Modern day Disney princesses land at Harrods

As far as Sketches, Elie Saab's looks like any gown from his previous 3-4 HC collections, nothing special. Marchesa is so simple, surprising coming from them, they could have gotten someone else. The Valentino looks promising but based on the two twits who lead the house, it will probably turn out horrible. Oscar De La Renta is too literal. I don't really see Rapunzel in the Jenny Packman one. Isn't she blonde? Roberto Cavalli's is perfect. They could have chosen someone else for Jasmin, Escada's design looks to simple. I'm pleasantly surprised by Missioni's Mulan, can't wait to see the final creation. Ralph and Russo are too simple as well. Nothing special. Cinderella looks great in Versace, a great interpretation that is both Versace (the corset) but very Cinderella/Disney with the skirt.

They could have gotten Jean Paul Gaultier, Ricardo Risci, Peter Dundas, Giambattista Valli maybe Sarah Burton to create something.

Last edited by a moderator:
By "Custom" They mean......Old Reworks?

Elie Saab Spring 2012
00210fullscreen.jpg

Marchesa Resort 2012
21fullscreen.jpg

style.com

Its just so tacky.......Bad execution. The set design is atrocious, the dresses just get lost.

Last edited by a moderator:
The set designs makes the finished pieces better than I expected....The princess and the frog works best imo - but then probably bc of the simplicity.

Shame Jasmine looks so...stiff...I know she is a mannequin but dont tell me they couldnt have used custom hands ect....the oxford st zara store has better 'model' looking mannequins *lol*

I'm pretty sure the mannequins are Rootstein. Maybe a custom paint job though...

Saw it in person yesterday. Roberto Cavalli/Pocahontas looks amazing. So does the Ellie Saab dress

Actually, this is kitsch at its best. It's all rather tacky, especially the Versace, but it's the guilty pleasure that all women will never admit loving.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
terarcher1111
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->