Tod's says creative director Facchinetti to leave company..

Fashionstuff

http://fashionworldstuff.
Reaction score
Now Alessandra Facchinetti is going to leave Tod's!?

Source : reuters.com

Tod's says creative director Facchinetti to leave company

May 5 Italian luxury good group Tod's said on Thursday that its Creative Director Alessandra Facchinetti would leave the company after three years in her position.

Facchinetti said in a company statement she would "focus on other projects ... put aside in order to be able to achieve Tod's strategies."

Facchinetti's move is the latest in a long string of departures of creative directors in luxury good companies, including Anthony Vaccarello at Versace at the beginning of April.

(Reporting by Giulia Segreti)

Has she ever stayed at a house for more than a few years? I'm just thinking back to Valentino & Gucci....

Hopefully she is on to better and bigger things - she has the talent. She refreshed Tod's, making it a sensual, womanly brand.

i agree i loved her shows, they were impeccable! shame :(

Unpopular opinion here...

I don't feel sad about this. I honestly couldn't care less. She's a decent designer but she never gets it completely right. I think she should've never been more that a studio designer... She creates nice clothes yet she doesn't get a big following, maybe because of that, because she just creates cute clothes. What she does is not relevant to the fashion industry, the it factor is always missing. She doesn't have designer charisma.

Tragic. I wanted her to stay at Valentino tbh, her collections were good

Unpopular opinion here...

I don't feel sad about this. I honestly couldn't care less. She's a decent designer but she never gets it completely right. I think she should've never been more that a studio designer... She creates nice clothes yet she doesn't get a big following, maybe because of that, because she just creates cute clothes. What she does is not relevant to the fashion industry, the it factor is always missing. She doesn't have designer charisma.

Agree!
I don't care about Tod's , before they made good mocassins and it was "all about mocassins" and than, see the clothes from Tod's by Facchinetti was for me absolutely boring, honestly saw half summer 16 collection , if i remember good now. Overpriced handbags and yes, simply nice clothes, that is was the Tod's now. One more brand, one more boring collection, nothing fresh, nothing with "Wow" effect.
But i'll be not surprised to see her at the helm of Versus... but i wish for Versus somebody else.

Who cares?

Seriously, Tod's is nothing more than a glorified accessories brand..which just so happens to have a clothing line.

It's not like people walk into the Tod's stores and say "Ooh, I really need those blouses..in addition to those bags."

Just because SOME accessories brands have successfully expanded into RTW..that doesn't mean that EVERY accessories brand can do the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jasonb199
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->