Models who didn't start that young

KhaoticKharma said:
Carolyn Murphy was 19... ancient in fashion terms.

you'r right...
she start modeling at 16 on her local place, but she did her big debut on the runways and on big magazines at 19:wink:

isnt Flavia around 27, and she just started doing big shows s/s 06

masquerade said:

I just read off her thread that she was like 21 in 2005.

Flavia is 21 yo, opened YSL show and has an edit in Vogue Italy.

She looks older though. In the New Metallic editorial with Boyd, she looks very maternal.

J'ador-DioR said:
^She was about 23/24

Liya made it big in her early 20's.

liya was in a teen vogue edit when she was 19, so i am pretty sure she started at 18...

I'm so happy to read this about models and ages :D I got on set at 7am and spent the first hour consoling the 16 year old model, away from home and about to go to Paris alone. Her agency told her she had to go to Paris now as her look is really hot and if she leaves it too long she might not get her chance of discovery..... My only consolation was that there will be lots of other girls there in her same situation. But why now? what about school? I think 18 shouldn't be too old to start modelling, but what if your look isn't hot anymore and it's too late.....:(

masquerade said:

she's modelling for afew time already... she did Dick S. FW02 if i'm not mistaken

Morgane started at 19 or 20 i don't remember well.

yourbestfriend said:
Yasmin's time was only a few years ago, she came out at the same time as other young models like Jessica Stam, Heather Marks, and Julia Stegner...

Really? :shock: Than, I'm definately confusing her with some other model...:blush:

As for Marija, she is 21, or 22 now..
and still awesome B)

And why wouldn't she be hot at 22 ? She has a lot of time ahead of her to be hot, also...:wink:

^ I checked out her thread just now, and it says she was born in July 1983, so, no...

I like grown-up and edgy models, rather than young and cute...

yourbestfriend said:
I thought Marla was 24 when she started?
I'm not sure. Here it says she was discovered in 2003, and I've seen her DOB listed as 1981 in several places, and she was referred to as a 24 yr-old last year. But of course that doesn't mean she can't be older. I just did the math, based on the assumption that it was her real age. :smile:

i'm not sure but i beleive that Elize Combrez started at 19.

Anouck Lepere started modeling at the request of her friends, Dries van Noten and Olivier Theyskens, whom she met in college. That, of course, means she started in college- quite old in terms of modeling. :flower:

Vlada Rosylakova started when she was 17 or 18.
At least that's what she said.

Emina Cumunlaj got into modeling after her husband told her to.
She got married at 19, so that's the earliest she could have started. She's 21 now

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moonandluna
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->