Most Important Runway Shows by City

^^The thread you mean is view-count based right? Its is more a public popularity poll than anything. I'd really love to see a runway scoring thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Marni should definitely be ranked higher than Gianfranco, DSquared, Armani, and Moschino. I would put it somewhere in the top 8. I feel like this list is quite subjective depending on who looks at it, if it were up to me the lists would be switched around some more. I honestly would rather see it in alphabetical order since it can kind of be up for debate.

For New York I'd definitely add Altuzarra to the list since it's cast by Michelle Lee. Y-3 is cast by Maida and Rami so that should be on there too. Also Diesel Black Gold, Prabal Gurung and as someone else has said Rag & Bone.

^ Agreed on all four of those shows. I would also rank Ungaro much lower than where is now above Dries and JPG.

I feel like Anna Sui is too low. She always pulls established faces and current top girls along with some cool newbies.

By the way, which models have gained some momentum after walking Anita’s Balenciaga? Or even Wang's show… Their only success has been Aymeline, and she has never been that ‘top’.

Milou van Groesen, Kirstin Kragh Liljegren, Maja Salamon, Kremi Otashliyska, Yulia Serzhantova, Erjona Ala. (I think that's all of them.)

Milou van Groesen, Kirstin Kragh Liljegren, Maja Salamon, Kremi Otashliyska, Yulia Serzhantova, Erjona Ala. (I think that's all of them.)

Irina Kravchenko

JW Anderson should also be added to the list

Wait, that's Ashley's Balenciaga.

Add Haider Ackermann.

Didn't Nadja Bender open the FW12 Alexander Wang show? I guess her and Aymeline are the most successful of the bunch.

Anita started casting Balenciaga last season when Wang debuted.

StoneSkipper, it was Ghesquière who was at the helm of the house back then... I know most of those models had their debuts with Ghesquière. I meant with Wang, although it's true he has been there for only two seasons, but I don't think his castings are that strong... Ewers hasn't even been that successful.

But now that you mention it, I think Ghesquière and Ashley's castings were more relevant than those of Wang and Anita.

Irina Kravchenko debuted and opened Wang SS13. Anna Ewers just happened this season no one knows how long she'll stick around

Didn't Nadja Bender open the FW12 Alexander Wang show? I guess her and Aymeline are the most successful of the bunch.

I've realized that Aymeline debuted with Ghesquière...

Irina's big break was the Prada campaign, though.

I've realized that Aymeline debuted with Ghesquière...

Irina's big break was the Prada campaign, though.

I totally forgot! Thanks for reminding me!

To add to the discussion, I definitely think that Gucci is the most important show out of all the cities. It's really hard for a new girl to get in, and even when she does, she only gets 1 outfit. A lot of that girls have caught my attention I noticed at Gucci first like Katya R, Lin K etc

Balmain used to be very important and extremely difficult to walk for, but the casting has become very weak with only a few top girls.

I don't get the hype for shows like Prada, Balenciaga etc

Balmain under Christophe was always the hardest show to book for a new face, now it's pretty much 50/50 on established girls and new faces rather than 90/10 like how it used to be. I wouldn't mind the former if only the new faces they selected actually fit the brand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turnipcookie
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->