Moroccan Oil - Argan Tree Oil

Suburban Snob

Reaction score
I've been seeing and hearing a lot of positive things about Moroccan Oil products. There seems to be a huge buzz surrounding them as the next miracle - gotta - have products.

Has anyone here tried them? There are various products in the line - the original oil, masks and creams. I hear they are particularly good for colored, dry, frizzy hair - which sadly is my hair type.

I currently use and love Kerastase Oleo Relax products but am always on the hunt for the next best thing!

Would love to hear any personal experiences with them!

The website is http://www.moroccanoil.com/

165-Moroccan_09_Prouduct_MDY_PA.embedded.prod_affiliate.56.JPG

credit: miamiherald.com

hi
am moroccan and have been using oil for my hair since i was a kid.
u don t need to have colored, damaged hair to use it.
it does make ur hair thicker and stronger.
have u tried Argan oil. it s THE miracle oil for hair and skin including the face.

Hmmm this sounds good especially since I had my hair bleached twice then dyed! Does it make your hair look oily, or does it sink in?

i was reading yesterday mexican Instyle and they had Salma Hayek in the cover, the they wrote about all the clothes and products she used for the shoot and there was moroccan oil, they said the stylist blew her hair with a blow dryier then used some of the oil to give it an extra shine and her hair looks really good, not oily at all.

salmainstyle.jpg
quien.com
this is us instyle but they just recycled the cover for the mexican version (i hate it when they do that:angry:)

i usually put it on my hair about an hour before i shower, that s how it s been done for years.
moroccan oil is argan tree oil.
it s good for dry skin, i use it on my face too

i love the oil one. it's just amazing! i love the smell of it. and it leaves my hair so soft and smelling amazing

So I bought Moroccan Oil the other day at Harmon's and I LOVE it! It is brown oil, which is different from the clear oil I was using by Kerastase.

My hair is really shiny and silky, love it! Worth the $35!

Should give it a try, I've heard many good things about it! Does it ship international?

how odd to see a thread on this product. I'd never heard of it before but when I was at a new hairdressers last week she gave me a small sample of the oil because I was talking about how dry my hair was getting. She told me I could wash my hair, wring it out as much as possible, and then put the oil on, put a shower cap/plastic bag on my hair, and leave it for 20 minutes, and then wash it out for extra conditioning. She used it on me at the salon in the same way for Salma at the InStyle shoot and honestly, it helped SO much. I've never had dry hair before, so I'm at a loss at what to do with it, and for a week my hair was back to its old self. It's definitely not greasy.

I bought two bottles of Argan oil.
One where the beans had been roasted - for salads etc
and another 'plain' to massage on my skin.. .. and to put on my hair I just discovered :woot:

Oooh whats it smell like?
Deborah I would describe it as smelling 'nutty'.

I heard wonder things about Moroccan oil. Then I saw the price:lol:. I'm glad to see it lives up to the hype.

I have ordered some. There is aparcel at the post office for me so maybe thats it. Its hair washing day tomorrow as well so fingers crossed!

u guys, make sure it s oil for hair cuz you can eat it too. it s so yummy with bread

I was reading somewhere that it has a tendency to block pores..never tried it on hair but will definitely give it a go.

well good. because we moroccans usually get one for hair, another one to eat and use to tan.
it s really good for everything even for the face

Yeah I tried some on my face last night and I love how its not shiny like most iols its more matt.

Right I would like to say I love this stuff so much that I have just ordered a bigger bottle of it!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ellaboyce
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->