Nail Polish #2

Those Strange Beautiful's nail polishes look really interesting. I like the whole conceptual thing even if some are a little bizarre. :lol:

Anyone tried Maybelline's line of Color Show polishes? I ran across them the other day and the color selection impressed me, and for a plus they were super cheap. I'm curious on the quality.

wieniawski.blogspot.com

I've never seen those before! Must not be out in Australia yet, but its a decent colour selection, looks like there is something for everyone there!:smile:
As for the quality of Maybelline polishes I HAVE used, I will say nails isn't Maybellines speciality, but it was pretty good for the price. It's not OPI quality, but not bad either!

I find Maybelline nail polishes to be very hit and miss. I've concluded that the reddish and pinkish shades tend to be better than the funkier colors. I had a pink one from the 'Colorama' range and that one was so easy to apply and lasted forever without chipping. Had a blue and a teal colored one from the same line and those were a mess. The quality of the ones from the cheaper MNY line is always terrible,btw.

I love the seafoam green color and the dark blue (next to the lime green one) in that 'Color Show' picture!

I'm looking for something similar to this nude nail polish, any recommendations? I hope Dior would re-released Nude Chic shade.

2ephkjo.jpg

thebeautylookbook.com

Last edited by a moderator:
^^Maybe Dior Safari Beige, Rimmel French Cafe, MAC Abalone Shell or OPI Samoan Sand?:flower: I suggest you check out OPI, they have amazing nude palette!

^Thank you Isa. I've googled your suggestions and I think OPI Samoan Sand looks great. It's little bit yellowish then the Dior one but still it's a perfect shade for me. :smile:

Anyone tried Maybelline's line of Color Show polishes? I ran across them the other day and the color selection impressed me, and for a plus they were super cheap. I'm curious on the quality.

I picked up 'Born With It' the other day which is a pale pink and 'Dressed To Kill' which is like a red wine colour, and I didn't like them at all. They were very runny and they dried streaky. It also started chipping the very next day... I was not impressed at all. Maybe it's just the colours that I tried. :ermm:

It's a shame because they are so inexpensive and they have such an amazing array of colours.

OPI Germany Collection Fall 2012

Berlin There Done That:heart:

Danke-Shiny Red

Deutsche You Want Me Baby

Don't Pretzel My Buttons

Don't Talk Bach To Me

Every Month Is Oktoberfest

My Very First Knockwurst

Nein! Nein! Nein! Ok Fine!

Schnapps Out Of It!

Suzi and the 7 Düsseldorfs

Unfor-Greta-bly Blue

scrangie.com

China Glaze On Safari Collection Fall 2012

Adventure Red-y- lovely red!

Call of the Wild

Desert Sun

Elephant Walk

Exotic Encounters

I Herd That

I'm Not Lion

Jungle Queen- my favourite. Another dupe for Chanel Paradoxal.

Kalahari Kiss

Man Hunt

Prey Tell

Purr-fect Plum- it really is perfect.B)

scrangie.com

Huge thanks for posting all those :heart:
Will try to add "Nein! Nein! Nein! Ok Fine!", "Elephant Walk", "Jungle Queen" and "Purr-fect Plum" to my collection, those are amazing! I also like all of the Essie ones.

You're welcome!:heart: I want Jungle Queen, Adventure Red-y and Puurfect Plum. Do you know that ChG nail polishes cost only 2, 99$ on nailsupplies.us? But the postage is 23$ for 9 nail polishes.:cry:

These are also gorgeous:

Urban Night :woot:
china-glaze-metro-uptown-urban-night_02.jpg

the-swatchaholic.com

Traffic Jam
ChG%2BTraffic%2BJam3.jpg

same source

Gosh, I love taupe shades, but I have so many of them. :doh: Below Deck
chinaglaze_anchorsaway018.jpg
temtalia.com

And last but not least: Zoya Neeka :wub: It's been on my wishlist since forever.

makeupwithdrawal.com

scrangie.com

And Petra. And Jana. :ninja:

Oh, and today I got these two, Orly Wild Wisteria and China Glaze Bermuda Breakaway::shifty:
wildwisteria2.jpg

all-you-desire.com
bermudabreakawaynew.jpg

scrangie.com

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm visiting London in two weeks and I would really appriciate if someone could tell me where could I buy Sache Vite Top Coat there?

It's also available in Fortnum & Mason and in some branches of Boots. It can be quite difficult to get hold of, though, as (I think) Seche Vite contains toluene which is banned inside the European Union.

Really love the Essie fall collection. 'Recessionista' is gorgeous.

Lamia, have you tried Essie Good 2 Go? I'd recommend G2G rather than Seche Vite. Many girls complain about it that's too thick and almost impossible to apply.:unsure:

OPI James Bond Skyfall Collection
jamesbond.jpg

phoenixbeautylounge.wordpress.com, madmoizelle.com

^No I haven't but I will definately try it out now that you've said :smile: Thanks girls :flower:

Isa, I use Good 2 Go too :flower: It's really good and I'd definitely also recommend it. The health warnings associated with Seche Vite really scared me off of the product, haha.

Not sure how I feel about the Skyfall collection. Tomorrow Never Dies, Moonraker and Skyfall look interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->