Mugler & Nicola Formichetti Parts Way *Update* Moved to Diesel

I was literally just thinking "I wish Thierry would just come back already!" and look, he is! The best new I've read all week!!!

Is this good fashion news week? I'm absolutely thrilled with his comeback. Hopefully he can bring this house back.

I can't help but feel like Thierry being back at his own label confirms my suspicions of this growing thirst for some electricity jolted back into fashion.

The Punk exhibition at the Met, Lacroix returning to Schiaparelli to do a Couture presentation, and now Theirry back at Mugler - it all feels like people are conciously or unconciously yearning for some drama, some excitment, some glamour.

Of course, wouldn't it be amazing if we could have some really bombastic new, young designers to provide us with that kind of excitment? The new guard has to come from somewhere doesn't it? But - I've yet to see the work of a young designer who has a strong enough point of view to get people really talking (only ones who remotely seems to fit the ticket would be Christopher Kane and Rodarte (both of whom I feel have gotten lazy as of late, though)). The likes of Jason Wu, Prabal Gurung, Erdem, Altuzarra, J.W. Anderson, Thomas Tait, et al simply are too sheepish, or too unimaginative, or too pretentious to do anything truly worthwhile.

So - until someone new comes around to truly shock us - I feel like people are starting to want these older designers who used to bring so much magic to fashion to come back and give us that same sensation because no one is giving it to us now. Period.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thierry Mugler isn't returning to the label, he's stepping down as artistic director of fragrances.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moonandluna
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->