Next Top Model: Successes and Failures

xxOceanEyesxx

Reaction score
hey lovelies! I'm planning on making an entry in my blog about Next Top Model success stories and I'd love to have your help.

Right now I know of a few:

Ksenia Kakhnovich was on Russia's Next Top Model Cycle One, and in SS 08 she has already done shows like josh goot, rachel comey, y&kei, tuleh, carolina herrera, mary hing, l'wren scott, Katy Rodriguez, naeem khan, doo.ri, and vera wang!

sabina karlsson is a personal favorite of mine. she was on sweden's next top model and has done, in SS08: abaete, cynthia steffe, chaiken, milly, lerario beatriz, brian reyes, tracy reese, sabyasachi, betsey johnsen, heatherette, and more.

mollie sue steenis was an ANTM cycle 6 contestant and has done a couple of low profile shows which I'll try and figure out.

dani evans, winner of ANTM cycle 6, has done Jenni Kayne and angel/devil for SS 08.

suvi koponen was the winner of what most call Finland's next top model, although it's simply called 'Model School' there. she has obvious success!

sanne nijhof was in sweden's next top model cycle three and has had mention at style.com, but has done no shows as of yet.

jaslene gonzales, winner of ANTM cycle 8, recently walked for Gen Art SS08. for some reason, she has a bit more credibility than other american winners, and has the affection of COACD's douglas perret.

help me out, figure out some more? :smile: :heart:

Mollie Sue also did the Diesel campaign and was in Vogue Nippon. :flower:

Sanne Nijhof was the winner of Holland's Next Top Model Cycle 1, not SwedishNTM cycle 3 :P And she won Ford Supermodel of the World 2006. However, she seems to have disappeared from the Ford board again :(

Alice Burdeu winner of Australia's Next Top Model 3 was on the cover of Vogue Australia (an editorial in Vogue was actually her prize, but she got the cover on her own)

oluchi was the winner of the mnet face of africa which is more like africas next top model her success speaks for itself

Hana Nitsche, second runner-up of Germany's Next Topmodel, was signed to some big agencies, such as Karin Paris, before the show. After the show, she walked alongside big names in Mango RTW 08, and she got picked up by IMG Paris.

Emmanuelle Montaud, runner up of the first cycle of France's version, "Top Model 2005", has done work for YSL, Gucci, and Chanel. She was a favorite of Karl Lagerfeld, who met her on the show. Emmanuelle is with Marilyn Paris (which was the winner's agency), Mega Berlin, and Three D Cape Town.

Lena Meier achieved 5th place on Germany's Next Topmodel, cycle 1. After the show, she was picked up by Ford Paris, Elite Milan (though she just switched to Fashion Milan), Francina Barcelona, Looque Singapore, Louisa Hamburg/Munich, and Action Athens. She did Paris FW 2006 and Mango, to name a few.

Elyse Sewell, second runner-up of America's first cycle, is pretty much considered the staple "girl who's successful after the show". She lives in HK now, and she's gotten a LOT of work there, including a Harper's Bazaar cover.

Ann Markley, third runner-up of America's third cycle, got signed to Elite immediately after the show. She's done a lot of work that I don't even really know about, lol!

Girls to watch in Europe this season (from NTM shows:(

London:
Ivana Honzova, winner of "Slovakia's Next Top Model" (though it's technically not really part of the franchise), has gotten signed to Elite Prague/Bratislava as well as Independent (formerly ICM) London, where she got a showcard. Hopefully, we'll see her during London SS 08!

Maria Eilersten, winner of Norway's NTM 4, is signed to Take2 London (where she got a showcard), View Barcelona, and Modelwerk Hamburg.

Milan:
Lena Meier (see above) confirmed that she's doing Milan this season.

Paris:
Hana Nitsche (see above) Hopefully, she'll get a showcard with IMG this season. She walked for Talbot Runhof last season as part of GNTM.

Hope this helps! :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know if you mean strictly Next Top Model's, but if you mean just model search reality-shows from the Australian show "Search for a Supermodel" there's Nicole Trunfio (winner for Season 3), Tiah Eckhardt (finalist/contestant Season 3), and Gemma Ward (was in regionals round of Season 3, but didn't make it to the finals/contestant round)

Last edited by a moderator:
Great thread!

Suvi Koponen definitely. :flower: She's phenomenal. I'm not grateful for all of these ANTM-like shows, but I'm grateful for her.

Eh whats the point of this thread, it's like a mish mash of all the NTM threads.

Another girl to watch for in Milan is Andrea Lichtenberg (first contestant eliminated on Germany's Next Topmodel, Cycle 1)!

Her showcard at Fashion Milano:
Fashionanreaaa.jpg

Source: Fashion Milan

Elyse Sewell, second runner-up of America's first cycle, is pretty much considered the staple "girl who's successful after the show". She lives in HK now, and she's gotten a LOT of work there, including a Harper's Bazaar cover.
I remember her....in fact i really liked her. :heart:

Gemma Sanderson the first winner of AusNTM has done quite well, nothing in the success of Alice of Suvi, but has worked in Milan and New York and Germany and has done almost every fashion campaign in australia and lots of magazines as well.

Barbara Meier - the WINNER of Germanys next top model, cycle 2 ( 2007)

Shes doing pretty good for a NTM winner and has done a bunch of international and national kinds of jobs, including various eds ( Vogue Taiwan, Madame Figaro Russia,L'Officiel, etc.), ads ( 'Cést comme ca', caractere, 'save the queen', etc.), Pantene ProV campgane and many others.

Janina-Katharina Küppner from the first issue of GNTM is really succesfull !

She got the Roberto Cavalli Vodka Fragrance campaign in 2007

The contest Suvi won, wasn`t only called Model school here, it`s a whole different format. I think it was much more realistic version, though there wasn`t really competition to Suvi.They made also second season, winner was Sanni, I don`t remember her last name. I don`t even know if she models anymore.

Last spring we got our first Finland`s next top model, based on Tyra Banks format, Ani Alitalo. She has thread here, but she hasn`t done much work.

Germany's Next Top Model:
I don't want to say the other don't have any success at all but Barbara Meier seems the only girl getting constantly jobs on a good level. Not only 1 good job per year like some of the others but good jobs from time to time. She's for sure the most successful of those who took part of this competition.

International:
Suvi is probably the most successful of all those who ever won! She's doing great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Inale
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->