Missoni S/S 2010 by Juergen Teller

Flashbang

Mr. Magic
Reaction score
qsA5r.jpg
YBJiH.jpg

mzfLu.jpg
IUYf1.jpg

EN FAMILLE: It was a family reunion at Missoni for the spring ad campaign. Set on communicating a “different and more realistic” point of view while keeping a lid on budgets, Angela Missoni reunited the clan to front the new campaign, which breaks in February fashion titles. The ads, shot by Juergen Teller over dinner at founders Rosita and Tai Missoni’s house, also feature Angela’s progenies, Margherita, Teresa and Francesco Maccapani Missoni, and her bother Vittorio Missoni’s siblings, Ottavio Junior, Marco and Giacomo. Due to scheduling issues, the only one missing was Luca Missoni, brother of Angela and Vittorio, and Jennifer, who is based in New York. “I wanted to highlight our reality and our lifestyle, which is reflected in our unique product and in the artisanal aspect,” said Angela Missoni. “This campaign really reflects the mood I’m in these days, even from a design stance.”

According to Missoni, Teller got carried away, to the point that, although he had been commissioned for a spread of eight images, he shot 42.
wwd.com

NOOOOOOOO!
I wanted models, poses, and a fabulous photoshoot like last seasons. I'm in love with this collection and I hate that they went this route for the ad campaign.

i would have to see how these translate into print before making any final judgements. this makes the madonna shoot look super refined!!

seriously, it's like we broke into margherita's facebook page.

No. Grandma is super cute but...no :(. The fit of the pants on those guys? Please no.

WTH is this? :lol: shameless self promotion of your relatives? :lol: I'm sorry, this is bad! very very bad! eww! they should've used models

i actually really like this, well the idea. its very cute, just makes me smile i mean this is a family and their brand. however, i dont think teller was the right photographer for this. i get that is photographs have this casual free aesthetic but the his photographs tend to wash out the details of the clothing and obviously it did that a lot here--a major fail as missoni and their pattern.. duh!

im hoping (but not very optimistic) that these and the details will look better in print. shame, like most, i liked both collections a lot.

When I saw the first post I thought it was a mistake :lol:
I don't think this is going to generate too many sales, after all they're trying to sell clothes :wink:

It's cute but what a downgrade considering their ads are one of the the best every season

I actually love it........:mellow: :heart: and it doesn't hurt that Margherita is absolutely stunning..

it is what it is. I think the images would be miles better if the faces weren't so blown out with flash from time to time.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is cute, though the shots were like taken from Margherita's MySpace page. Looks verrrry casual IMO. I think Annie Leibovitz would've captured the idea Missoni's after and make the photos look actually fabulous and fit for an ad campaign.

I'm not a big fan of Juergen's photography so I'm not liking these. Ugh Missoni had amazing campaigns these past two seasons. -_-

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cccccc
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->