Models.com "Model of the Year Awards" 2016

sixtdaily

Reaction score
Models.com has opened the annual poll to vote for the Model of the Year.
Deadline for submitting your final votes is December 21st 2016. Click here to vote.

I thought it could be interesting to open a thread here on TFS to discuss the nominees, share our opinions on who deserves to win etc.
Below are the MDC nominees, but you can also vote for anyone else you want.

Model of the Year
The biggest and brightest star of 2016 aka the girl or guy who has distinguished themselves via top tier work with the best photographers, stylists and magazines, leaving the competition in the dust and standing out as the year's foremost star. Since the awards are voted on by a panel of industry insiders, this is also the model whose work has struck the biggest chord with fashion's elite.

MDC Nominees:
Ashley Graham
Bella Hadid
Gigi Hadid
Grace Hartzel
Irina Shayk
Kendall Jenner
Lexi Boling
Lineisy Montero
Mica Arganaraz
Rianne van Rompaey
Ruth Bell
Vittoria Ceretti

Model of the Year (Men)

MDC Nominees:
Adonis Bosso
Ben Allen
Clement Chabernaud
Francisco Lachowski
Jackson Hale
Jordan Barrett
Julian Schneyder
Lucky Blue Smith
Piero Mendez
Sang Woo Kim
Sung Jin Park
Xavier Buestel

Breakout Star
Like model of the year, the breakout star has had a substantial presence on the modeling scene, only their careers have just begun take off in the past several seasons. As a newcomer to the fashion industry, these rising stars have racked up coveted campaigns and impressive editorial work in a short period of time and are set to leave a lasting mark on the industry.

MDC Nominees:
Adwoa Aboah
Dilone
Grace Elizabeth
Hari Nef
Katherine Moore
Kiki Willems
Luna Bijl
Mayowa Nicholas
Odette Pavlova
Roos Abels
Selena Forrest
Yasmin Wijnaldum

Breakout Star (Men)

MDC Nominees:
Casil Mcarthur
Connor Newall
Diego Villarreal
Elias de Poot
Erik van Gils
Jegor Venned
Joep van de Sande
Kit Butler
Mitchell Slaggert
Naleye
Paul Hameline
Trevor Signorino

Social Media Star of the Year
If the past year has taught us anything it is that every tweet, Instagram photo and like adds up to a powerful presence within the world of fashion. These models have leveraged their followings into key bookings and heightened influence, inciting a media frenzy with each and every post.

MDC Nominees:
Ashley Graham
Bella Hadid
Cara Delevingne
Chrissy Teigen
Emily Ratajkowski
Gigi Hadid
Hailey Baldwin
Hari Nef
Irina Shayk
Jasmine Tookes
Karlie Kloss
Kendall Jenner

Social Media Star of the Year (Men)

MDC Nominees:
Andrea Denver
Cameron Dallas
Francisco Lachowski
Jon Kortajarena
Jordan Barrett
Lucky Blue Smith
Luka Sabbat
Matthew Noszka
Neels Visser
Pietro Boselli
River Viiperi
Stephen James

Humanitarian
Nothing is more important than giving back to the community and during the past year these models have inspired us all by putting charity first. Devoting their time, energy and celebrity to causes big and small, these women raise awareness and bring hope to those who need it most.

MDC Nominees:
Adwoa Aboah
Alek Wek
Cameron Russell
Christy Turlington
Doutzen Kroes
Herieth Paul
Karlie Kloss
Liya Kebede
Naomi Campbell
Natalia Vodianova
Sara Ziff
Toni Garrn

Best Streetstyle (Men and Women)
The sidewalk is the new catwalk and these models bring fashion to the streets with outlandish and eye-catching looks that have made them the girls to watch for off-duty style. Some have taken their street style prowess one step further, broadening their horizons by acting as stylist on editorial shoots.

MDC Nominees:
Anna Cleveland
Aymeline Valade
Binx Walton
Fei Fei Sun
Frederikke Sofie
Hanne Gaby Odiele
Hayett McCarthy
Irene Kim
Lexi Boling
Ming Xi
Soo Joo Park
Teddy Quinlivan

Best Celebrity as Model
Celebrities have become an unavoidable presence in luxury advertising, but certain stars are every bit as captivating as the models. Putting their posing skills to good use (often honed during their career beginnings as models) and bringing with them an air of Hollywood glamour, these are the celebrities who play the role of model with ease.

MDC Nominees:
Alicia Vikander
Cara Delevingne
Kaia Gerber
Kim Kardashian
Lady Gaga
Lea Seydoux
Lily Rose Depp
Rihanna
Rita Ora
Willow Smith
Zendaya
Zoe Kravitz

Best Celebrity as Model (Men)

MDC Nominees:
A$AP Rocky
Alan Jouban
Ansel Elgort
Anwar Hadid
Cameron Dallas
Dane Dehaan
Eddie Redmayne
Gabriel-Kane Day Lewis
Jaden Smith
James Jagger
Jared Leto
Presley Gerber

Source: models.com

Breakout Star for Men is god awful. No mention of Oscar Kindelan, Max Fieschi, Ville Sydfors, Benno Bulang - all "breakouts" from their previous articles. What the nominees look like to me is a bunch of Coach75 models put together (even that show Oscar Kindelan was a part of). Model of the Year (Men) also disastrous, where is Finnlay Davis? He is the TOP runway model with campaigns and editorials to back him up. The men nominees is god awful. Lucky Blue Smith? Seriously? Finnlay Davis has gigantic Coach posters everywhere where I'm from and all Lucky Blue Smith holds is an A4 size cardboard for Tom Ford Eyewear.

WOW, Vittoria is really a hit now! She didn't even get a nomination for breakout star last year and this year she just goes straightforward to "model of the year":smile:
Imo, Rianne van Rompaey should get Model of the Year cause her works are always stunning and she's probably got the most campaigns and vogue covers apart from Kendall Jenner and Gigi Hadid?(aka nepotism celebrities)And these two should be moved into "Best Celebrity as Model"
As for Breakout Star, I would like to vote for Vittoria Ceretti. She is obviously everywhere^^

My pick for model of the year is probably Grace or Rianne, although anyone is a worthy winner. I wouldn't say Bella, Gigi or Kendall are really models in an industry sense, they kind of operate somewhere between being models and celebrities, so i'll always pick a model model over them. Still, of the three, 2016 was definitely Bella's year, she went from third rate covers and Balmain cameos to being a bonafide super - all the right shows, a constant stream of top covers. Ashley Graham also had an amazing year, but i'm not sure her impact was as universal, in terms of both commercial and HF work, to warrant model of the year.

Can we still take that website serious though?

"Best celebrity as model" where can I choose for Bella, Gigi or Kendall?

Model of The Year: Rianne. Her print work was consistently exceptional; starring in some of the year's best campaigns, covers, and editorials. It is always a pleasure to see her name pop up on the forum because she always delivers and most times even gives more. She was by no means a top walker, but her showlist is the embodiment of quality of quantity. Rianne was one of the few bright moments from 2016.

Breakout Star: Adwoa.

As dull and rigged as the Academy Awards.

But yeah I'm with everyone else so far, Rianne for Model Of The Year. If Vittoria wins it I wouldn't so mad either.

Last edited by a moderator:
Im confused by the mens list, why isnt Sol Goss on there? He had a really great breakout year

I despise/can't care less about this awards as soon as I realised Kendull, Gigi and Bella are not in the "Best Celebrity as Model" category. Having said that, Rianne, Lexi and Vittoria all deserve to win the title.

Kit Butler deserves it, he has been everywhere.

Luna impressed me the most & will be modeling for a long time
Hope she wins

Heck even Dylan Roques can be a breakout star. After a season of being an exclusive for Dior Homme, the season after he shot up to 3rd on the runway rankings. He is also a favorite amongst backstage editorials appearing in almost all websites for major publications and some even made it to print. The male nominees are always a disappointment. Johan Kroon can also be a breakout star, one of the few Estonians or probably the only Estonian to walk for Burberry, editorials in ODDA magazine and Dior Homme advertorials for a Chinese magazine. Andrei Dobrin, Romanian model of the year, walked for Ann Demeulemeester, closed MSGM, MDCs own model of the week, he has potential.

Rianne and Ben Allen for Model of the year! Kit and Luna for Breakout Star!

Lol, it's not rigged, you don't have to vote for the noms you can write in whoever you want. those act as suggestions i think.

Oh, results came in faster than expected. The only wins I appreciate are the Smith children in the "celebrity as model" category.

Everything else is so...-_- Clement should've won Male model of the year at least.

The results are disappointing. Seriously disappointing. Not gonna trust models.com anymore.

CAN'T EVEN BELIEVE IT!!! That's OUTRAGEOUS.
I thought at least industry's vote wouldn't be occupied by a Hadid or Jenner. Two celebrities? Seriously???

HOW DISGUSTING MODEL.COM IS!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nocknock
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->