Models who didn't start that young

Hillary Rhoda started was discovered at 19
Her agent took her everywhere and no one wanted her until nicolas Ghesquiere cast her for his show, and then everyone wanted her.

BaroqueRockstar said:
Hillary Rhoda started was discovered at 19
Her agent took her everywhere and no one wanted her until nicolas Ghesquiere cast her for his show, and then everyone wanted her.
That's only when she started to get really big, though. Hilary already had a reasonably successful modeling career going way before she was cast for that Balenciaga show.

Plato's_Cave said:
That's only when she started to get really big, though. Hilary already had a reasonably successful modeling career going way before she was cast for that Balenciaga show.

That's very true, how old is she now? Or is she 19 at this time?
All this new high fashion hype about her makes everybody forget, or cover up that she had a commercial past before all this Balenciaga talk. She was in ads for abercrombie and ralph lauren.

Another model in this similar situation is Shannan Click, I believe she didnt hit high fashion until she was 21, or 22, going from Guess to Prada.
Still, the Guess ads weren't that far back, so she must have started around 19.

BaroqueRockstar said:
Emina Cumunlaj got into modeling after her husband told her to.
She got married at 19, so that's the earliest she could have started. She's 21 now
on her model of the week, she was still engaged. it was probably pretty soon after that she got married, since she was still 19, but she didnt begin modelling after she was married

also, i thought shannan was 23 now, and the prada campaign was a couple years ago, so she was 21?

masquerade said:
on her model of the week, she was still engaged. it was probably pretty soon after that she got married, since she was still 19, but she didnt begin modelling after she was married

also, i thought shannan was 23 now, and the prada campaign was a couple years ago, so she was 21?

That sounds about right.

I believe Mollie Gondi was 25 when Elite New York signed her. She's had a respectable career since then. Here is a link to her thread. I've included some photos below.

Sources: Elite New York, Why Not Model Agency, Success Models, Elite Barcelona
Mollie_73.jpg

Mollie_60.jpg

Mollie_46.jpg

Mollie_35.jpg

Mollie_04-1.jpg

Mollie_01.jpg

Katrin Thormann started after she finished university at 21. Liya didn't hit big till like 21 I believe. Arlenis got signed at the age of 19, and is still relatively fresh at the age of 20

I'm always amazed by the age of some models...

I'm 19 and if I compare myself to some models who are my age or younger I feel like a child because those girls have something very mature about their looks even though they still fresh young cute whatever they look very mature for their age somehow.

I think age doesn't matter its the way we look, just an example I can't believe Edita V. is one year older than me, I feel like a child compared to her (her pictures at least :D).

20 years-old is sooooo young I don't understand why it's considered old to get started in modeling ?!

how is that nobody mentioned Isabella Rosselinni, who didnt begin modelling until 28, or Dorian Leigh, who didnt begin until 26???

I found one! I'm buzzing lol. Kasia Struss was discovered in 2005. She is 24 now, so she was discovered when she was 18 and she went to finish high school before signing with a real agency two years later so she was basically 20 years old. And another good thing about her is she shortened her name making it easier to pronounce, I also think her name is nice. You find a lot of things on Wikipedia.

Also I know they got into modelling from a young age but they didn't make it big in the fashion industry until age 20 for Abbey Lee Kershaw and I think it was 24 for Lara Stone according to Wikipedia :smile:

And wow Kati Nescher at the age of 26 or 27 according to NY magazine and her profile on there. I might be spending a lot of my free time on that site, it's great when you see 'miracles' in the fashion industry like older models who are newcomers or models that started off at an older age than the typical 14-16 year old starters.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericqn
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->