Opaque Black Tights F/W 06.07

opaque tights is how i get through winters in ny, but a true matte opaque is hard to find. i seem to remember that banana republic always has good black tights with nooooo shine. any other suggestions- i need to replentish my stock as it's gonna get cold soon.

and ditto on that low waisted issue, i hate tights up around my t*ts! i want them super low. h&m has low waisted ones, but i think they were a bit shiny for my taste

Last edited by a moderator:
Love them! Even found the perfect pair a couple weeks ago. I have to admit I'm jumping on as they get trendy :blush: but I think I'll continue to wear them after it phases out. They're just so flattering! I don't need to worry about uneven color or anything, I just put them on and feel fabulous B)

Absolutely love wearing tights and always have done.. :heart:
I think its to do with being able to cover my paleness yet show my legs!

I do need to purchase some new ones though, mine are looking slightly worn.. :rolleyes:

They're great not just with skirts but with shorts too.

I was thinking of getting very long leggings, that cover up till where the feet start. Like the American Apparel ones, when your shoes cover up the fact that they are leggings, they can pass off as REALLY opaque tights and are great for cold winter days. :heart:

The colors I am considering are :
Asphalt
Royal Blue
Slate
Eggplant
Forest
Black
from the AA line

black for sure, but still wondering what second color i should get.....

Definately, although I use them as much for shedding wind while riding my bicycle as I do beneath shorts, jeans, or a skirt.

Opaque tights

Excellent Gasoline rainbow. I think this is a very sexy look on a women. What is your outfit? What do you think of men wearing opaque tights?

Ooooh good to discover this thread.

I actually just bought myself two pairs of black tights (one pair's 3/4), really opaque, really non-shiny. Perfect. I actually bought this to pair with a really thigh-touching shirt I bought that wouldn't go with other pants.

But now that I got the tights, I am thinking of buying more shirts to go with the tights.

Chicken & egg situation eh.

I wear them every winter. I can be sexy even though I'm totally modest. I had no clue they were a trend though. I just thought everyone should have some.

I do find them to be uncomfortable though. Maybe I'm buying too cheap & chic. I want something that breathes.

Last edited by a moderator:
For tall people wolford have a good selection. You just buy a larger size. Only thing is i have bony legs so they do bag a tiny bit behind the knee..but i actually like that.

ive bought wolford and armani but when i got home and tried them, they are not as opaque as i want them to be- u know im looking for the same tights we used to wear when we were kids- like knited- really dark black tights- any suggestions? I was going to order some falk from Net-a-porter but am afraid they will be too sheer- any ideas?

The reversible Spanx are really opaque and they're matte. They're my favorite, but they come up way too high. Oh well, I love them anyway. :heart:

Yeah, I've always worn those as well. I think of them as a winter staple, not a trend.

citytolove said:
The reversible Spanx are really opaque and they're matte. They're my favorite, but they come up way too high. Oh well, I love them anyway. :heart:

I was considering getting the Spanx tights after I saw them in an editorial recently, but are they really comfortable? I mean I know their whole purpose is body shaping so are they too tight at the top?

Love this trend (if it can be called a trend? i agree with lick1987). As long as they're not footless that is :innocent: I will keep on doing this for the winter!

My friends and I have been wearing black opaque tights in winter for a while now. I love them and have a really hard time giving them up when the weather gets warmer. Interestingly I've never actually seen that many people wearing them around here, although lots of girls were quick to pick up the footless tights trend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dima77
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->