Disney's Year of a Million Dreams by Annie Leibovitz

that MAN as Peter Pan... :( just plain WRONG!

ok i like the idea that they didn't take just celebs that lookalike the Disney characters, but that have something in common with the story or smth, but this... :/

and, when did JLo take the pic? aint she pregannt for a while..?

Disney's Ad Campaign

I think these are so lovely and fanciful that I wanted to start a thread. I believe my scans here include 2007 as well as the beginnings of 2008.

#1 - Beyonce Knowles, Lyle Lovett & Oliver Platt
#2 - David Beckham
#3 - Scarlett Johansson
#4 - Julie Andrews , Abigail Breslin
#5 - Rachel Weisz
#6 - Roger Federer
#7 - Gisele Bundchen, Tina Fey, Mikhail Baryshnikov
#8 - Jennifer Lopez, Mark Anthony
#9 - Jessica Biel
#10 - Whoopi Goldberg

I can understand Julie Andrews - she's like a Disney product by now - but how did they get all these other people in this campaign.. Lots of money I suppose..

I would've loved Lucy Liu as Pocahontas
or someone else
but not Jessica Biel!
She doesn't look like Pocahontas at all!!!

these ads have been hit or miss, mostly miss, beyonce as alice = :sick:, but i do like snow white and julianne moore as the little mermaid...

In 2007, to help promote the first Year of A Million Dreams at its parks, Disney partnered with world famous photographer Annie Leibovitz to create the Disney Dream Portraits series. The first series featured celebrities Scarlett Johansson as Cinderella, David Beckham as Price Phillip, and and an Alice tea cups themed shot with Beyonce, Oliver Platt, and Lyle Lovett.

There have been five or series more series released since then which I’ve chronicled over on its own Dream Portrait side-blog.

Today’s photos continue this popular series featuring, and, feature some of Hollywood’s funny guys. First, Russell Brand is presented as the villain from Peter Pan, Captain Hook. The caption reads, “Where every moment leaves you hungry for more.”

7MWJt.jpg

Next is one that I think will become a favorite of mine – The Hitchhiking Ghosts from Walt Disney’s Haunted Mansion. Comedians Jack Black, Will Ferrell and Jason Segel a featured as Phineas, Ezra and Gus. The caption reads, “Where you can go on the ride of your afterlife.”

vg0fL.jpg

Sadly, Disney has only released these in a small format for now. You really need to see these full screen to get all the detail that Leibovitz puts into the scenes. Alas, I think you’ll have to wait until they hit the stands in magazines for larger versions.

Fans have been clamoring to have these photos produced as posters. Hopefully that will happen, it also occurs to me that there are now enough Dream Portraits and supporting materials to publish a book. Someone get this done ASAP.

thedisneyblog.com

These are from last year..
As Disney Parks invites guests to Let the Memories Begin, spectacular new images were unveiled today featuring the work of acclaimed photographer Annie Leibovitz. The portraits star Penelope Cruz as Belle and Jeff Bridges as the transformed prince from Beauty and the Beast, Queen Latifah as the villainous Ursula from The Little Mermaid, and Olivia Wilde as the Evil Queen with Alec Baldwin as the Spirit of the Magic Mirror from Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. The three Disney Dream Portrait images are the latest to be commissioned by Disney, which debuted the successful series of celebrities set in Disney fantasy settings in 2007. These are the first new images to debut since 2009 and the first to include Disney villains.

Penelope Cruz and Jeff Bridges appear as Belle and the transformed prince, recalling the final scene from Beauty and the Beast. The celebratory moment’s tagline reads, “Where a moment of beauty lasts forever.”

“After the incredible response of Disney fans to Annie’s amazing work, we couldn’t be more excited to share these stunning new images,” says Tom Staggs, chairman, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. “Annie has captured Disney experiences that evoke nostalgia and transport viewers to faraway magical places which is why they have generated so much enthusiasm and affection.”
Asked by Disney Parks to continue lending her vision to the successful campaign, Leibovitz has created inspired images of Disney fantasy come to life. Her photographs for the campaign embody the captivating, narrative style indicative of her world-renowned work. Each image features a scene with well-known celebrities transformed into the role of famous Disney characters.

As the Spirit of the Magic Mirror, Alec Baldwin joins Olivia Wilde as the Evil Queen from Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. In the dark depths of her lair, the Queen has summoned the mirror’s spirit through wind and darkness to reveal the identity of a lovelier maid than she. The tagline reads, “Where magic speaks, even when you’re not the fairest of them all.” “I’ve wanted to work with Annie my entire career,” says Wilde. “I was overwhelmed when I heard I could have this chance. This is such a great idea; to pair some of the most iconic characters from all our childhoods with the photographer who is so good at capturing icons, and that’s why I think this Disney-Leibovitz collaboration works so well together.” she added.

Queen Latifah comes ashore as the Sea Witch, Ursula, from The Little Mermaid. The tagline reads, “Where memories take hold and never let go.” “I was excited about doing this project,” says Queen Latifah. “Villains get to have all the fun!”

The portraits will appear as a special insert in the April issues of O — The Oprah Magazine, People en Español, Real Simple, Essence, and InStyle as well as the March 28 issue of People.

Visit the Disney Parks Blog, the official blog for the Disneyland Resort, Walt Disney World Resort and Disney Cruise Line for more information.

As the Spirit of the Magic Mirror, Alec Baldwin joins Olivia Wilde as the Evil Queen from Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. The tagline reads, "Where magic speaks, even when you're not the fairest of them all."

Queen Latifah comes ashore as the Sea Witch, Ursula, from The Little Mermaid. The tagline reads, "Where memories take hold and never let go."
Penelope Cruz and Jeff Bridges appear as Belle and the transformed prince, recalling the final scene from Beauty and the Beast. The celebratory moment's tagline reads, "Where a moment of beauty lasts forever."
disney.go.com, igeektrooper.com

Last edited by a moderator:

Johnny Depp appears as Captain Jack Sparrow and Patti Smith as the Second Pirate in Command: “Where magic sets sail and adventures become legendary.”

sassisamblog.com

From 2009, Zac Efron & Vanessa Hudgens as Prince Phillip and Princess Aurora.

vanessahudgenszacefrona.jpg

obamapacman.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JanEscher
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->