present themselves as sexual objects and people are condoning it.

:huh:

Just because other girls under the age of 15 post risque pictures of themselves online doesn't make it okay. We're talking about children posting suggestive pictures for that people (mainly online pedophiles) can view. This behaviour should not be encouraged.

Right now, it's "just" suggestive pictures. What happens when a pedophile views the pics, sees something he likes, and starts messaging a young girl? You can teach your kids about internet safety but there's no guarantee she'll listen or accidentally let stuff slip (ie. a pic of her in school uniform = they know what school she goes to and can find her).

And third, Miley is the star of a very popular Disney show that LOTS of young, impressionable girls watch. If other tweens see that it's okay to post pictures of yourself like this, they'll start doing it too and like I said previously, this behaviour should not be encouraged. At 14, they're posing in their underwear. By 17, they'll be doing Vanessa-Hudgens-style pictures.

Btw, I'm not attacking you or anything, but I just feel really strongly about this issue. Just because everyone else is doing it doesn't make it right, and there are dangers involved with online predators and I cannot believe that an entire generation is already acting provocative before they hit 16. They're not even close to being adults yet and they're taking pics that present themselves as sexual objects and people are condoning it.
I also feel strongly about this. My point is: Why is it okay to do all of these things when you turn 18? If a man looks at a picture of a 17-year-old girl, is he a pedophile? Then what if she turns 18 the following day - suddenly he's not? There isn't much difference between a 15-year-old body and an 18-year-old body. How is the so-called pedophile supposed to know how old the girl is unless it's stated somewhere? I think you are way too black and white on this.

My point is that all of these girls are contributing to over-sexualize the female body. That includes girls under 18, under 15, Jessica Alba (really dislike her) and all the other "stars" who are put practically nude on some cover. We are told that this is sexy, and this is what we are supposed to look like if we want to look sexy. I don't find it weird at all that Miley and a lot of other young girls imitate this with the suggestive poses and all, because this is what they see on almost every single cover of FHM and the likes.

Last edited by a moderator:
My point is: Why is it okay to do all of these things when you turn 18? If a man looks at a picture of a 17-year-old girl, is he a pedophile? Then what if she turns 18 the following day - suddenly he's not?

Pedophiles have a totally different mentality. Just knowing that the girl is underage/illegal/"forbidden" turns them on. Knowing that they are the older man with all the experience and that they are the "first ones"... it's sick. It's not just about looks. And we're not talking about a 17/18 year old. We're talking about a 15 year old, who still has 2 years to go to learn about her self, relationships, boys, etc.

There isn't much difference between a 15-year-old body and an 18-year-old body.

I can see a difference between a 15 and 18 year old's body. Especially in their breasts and hips. And also their face - it's less round/youthful looking, more angular.

How is the so-called pedophile supposed to know how old the girl is unless it's stated somewhere?

MySpace (where Miley posts her photos) requires you to list your age. So does Facebook. I'm not part of any other networking sites but MySpace & Facebook are the most popular ones and they both list age.

My main issue is that I can't believe it has actually come to the point where people say "who cares? lots of 15 year olds pose in their underwear!" and they don't see that there's anything wrong with this behaviour, that it's actually acceptable in society. By condoning this behaviour, what are we saying? That it's okay to pose in your underwear? Because right now it's 15 year olds. The age is just going to keep dropping.

^I don't care how many 15-year-olds pose in their underwear on websites where they have to state their age (which I didn't know, and they might as well lie about their age anyway). They are not the problem - folks like Jessica Alba and all the other "stars" who go semi-nude on covers, they are the problem.

The point I'm trying to make isn't that Miley and little girls posing provocatively is the source of the "problem". I'm trying to say that I can't believe that society has become so apathetic when we see scantily-clad, underage girls objectifying themselves, when not even 10 years ago, this would have been outrageous. But now it's just "meh, who cares, everyone does it, kids will be kids".

And I'm trying to say that by condoning this behaviour with an apathetic attitude, it will only get worse: younger and less covering. Whatever influences this behaviour, it is NOT okay to act like this. And I just think it's horrible how her people will make her apologize for not wearing a seat belt because she's supposed to be a "role model for kids" but pictures of her in her underwear do not require apologies, they're "normal".

^^ couldn't agree with you more! sad, but it's the society we live in today. Just the other day, a few girlfriends and I went into this 16 and up club we used to go to in high school and saw underage teenagers giving lap dances. Some of these girls were 13-15ish and had snuck in. I felt like giving them some milk and cookies...I'm only 21 but I feel like kids these days have no childhood.

appearently theres 2 more new photos.. One of Miley in a public shower stall wearing a white t-shirt and nothing visable underneath while standing under running water, and another of her t-shirt pulled up under her bra line. perezhilton has them on his site.

She was sending a picture to her boyfriend and her phone got hacked by a hacker. My only problem with this situation is that hackers can find a way to take personal images and use them against people/sell them for profit.

appearently the guy who hacked her phone or whatever is trying to sell pictures that are even more inappropriate.

Poor Mylie and her fugness :( Too bad they also made a big deal over her photo shot by Annie... which was much more tasteful than this obv.

I know nothing about this girl, but was dragged into
a heated discussion about her today in class...
I think she merely acts, in what she believes to be,
a socially acceptable manner..
She's trying to be 'sexy' and 'interesting',
but continually making a fool of herself it seems...
I feel she is on the fast-track to becoming
Lindsay Lohan v. 2.0...

she's a pain in the bum.
i mean everyone says "all 15 year olds take pictures like that" well, first of all.. no they dont. and second of all.. not all 15 year olds are billionaires with millions of 4-10 year olds admiring us. miley must understand that pretty much everyone uses the internet. so she must know that these things are going to happen. 'shes just being miley'

my favourite is when i see videos of her and the papz, and shes having friendly conversations with them. they give her jewelry and she hugs them. and then her and her mom give them all coffee and cookies.. what the heck is up with that? then if they bring up the pictures shes like 'i already addressed that..' and then they're like 'oh not those pictures! new ones' its so funny.

i think she likes when these pictures are leaked. it means more attention.

I read on NYMag.com that Vogue received over 900 letters complaining about the photo shoot.

i think she likes when these pictures are leaked. it means more attention.

i agree. i believe miley enjoys the attention she gets when photos are leaked. this isn't the first time pics have been leaked. she knows it is a big risk. Yet once again she has taken these types of photos. I think she sees it as her way of showing the public she isn't some innocent prayer girl, without losing her job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashleydoubek147
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->