Miu Miu F/W 06.07 : Zhou Xun, Dong Jie and Lina Ohta by Inez & Vindooh

good news
but i dont like the pictures posted though =T
zhou xun's picture seem a lil weird to me

for some reason..i dont see these two girls pulling off mui mui..prada maybe..but mui mui?
i think chinese model Chang Chun Xiao can do a better mui mui ad..i love this girl..she has that awkward face

^I 2nd that.

i think the campagn is going to turn out exceptional just bc it's quite revolutionary to use all Asians for the 1st time. although i wished they could've used chinese models instead. there are so many underrated models over there, why used actresses. (i'm not a fan of celebrity culture :rolleyes: )....but, whatever works for the Mainland customer base. :rolleyes:

PS: Chun Xiao, Fei Bei, any of those "weird, quirky" looking Chinese models would get an A+ in my book!!

When can we see the new Miu Miu Campaign? I can't wait to see the result.
I guess Zhou Xun must be very beautiful in the Campain.

^Most F/W ads won't be released until at least July/August in magazines :smile: Patience is a virtue! :wink:

I don't have anything intelligent to add to this conversation...but all I can say is, they're hott :wub:

i dont know whether i will see this campaign in local mags since there isnt yet a Miu Miu boutique in Mainland China yet.

amor said:
i dont know whether i will see this campaign in local mags since there isnt yet a Miu Miu boutique in Mainland China yet.
That makes for an interesting standpoint considering this is most likely an economic reason for choosing these mainland actresses to target their Mainland consumers. I'm not limiting it to only that, but this is only the beginning for the integration of Asian culture into mainstream fashion. It's interesting to hear that there are no Miu Miu boutiques in the mainland considering they are using these actresses for their campaign.

I cant wait to see it :muscles:

Last edited by a moderator:
yourbestfriend said:
That makes for an interesting standpoint considering this is most likely an economic reason for choosing these mainland actresses to target their Mainland consumers. I'm not limiting it to only that, but this is only the beginning for the integration of Asian culture into mainstream fashion. It's interesting to hear that there are no Miu Miu boutiques in the mainland considering they are using these actresses for their campaign.

I cant wait to see it :muscles:

U are right about the most likely reason is ECONOMIC=$$$....a smart stragetic move since China is growing and growing and the consumers spending is way.......but let hope MIU MUI will open a boutique over there real soon if they are REALLY trying to appeal to the Chinese consumers.....

Still.....can`t wait to see the ad for it....

Last edited by a moderator:
yeh i think that miu miu uses these chinese stars to do the campaign just wants to appeal to the chinese customers

I intrigued by it....using Chinese actresses/models for it Fall 06 campaign.....but I don`t want it to be a just a `thing/moment` to jump start their own agenda!

I found some pictures. They were taken during the photo-shooting of this ads at the famous restaurant "Laperouse" in Paris. In addition to Zhou Xun and Dong Jie, Miu Miu used another Asian face, 太田莉菜 (Lina Ohta), a Japanese model. They all look gorgeous! Now I am really looking forward to seeing all the final pictures! ^_^

Pics from www.atnext.com

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 47
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 48
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 31
Dong Jie, she looks fantastic, very China doll looking! ^_^ I always think of her as one of the most beautiful young actresses in China.

Pic from www.atnext.com

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 40
My knowledge of chinese actresses is limited to zhang ziyi so bear with me:blush:
How tall and old are these girls?
i think they're perfect for miumiu but definately not prada,especially not the fall/winter collection cause the collection's too dark and the girls are too cute to pull something like that off.

btw, du juan, i believe, is 23, not 19 but the media tends to lie about models' ages and heights a lot :innocent:

I think it'll be a very cool and aestheticly pleasing campaign. It'll help to increase awareness of Miu Miu in China and also aid the Asian Revolution.

Is this the first big fashion campaign that features and all Asian cast?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mikishuki
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->