Alessandra Facchinetti Leaves GUCCI

LibertyRose said:
It is no coincidence that Balenciaga, Stella McCartney, and Alexander McQueen have all turned very commercial this season. This makes me think how Tom Ford had been defending his designers when he was still at Gucci.

wow i didn't even realize that. somone's mighty observant :D

I think Tom Ford said he wanted a break...

I wonder if Facchinetti had wanted to spread her creative wings more but that gucci execs stifled her and wanted to stick to the Tom formula for a smooth transition... she probably got sick of it

Either way... Gucci needs to do something new. I love the leather horsebit bags, but everything else is blah.

softgrey said:
i disagree...i think that ysl's accessories are much better than what gucci has been puting out since ford left...
that floral stuff was just plain ugly...
I agree, Gucci's accessories have been way too overdone, very very tacky. Even though they were very ornate in Tom's last two collections, they worked somehow.

Back to Faccinetti though, I really liked her last collection, much more so then her first. I think that's why I'm so disappointed by the news. God, Gucci Group is just looking for trouble if they continue to put so much pressure on their designers. Clearly the demands are too much if Alessandra left after only two collections.

Is It True That Alessandra And Stefano Left???

I keep hearing in the threads that Allesandra Fachenetti and Stefano Pilati have quit their jobs at Gucci and YSL Rive Gauche? Is this true? Anyone know????

if you read the threads...then i don't understand the question..
but this is the deal...

allessandra was basically let go..and stefano is firmly in place...for now...
:flower:

why was allesandra let go...her collections were so good....is there a link to an article or somethin?????

merged...
actually she was kicked out, her offerings for Gucci left the buyers zzzzzz..
hopefully the new Gucci girl -Frida Giannini- will be better for the post..

Pilati will stay long at ysl, everyone adores him (especially Press & buyers)

i am sorry, but that is so wrong.......in my opinion, Alesandra was very talented....she did good....i don't know...i hope it all works out...oh TOM FORD......Just save us the nightmare of being one of those "i wanna get into showbiz" people(although, iam sure that you will be a great director) and come back and do what you do best.....DESIGN CLOTHES!!!BEAUTIFUL CLOTHES!!!:cry: ....also, you were always my favotie thing during milan and paris fashion weeks.....you are so dreamy:wub:

you may find her talented my dear jssy but the international buyers needed something more 'interesting' the watered down Ford collections did no good for Gucci prestige, hence they kicked her out..

on the contrary, Gucci Group seems very happy with the way Stefano is banging his own tune for ysl.. originality pays back :wink:

I liked her, i mean she got crap because she redesigned Gucci after Tom Ford he had the sex appeal clothes. SHe brought class back to the Gucci i know and love. Dont get me wrong i liked tom ford. My point is i think frida should have gone she is just awful! Gucci will not be getting any of my custom for a while!

I really dont know but GUCCI so need to pull themselfs together there losing all there money makers and keeping all the absolute cr** makers

gallianoke said:
rumours say that stefano is also leaving gucci...

Exactly. It's a rumour because Stefano is not even at Gucci to leave Gucci :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->