Nicola Formichetti Named Creative Director of Thierry Mugler

it's going to be all ridiculous proportions, vacuum formed leather, high shoes and gaga....i think i'd rather not see the show...remember mugler for what it was...

^ But Mugler was also ridiculous proportions, vacuum leather and high shoes and something tells me Thierry Mugler would love Lady Gaga.

oh yes he loves Gaga, and the new Mugler is just about to start, so I guess it's good that Gaga try gather to people to see what would happen to the brand... but if Nicola does it great for like four or five collections( let's just pray he could stay that long :lol:), and Gaga is still the face of Mugler, I will be totally pissed off.
at least Raquel is a better face than Gaga since that superwoman has too many things to do on stage, and Mugler under Gaga's explosure can be only an H&M or even worse ( umm, for me it's HangTen or some Mariah Carey exclusive clothing line). without the mistery part, it's just a drag queen costume trash boutique.

Last edited by a moderator:
I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE Gaga but what on earth is she doing modeling for Mugler? For Christ' Sake, stick to making music, and Formichetti, stop puting Gaga everywhere you go. His talent should be enough to create enough hype

considering lady gaga just bought his entire fall/winter 2011-2012 collection lock, stock, and barrel (the mind soars with how much money that involves), one can safely say that he's got a long lease on life at this house if he keeps it up.

last night in paris. so exited for end of JUNE, MUGLER MENS s/s & MUGLER WOMENS s/s precollection !! NYC tomorrow!
twitter

does that mean that they are showing Mugler Resort tomorrow? or is that saying he's going to NYC tomorrow and the collections won't be here till end of June?

He meant Mugler Men and Mugler resort comes june. Makes sense. Men's fashion week is next month.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is an utter disappointment.

They could at least try to keep some of Thierry Mugler's DNA and aesthetics in the brand and not come off as severely watered down version. Why bother reviving the brand if you're not going to do it justice.

Thierry's craftsmanship and detail were untouchable. Yes it was provocative, a bit left field but it had a certain charm and behind each piece (specially his Haute Couture) had some sort of reasoning or meaning, not just showing t*ts and a** for the hell of it.

The thing that has bugged me the most about all this is that Formichetti acknowledges that he can't follow Thierry's footsteps and just said "F*ck it, I'm just gonna do my own little thing"

Seriously? It comes off to me as just another game for him, and adding in Gaga does not help either. Any bimbo can throw in pieces of fabric together, twist some things here and there and take off some fabric from the chest and viola it's provocative but just for the sake of it. It's mostly hype more than anything.

I would rather see the brand left alone and remember it for what it was as opposed to it being tarnished, now all the people (specially Gaga's little followers) who didn't know anything about Thierry Mugler will just think that what Formichetti is doing is what the brand really represented.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->