1970s-1990s Thierry Mugler

2ilkeav.jpg

24l7t3r.jpg

o107q1.jpg

ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com

I believe they are from Marie Claire. Anyways, these are some of the costumes from Beyonce's tour. Also, I know Thierry looks kinda freakish in this photoshoot but I would totally...well nevermind..lol

Thanks for posting that.

I like the first outfit a lot. The second one is kind of Balmain-esque, but I still don't mind it. The third one is certainly a lot of look, but, for what it is and for what it is for, it's acceptable.

And yeah...Thierry (or what is it that he said he wanted to be called from now on...Bruno or something like that?:innocent:) is super freaky looking nowadays.:shock: Marc Jacobs should learn a lesson from Mr. Mugler...you can keep your weight training Marc, but DO NOT, under any circumstances take it any further!:lol:

beyonce is too curvy for that...........she looks like a cheap wh*re in it.......

not very sophisticated....she better should wear versace,dolce or cavalli.....

Mugler on the other hand, is a vision.

If only cheap, trashy whores actually looked like that. If only.

Last edited by a moderator:
beyonce is too curvy for that...........she looks like a cheap wh*re in it.......

not very sophisticated....she better should wear versace,dolce or cavalli.....

I mean, Thierry Mugler is zero sophisticated, every woman wearing Mugler looks like a wh*re :lol:

But even between whores there are classes.

Indian actress Sonam Kapoor in a vintage Thierry Mugler cocktail dress:

i402713276676.jpg

sonam-kapoor.net

I :heart: Thierry.

While I'm glad that he is finally being remembered, I'm upset that such a genius had to be forgotten in the first place while others quoted him left and right:angry: . And THIS is what should immediately come to mind with regards to a futuristic/space theme...none of the recent collections even come close to having a vision as singular and unforgettable as his.

Anyway, thanks for this thread, and that is an AMAZING leather jacket jennifer!:shock:

Agreed! And I think what you said now is even more relevant with Lady Gaga and Haus of Gaga re-creating some of his designs as well as Hussein Chalayan's Spring 2007 Bubble dress and gaining all the credit. I think Fashion is too...liberal with the "Futuristic" label, because looking back on his designs from 1970-the 1990s. THAT was futurism. Everyone else is just replicating what he did, when it's already been done. :angry:

I absolutely love the communist-inspired pieces Mugler did that I came across completely accidentally earlier. It's the perfect collection for my research.

I love his designs so much, so unique and remind me of the crazy 90's aesthetic I admired when I was a child. Definitely join the petition of Thierry re-opening his house!

A few images I scanned from Thierry Mugler: Fashion Fetish Fantasy, 1998.

4434613490_07137518ea_b.jpg

4434611416_28d6b7cab7_b.jpg

4434608560_5c03601310_b.jpg
4433830039_a41a985bd5_b.jpg

All photographs by Thierry Mugler.

PS. I'm terribly sorry for the large sizes of the images, I haven't figured out the proper way to post them smaller.

PPS. I'm sure everyone can see the fantastic quality of my scanner. What with the recurring line going through each image. Again, my apologies.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dm4048a
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->