Opaque black tights F/W 07.08

urd

Reaction score
black thights don't seem to go away. they are on almoust every show!!! (exept in the ones that had grey ones..)

I started to think if it can even be called a trend anymore? Any thoughts?
I don't have time to post all of them, but you'll get the idea

00010m.jpg

Abaeté

00010m.jpg

Adam + Eve

00030m.jpg

Alberta Ferretti

00020m.jpg

Alexander Wang

all pics style.com

I've always thought opaque tights were a classic that had became a trend during the last seasons. I still like it, especially how it's done at Alberta Ferretti.

I've worn them regularly since they were part of my school uniform. Love love love them!

00050m.jpg

I like the way black thights are worn with peep toes. (fendi, pic style.com)

00130m.jpg

without black opaques this moschino dress could look very sl*tty (style.com)

Is this really a trend? I've always considered opaque black tights to be something one wears during the winter, since bare legs really aren't an option and "skin tone" opaque tights would look.. well.. very strange.

i don't really think black opaque tights is a trend - i think it's a way of life :lol: but there certainly are a lot of examples for f/w.

^^ when u have legs as bad as myn its defently a way of life hehe

I love love love them! I'm a dress and a skirt person so I use tights a lot. I hate to wear nude tights because they just don't look that beautiful with any outfit. I have like dozens of black opaque tights and it's a small calamity every morning when I try to find a pair that is not broken. :lol: I should clean up my wardrobe more often.

Does any one think this will become a trend for men?

i just :heart: black opaque tights. They complete so many outfits, sometimes only the can put outfit together or make it wearable.

I completely agree, that it is not a trend, its just classics :flower:

I don't really consider black tights during winter a trend..they are really a sensible option to consider when wearing skirts or dresses during such a chilly period.

I don't think it's a trend - it'll never go away because it's so practical for hiding pale legs in winter. But I think over the last few seasons there have been new ways to wear them - particularly, as a way to wear a summer dress in not so warm weather, wearing with peep toes, as a contrast to brighter colours. I do agree, it takes the edge off some of the riskier dresses

Now, I feel strange when I'm wearing tights that aren't opaque:ninja:

it's def a major trend...
because shorter skirts and dresses are so huge and leggings are not an option for most grown women (more for the younger set)..very very very opaque black tights have become a major must have for most fashionable women...
- we saw it all over in the audiences at all the shows this season...
and we know that what the editors wear now...
the rest of the scene adopts a season or so later...

so yes...
completely opaque tights are def HUGE...

*style tip--wearing two pairs at a time insures a completely dark and elegantly sleek leg

:wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Thats weird you mention it, I do the layering thing all the time. I dont like how with one pair some parts are completly opaque on me while some parts are kind of transparent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silvercat90
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->