Nataša Čagalj Exits Ports 1961

tatouejeremie

Reaction score
MILAN — Ports 1961 is parting ways with its women’s creative director Nataša Čagalj.
A Central Saint Martins graduate, the designer joined the company in 2014 as creative director, succeeding Fiona Cibani, who held the role for four years.
“We are very grateful to Nataša for the outstanding work achieved during her tenure and wish her a bright future,” said Ports 1961 vice president Marc Boelen in a statement where the brand also highlighted Čagalj’s strategic role in kicking off a new chapter for the brand, “combining luxurious fabrics with a modern design.”
Čagalj unveiled her last collection for the Ports 1961 label last February with a runway show at London Fashion Week.
Prior to joining Ports 1961, Čagalj worked with Nino Cerruti and Peter Speliopoulos when he was appointed creative director of Cerruti Arte in Paris. She was then Alber Elbaz’s right-hand designer at Lanvin until she moved in 2005 to Stella McCartney, where she was head of design until 2012.
According to Ports 1961, a successor will be named soon.
Previously designed by creative director Milan Vukmirovic, the brand’s men’s line was discontinued last year and replaced with Ports V, which includes bi-monthly, unisex capsules. Vukmirovic is the creative director of the new brand.
Founded

wwd.com

DXJvqTxg_o.gif

tenor

^ Tha's a shame,. because she is very talented, and did a great job, I hope someone snaps her up, she deserves a top job!

^ Tha's a shame,. because she is very talented, and did a great job, I hope someone snaps her up, she deserves a top job!
i agree, for me her work got lost a bit when she started doing shows instead of lookbooks.

the article sounds like she was let go, which is a stupid move because there really was nothing wrong with the product. ports is just another mismanaged company.

i agree, for me her work got lost a bit when she started doing shows instead of lookbooks.

the article sounds like she was let go, which is a stupid move because there really was nothing wrong with the product. ports is just another mismanaged company.

I also agree that the clothes looked more appealing in lookbooks but that also just mean that they’re also much more deceiving when presented in real life (photoshop and whatnot)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bybeasilva
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->