Alessandra Facchinetti - Launches Own Fashion Brand

Frederic01

Reaction score

Alessandra Facchinetti Teases Launch of Her Own Fashion Brand​

The former Tod's, Valentino and Gucci designer is set to launch a fashion brand spotlighting Italian craft.

By MARTINO CARRERA
OCTOBER 24, 2023, 12:23PM

IMG_8506.jpeg

BACK IN FASHION: Alessandra Facchinetti, the former Tod’s creative director of womenswear, could be making a comeback by launching her own fashion brand.

“I’m working on a project and for sure ‘Italiannes’ and Italian craft will be at the center of it,” she said, talking at the 2023 edition of the Milano Fashion Global Summit. “It’s not going to be solely dedicated to fashion, but potentially more [categories],” she added.

The designer stayed mum on additional details, including the brand’s name and launch date, but said she’s busy with prep work.

“[Embracing] Made in Italy for me was a life decision, a way to think and see things,” the designer said. “Today with all that’s going on I think Made in Italy can provide valuable answers… it’s about bringing quality, know-how and artisanship back at the center of the [fashion] conversation,” she said.

Facchinetti exited Tod’s in 2016 after joining the luxury brand three years earlier, an eventful tenure that saw the brand make a ready-to-wear push and start holding runway shows during Milan Fashion Week. Before that, the former Gucci and Valentino head designer had worked with Pinko to launch the Uniqueness brand in 2011. In the 2006-07 period, she was creative director of the Moncler Gamme Rouge collection. Earlier in her career she worked at the Prada Group for the Miu Miu brand.

After parting ways with Tod’s, the designer moved to New York before kicking off a consulting career in the Far East, starting from China.

“I was looking for a challenge, to reset my [career] path and start again from scratch and I was asked to collaborate with a Chinese company tasked with teaching them a working method,” she said. “That was an incredible challenge at a time when China was proving a relevant market [for the luxury sector].”

In 2020 Facchinetti set up her own Atelier-01 consulting studio and joined Harlan + Holden, a South Korean ready-to-wear men’s and women’s start-up brand. She has worked with Weiden + Kennedy Agency on the rebranding and international communication and with David Chipperfield Architects on a new store concept.

Last year she partnered with Editions Milano, which produces and distributes high-end furniture, lighting and accessories, designing “Circle,” the company’s first foray into the world of porcelain ceramics. She has also designed costumes for an opera production with music by her father Roby Facchinetti, musician, singer and keyboardist of the band Pooh, dedicated to Parsifal, staged at the Arcimboldi theater last March.

“When I decided to reopen my studio, I wanted to express and channel my creativity and vision in different fields, not necessarily only fashion,” she said at the summit, adding she’s now consulting with companies in the Philippines and Indonesia.

WWD

And NO THANKS to Frida, for me personally. She sucked the mystery out of Gucci and really only excelled in accessories.
I have to agree - Frida did some great accessories, especially shoes, but the Gucci clothes, collections etc. really just ran on Tom Ford Redux autopilot for a decade after Tom's departure, I really struggle to remember things changing in any way from even one year to the next there? Same old 'slinky 70s' vibe for season after season, I swear everyone seems to have developed amnesia about what an utter forgettable snooze (though still profitable and one of the bigger shows at Milan Fashion Week) Gucci became. Alessandro Michele shook that label up to the extent he did because it had become so stale.

Alessandra's had a number of jobs post-Valentino, it seems - Pinko, Tod's, Harlan+Holden, now her own-name label. Going by what she says, it'll probably include interiors/home/lifestyle stuff too since she has some experience in that and those might be a slightly easier sell than just clothes and accessories.

Do people from the industry read this place? Because we are the only people who even care.

Do people from the industry read this place? Because we are the only people who even care.
who knows? They certainly used to, but even if they don't, we're going to say what we have to say anyway.

Ok they need to get the memo on Marc at Chanel. Nobody else can do Iconography and Iconoclasm like MJ.

Ok they need to get the memo on Marc at Chanel. Nobody else can do Iconography and Iconoclasm like MJ.
interesting idea but as long as Virginie sells clothes, she's not going anywhere. Also I know they did the 'designer working for Chanel and also for LVMH' thing with Karl before but that was a different time, I really think they wouldn't do it in the 2020s with LVMH and Chanel being what they are now.

The thing about Chanel is that they don't have a history of high designer turnover (duh, when the previous incumbent was in his post for almost 4 decades). If Alessandra was designing for them, I doubt her departure would have been as precipitous as it was from Valentino.

I think if you work at a french fashion house - one would need to speak fluent french. At least the upper level staff. That should be a law.

Anyway back on topic. Watch Alessandra actually build the next Hermes.

I think people confused Frida for Alessandra. Also Frida has made timeless bags and shoes that are still produced tiday.

00010f.jpg

00090f.jpg

Vogue

I remember her Gucci received a luke warm reception.

Last edited:
I think if you work at a french fashion house - one would need to speak fluent french. That should be another law. Let me write the French government about my ideas to further protect fashion consumers and French Fashion.
not going to work when they're hiring design studio talent from countries where French isn't an official language lol. And I doubt French brands would ever let a new hire take full-time French classes for months before getting in the studio to do what they're paid for.

Also Frida has made timeless bags and shoes that are still produced tiday.

caught the edit only later....I literally said in my above comment that Frida did some great accessories (which, by definition, includes bags and shoes), what is the point being made here?

Last edited:
youre so fast.

Uh i didnt know it was you that said it. Im not keeping track of who said what.

I think if you work at a french fashion house - one would need to speak fluent french. At least the upper level staff. That should be a law.
Amen, yet it happens very rarely

MGC is in Good company.
The vast majority of non french CD don’t speak french beyond bonjour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chooch McGhee
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->