Mini Ipods

copper

Reaction score
.........i guess they are accessories? :P

does anyone have a mini ipod?

i was thinking about getting one (they are expensive and i should probably just get the regular ipod for space, but the mini ones are so cute :blush: )

i was wondering, when i buy it, will i need to buy any other attatchments/cords etc. in order to start using it with my computer? or can does the initial mini ipod box come with everything i will need?

also, what colour do you think is the nicest? (pink, blue, green, gold, silver) :flower:

I want one too! A mini one so I could carry it with me easier. I like the blue and pink ones! But the green is okay too. If I got one I would want to get the portable audio system thing here's a picture of it (from Sharper Image)

i-pod.jpg

Originally posted by copper@Dec 1 2004, 01:53 PM
.........i guess they are accessories? :P

does anyone have a mini ipod?

i was thinking about getting one (they are expensive and i should probably just get the regular ipod for space, but the mini ones are so cute :blush: )

i was wondering, when i buy it, will i need to buy any other attatchments/cords etc. in order to start using it with my computer? or can does the initial mini ipod box come with everything i will need?

also, what colour do you think is the nicest? (pink, blue, green, gold, silver) :flower:
[snapback]445766[/snapback]​

The Mini Ipod comes with all the necessary to use it with both Mac and PC. About the color, I prefer pink or gold:smile:

I have the pink mini ipod. I think it's the prettiest color. I love it!! I bring it around everywhere..on campus, to the stores, and the car. If you want to use it in your car you're going to have to buy the car adapter separately. If you buy the iTrip, which is the one i have, its about 40$. All in all i think you'll be happy with the iPod, whichever one you decide to purchase.

I dunno I'm thinking about the i-pod (not mini) because for a few more $ you can have 4000 more songs! I dunno what should I do?! Also do you think they'll go on sale after christmas?

The mini iPod doesn't hold enough songs for me, I prefer the original... plus white goes with everything.

The mini ipod isnt nearly as desirable as the proper one. To be perfectly honest.

Originally posted by kitsch@Dec 1 2004, 12:12 PM
The mini iPod doesn't hold enough songs for me, I prefer the original... plus white goes with everything.
[snapback]446215[/snapback]​
I'll ditto that. Most songs I listen to last about 5 minutes or so, the mini-ones could barely hold up to 5 albums maxium, which is a shame. I need one with capacity for 10,000 songs..at least. NOW. :P

Originally posted by crazyfordior@Dec 1 2004, 11:44 AM
The Mini Ipod comes with all the necessary to use it with both Mac and PC. About the color, I prefer pink or gold:smile:
[snapback]445995[/snapback]​

I believe you have to purchase a separate USB cable to connect to a PC.

Originally posted by faust@Dec 1 2004, 10:33 PM
I believe you have to purchase a separate USB cable to connect to a PC.
[snapback]446240[/snapback]​

the iPod mini includes both a firewire and a USB 2.0 cable for high-speed transfer from your mac or PC.

okay this is a really dumb question but how do you download the songs onto the ipod? Do you have to pay? :ninja:

I have the silver one but my wish is to have a custom-made salmon mini with my name in script on the back. But thats just a wish.

P.S. I think the original ones look to big and awkward compared to the minis.

i have a green one. his name is sheldon. too bad my friend dropped him in a bowl of milk. saddddd.

I don't think Minis are worth it - you get less space with nearly the same price as iPods. I just bought a 40 GB regular iPod. I would've bought a 60 GB had they offered it (now they have it with photo). I might consider upgrading sometime in the future. Minis are cute, but I don't think they're worth the price...

Originally posted by pradaesk@Dec 1 2004, 06:13 PM
the iPod mini includes both a firewire and a USB 2.0 cable for high-speed transfer from your mac or PC.
[snapback]446564[/snapback]​

Ahh, cool and unusual (I thought the idea was to rip you off with the accessories).
The reason I'm considering the mini, is that 1000 songs is enough (I really don't see how you are going to navigate through 10000 songs - I have maybe 200 CDs but I usually listen to 4-5 favorites of the time) and it's something I can stick in my pocket. I know you girls have bags so you don't care, but that smaller size/weight makes a difference for me.

Originally posted by faust@Dec 2 2004, 04:21 PM
The reason I'm considering the mini, is that 1000 songs is enough (I really don't see how you are going to navigate through 10000 songs - I have maybe 200 CDs but I usually listen to 4-5 favorites of the time) and it's something I can stick in my pocket. I know you girls have bags so you don't care, but that smaller size/weight makes a difference for me.
[snapback]447397[/snapback]​
I completely agree, and at present I can’t see why I would need more than 4GB especially because it’s supposed to be both easy and fast to transfer the songs from the computer to the iPod.

That’s why I think I’ll soon be getting a mini.

How much is the mini and the regular ones in the US btw?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mikishuki
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->